Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Torg Moving Out
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:59 am 
AOL: SargeAbernathy
Okay, several times in this forum I've seen people bewildered as to why Torg moved out. The mere idea that people would be bewildered bewilders me.

I thought it was pretty much assumed and shown that by Torg's epic adventure and seeing Alt-Zoe (whom he fell in LOVE with) die .... he's changed and disturbed.

Now he's back in the world where he's reminded by Alt-Zoe whenever he sees Zoe, and also reminded that he can never have Zoe (whom he had loved before the epic adventure).

I assumed and have always known Torg to have moved out because he can't handle living with Zoe, Riff, and Gywnn ... all people who have had a big impact on Torg in the epic adventure.

Why are people assuming otherwise?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:08 am 
Good point.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:20 am 
I'm actually trusting in Bun Bun to resolve all this.

I know I know, who ever heard of Bun Bun deliberatly doing something good, but I mean think abut it, who better than him to knock some sense into Nerd boy. Of course it probably won't be intentional, and Bun Bun will probably curse and scream and beat up on everyone for a wek after wards.

But, such is life.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:40 pm 
Yes Bun-Bun would be very upset about Nerd-Boy moving back in until he found out Torg is more fun to bet up now.
As for Torg I think he will have to relive the trek through the DOP with our Zoë; they get stuck together in the next battle. And he slips up a little, saying, I failed you once, then he saves her and she proves that she is not Alt-Zoë by saving him, something her timid look-a-like would not do.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:32 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Just before the whole cloner fiasco, Torg had told everyone he was leaving. Then, when they lost the house, he got an apartment with Riff and Gwynn. Seems pretty apparent that when Riff and Gwynn moved back in, he continued on at the apartment. Since almost all of this happened in the comic, I'm not sure why people are so surprised about it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:38 pm 
We're not we just don't like it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:30 pm 
Personally, I'm pleasantly surprised that Torg is still within the general vincinity of his friends. Pete could've pulled another "Homecoming" on us.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:38 pm 
Raptor wrote:

Like I said, I'm actually betting on Pete using Bun Bun as a means, whether indirectly or otherwise, of resolving all this.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:51 am 
T-1000 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Like I said, I'm actually betting on Pete using Bun Bun as a means, whether indirectly or otherwise, of resolving all this.

Something needs to happen to resolve this - not to resolve Torg and Zoe, but to resolve what the hell's been going on, who lives where, and all that other mundane stuff that is necessary for the comic to make sense. It's a mess, and trying to be cute about "what's happened" in four-panel joke-a-day scripts is more frustrating than anything that happened during OU. Somebody just do a coherent recap ferchistsake and get on with it.

Yeah, I'm starting to think this is Not So Nifty.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:45 am 
jackal59 wrote:
Something needs to happen to resolve this - not to resolve Torg and Zoe, but to resolve what the hell's been going on, who lives where, and all that other mundane stuff that is necessary for the comic to make sense.

Eh? We know that all the other characters are living in the old house and Torg isn't. We've seen them there just two days ago and were told before that Torg moved out. What's so confusing about that?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:10 am 
Charles RB wrote:
jackal59 wrote:
Something needs to happen to resolve this - not to resolve Torg and Zoe, but to resolve what the hell's been going on, who lives where, and all that other mundane stuff that is necessary for the comic to make sense.

Eh? We know that all the other characters are living in the old house and Torg isn't. We've seen them there just two days ago and were told before that Torg moved out. What's so confusing about that?

This.

I already reacted to that comic before. It's disjointed, and I cannot believe that Schlock lives with them for any reason other than it's being necessary to have him back for plot. I also mis-read the interaction between Gwynn and Riff and thought they hadn't seen each other for a while. Maybe she just got her job, thus his feigned surprise? Or, maybe it's an awkward chunk of plot ("Here's what Gwynn's doing now since I wasn't clear about that before!").

I suppose I should go back and re-read the strips that covered their moving out after the cloner guys got the house so that I can piece the time-line together. However, those strips weren't all that interesting the first time around.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:43 am 
jackal59 wrote:
[Or, maybe it's an awkward chunk of plot ("Here's what Gwynn's doing now since I wasn't clear about that before!").

Or maybe Riff is needling Gwynn...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:09 pm 
jackal59 wrote:

So, by "all that stuff", you meant Schlock. Who is one stuff.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:44 pm 
WLM: Wild Horse Hank
We also don't know whether or not Zoe and Torg have talked at all, since she's got his number and has called him... or what was in the box. I'm hoping it all gets cleared up this week, somehow, myself, or at the very least, we get a few hints as to the less sure bits before moving on to the rest... I suppose we'll find out.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:07 pm 
jackal59 wrote:
I already reacted to that comic before. It's disjointed, and I cannot believe that Schlock lives with them for any reason other than it's being necessary to have him back for plot.

Well from a purely practical point of view Schlock is easy income if he's paying rent. And with Gwynn and Riff's jobs being what they are, I'm sure they could use the money... free real estate or no. Or perhaps they made a deal with Schlock because he knows more about Aylee's physiology than anyone alive and they are trading him living space in return for his help finding out what's wrong with her (although they really ought to know by now what a bad idea that is). From a storytelling point of view, yes, Schlock being there screams plot device, but I'm alright with it personally cause Schlock stories are great stories.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat