Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: K'Z'K's true name?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:41 pm 
What the Heck here http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=010129 Gwynn ask K'Z'K his true name and he mess with her head, but when he is talking to Skippy he says that K'Z'K is he's name so what the heck is going on here?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:17 am 
Trying to get out of work for one day Oh and OM2 was raping up.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:28 am 
AOL: Surgoshan
I'm trying to cut back on my proofreading posts, I really am. But you mean "wrapping", I'm utterly certain. And "OU2".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:39 am 
That's not a guarantee. He could've meant "Oceans Moving" - Pete's secret Shadow Plot that's hiding beneath the seemingly innocent surface of Sluggy.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:05 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
Don't start.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:34 am 
Wouldn't it be called "Oceans Moving" now since it's over?

But I do like the question though. Anybody want to guestimate what K'Z'K' stands for or if it's short for anything?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:20 pm 
Okay sorry about the OU OM thing,
but really why would K'Z'K not be his true name?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:50 pm 
It is his true name. Gwynn says, "Tell me your Firstname, Kenny," which is what she's hitherto known him as, and he replies, (in a voice that I'd imagine to be not unlike that of His Blueness in Yellow Submarine) "K'Z'K's not a good enough name?" meaning that he's already told her his name, and it is K'Z'K.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:03 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
NO, your Blueness!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:58 pm 
Quote:
It is his true name. Gwynn says, "Tell me your Firstname, Kenny," which is what she's hitherto known him as, and he replies, (in a voice that I'd imagine to be not unlike that of His Blueness in Yellow Submarine) "K'Z'K's not a good enough name?" meaning that he's already told her his name, and it is K'Z'K.
I think its more, on the side it said Not True Name, and lets look at him for a second, he likes to mess with heads.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:04 pm 
Raptor wrote:
I think its more, on the side it said Not True Name,

Ah, now that is interesting. Good eye, there.

I'm still pretty sure K'Z'K is his Truename; as you said, he identifies himself as such to Skip, and it also seems to work in Riff and Torg's spell to detatch him from Gwynn. Also, the "NOT TRUENAME" message is not next to K'Z'K's speech bubble, but Gwynn's.

Note, however, what Gwynn is saying, "Tell me your FIRSTNAME, Kenny." Therefore, I think the message indicates that "Firstname" is different from "truename." K'Z'K would then seem to be dodging the question--"[My Truename]'s not good enough?" Of course this sort of makes sense--one's Truename, by virture of being true, would presumably trump one's Firstname--whatever that is.

So the question is this: What does Gwynn mean by "Firstname"? Is she asking K'Z'K about his past, say, before he became K'Z'K? Where do his brand of demons come from, anyway? They don't appear to be primarily corporeal, unlike the DOP demons (who would seem to be completely unrelated in every way--the only possible exception being the Demon King, who's something very different, but we won't go into that now), and thus likely do not reproduce by standard means. Does someone who starts out as something else somehow become a demon? And how did K'Z'K become bound to the Book, anyway?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:51 am 
I always assumed they were fallen angels, it would go with the none corporeal thing. Also there was something about one of there names casing them pain, maybe it is there angelic name or there first name.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:08 pm 
I don't think K'Z'K has an origin. K'Z'K is the end. Anything for which time is meaningful has an end. Just as the personifications of Halloween and Cristmas are real in the sluggyverse the personification of armageddon is real. K'Z'K seems unlinked to any belief in the way the holidays are, possibly meaning K'Z'K pre-existed sapient life. If this is the case K'Z'K is a simple side effect of the existance of the universe.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:49 pm 
Raptor wrote:
I always assumed they were fallen angels, it would go with the none corporeal thing. Also there was something about one of there names casing them pain, maybe it is there angelic name or there first name.

Good point there

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat