Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:07 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
Sounds to me like Torg's had this dream before. What could that mean?

Honestly, I have no idea. Maybe someone else does.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:32 am 
And who is creepy Japanese horror chick? My spec is that she's Alternate Zoe's spirit who haunts him.

But she was nice, so that doesn't make sense. Ah well.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:41 am 
I personally thought it was just a reference to the movie "The Ring."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:40 pm 
Unless Pete has a "paisley" texture on his version of Photoshop, I'm betting that the mysterious figure's cloak is no coincidence. The only question is, is it Alt Zoe's restless spirit from the Dimension of Pain coming back to haunt him for not keeping his promise, or is it just a manifestation of a guilty conscience?

With that said, I do find it very interesting that Pete has bundled Torg and Bun-Bun off together so quickly... Bun-Bun's a furry little monster, but he's a perceptive monster, and as one of the only other characters who knows how Torg feels about Zoe, if Torg's gonna open up to anyone, it'll be the Bun. And right on the heels of these apparently recurring nightmares?

It's hard to say though, with so much going on right now... Zoe appears to be on the verge of chucking her job, Riff's back in with labs and laser cannons, Schlock is monitoring Aylee, and now Torg, Bun-Bun, and Kiki are tromping off in his car just the way they did before he first met Oasis. This could go in a dozen directions, or all of them at once.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:44 pm 
I was rolling that idea around in my mind - that since Bun Bun is so good at keying in on Torg's thoughts, and since he's also currently the only other character to have been chucked alone into a different world, they have a lot in common right now. Who better (and worse) to have Torg open up to? The potential conflict just boils over the sides.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:20 pm 
ACME Sales Rep.
ACME Sales Rep.
WLM: DesertSongDog
AOL: DesertSongDog
I think the intent of this thread was a discussion of the recurring nightmare itself and not meant to be spec on who the "creepy Japanese Horror Flick chick" may be. There is already a thread on that, so if this thread continues to discuss that aspect or cannot be different enough from the other thread I am going to have to call it a duplicate thread and lock it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:23 pm 
The symbols to Torg's left might mean something. There's one above the "S" of "Sluggy Freelance" which looks interesting.. unfortunatly I'm not very good at enhancing images so I couldn't take close look.
Does anyone recognise there symbols, was anyone able to see them clearly?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:51 pm 
AOL: Surgoshan
They look like decorative scrollwork on a border.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:16 pm 
I'm betting Alt Zoe's restless spirit is it just a manifestation of a guilty conscience?
:zoe:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:55 pm 
I did my bestto look at above the S real close. There is the odd thing above the S and then the scroll directly above it was the tail whited out.

Now, this may be coincidence, but that whited out tail sure looks like an "e" given the conrtrast with the shading. This could be a drawing mistake or maybe a reference to...zoe?

Also note the diamonds above Torgs left hand, a particullarly pronounced one above his first finger. The diamond is a symbol associated with the book of e-ville and raht'ar gud. The book is associated with KzK. The thing above the S might by the bug.

Also, note how Torg's shirt billows like in the wind, makes sense given what appears to be lightening strikes behind the figure. But there is a weird shading effect to the right of Torg's head. Is that meant to symbolize the wind as well? Or is that a new symbol to associate with Torg? Kind of a sideways peace sign?

Also, today the figure does not appear to be on fire, rather just red all around it. what could that mean?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:11 am 
Location: Hiding in Schlocky's lab (He still hasn't looked in the 3rd drawer from the left)
Is it just me, or are Kusari and Oasis possibilities?

Last edited by K'Z'K on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:38 am 
If it really is alt-Zoe or someone trying to contact Torg in his dreams (which seem to have happened before to him), it is so our normal Torg to call her Creepy Japanese Horror Chick and be completely oblivious to the fact that they are trying to tell him something. It's good to see that the demons didn't knock all the dumb out of him.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:18 am 
AOL: xSlayerSgirlX
Putting aside 'creepy Japanese horror chick's' appearance for a minute, there's something odd about the lines:
CJHC: "You don't know who I am?"
Torg: "Yeah, you're Creepy Japanese Horror Chick."
CJHC: "You do and you will!"

Will what? If you take what she says literally, she's saying "You know who I am and you will know who I am." How can Torg know her, and then know her again in the future? It's a circular/redunant statement, at least the way I read it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:00 am 
Moonlit has a point. If Creepy Japanese Horror Chick is Alt-Zoë then it may come from torgs lack of a ablity to sperate her from Zoë Prime it could be, "somthing bad happend to Alt-Zoë and will happen to Zoë Prime."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:37 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: MallClerks+Dogma
Or just that he knows who she is, he just can't identify her yet.

The strip has allusions to the start of the arc that introduced Oasis, Bun-bun stealing Torgs car, parody of a horror film.

If it is Oasis, then its that Torg knows her, but doesn't know that body yet...

That could get confusing really quick.

And the last time everyone was connected through thier dreams was during the fight with K'Z'K', but maybe it just happens during times of distress.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat