Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:49 am 
I don't really have any spec on this, but has anyone else noticed that Sluggy Prime is the only universe where K'Z'K appears to be a threat, or is even referred to at all?

Granted, there was the Book of Rothur-Nice (or however it was spelled) but there was no real backstory given on it. But not even the DoR had a mention of K'Z'K (I think), just Schlock coming back in time for some reason.

Is it possible that K'Z'K, in the entire multiverse, is a purely singular being? I'm not sure if that's important or not, but it seems a neat idea. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will point out how. And I don't really have any theories to build off this, just tossing the idea out there.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:21 am 
Well, we dont know whether sparks are contained inside dimensions, or govern the whole multiverse.

However, k´z´k have been mentioned indirectly in another dimension, the Dimension of Rain (4U City) by Rammer.

Kzk is not named, but in Sluggy Prime Schlock came from the future that Kzk was destroying, so its obviously the same demon.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:39 am 
What with the most recent strip and Gwynn having sparked (no pun intended) the change from Kozaku to KZK, I'm starting to think this whole bit with the sparks is somehow one big Stable Time Loop.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:37 am 
migB wrote:
Well, we dont know whether sparks are contained inside dimensions, or govern the whole multiverse.

However, k´z´k have been mentioned indirectly in another dimension, the Dimension of Rain (4U City) by Rammer.

Plus, there's the part where that Rammer says about the web being broken, which we now know to be holding K'Z'K in place

Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:08 pm 
Here's another question: if Kron was able to survive the destruction of one spark and lived into the next, where is he in Torg's time? Does he still exist in some form? Could he perhaps have been helping our heroes in secret for years now?

<random insane theory> Kron is Chaz, forged by "Bob" with his eternal spirit within the sword itself. </random insane theory>

Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:13 pm 
CodeBlack wrote:
Here's another question: if Kron was able to survive the destruction of one spark and lived into the next, where is he in Torg's time? Does he still exist in some form? Could he perhaps have been helping our heroes in secret for years now?

<random insane theory> Kron is Chaz, forged by "Bob" with his eternal spirit within the sword itself. </random insane theory>

It was Kron's father Krohnus that was able to survive from one spark to the next. Krohnus is most likely Father Time (Holiday Wars and various strips featuring the fate spider). Kron probably survived the destruction of Mohkadun in a sense bound in the Book of Eville with K'Z'K: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20030529

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:14 am 
Chaz contains a sentient fragment of K'Z'K. No life comes from him. Ever. Remember?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:33 am 
balthazar wrote:
Chaz contains a sentient fragment of K'Z'K. No life comes from him. Ever. Remember?

Very interresting theory.
If Chaz contain the essense of the end, that would explain how Chaz can apperantly kill anything in the Sluggyverse.

But Chaz was found during the war of the bug-squishers, in which our heroes defeated Kzk.
And Chaz later told Torg that he only survived the war because of his protection.
I find it very unlikely that a sentient piece of Kzk would conspire to destroy Kzk.

But Chaz might be a non-sentient piece of Kzk, containing a part of his power to destroy, without any will.
The sentience then comes from another being, bound to the sword like Cron is bound to the Book.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:52 am 
This is all even assuming the last spark ended. Maybe it didn't. Civilizations can rise and fall without calling it the end of everything. The fact that there are Mocha ruins left for Riff's dad to find makes me wonder if Gwynn's idea did work. I'm also curious as to what the "broken web" means. DoR is broken yet still in one piece - we've seen K'Z'K is vulnerable to time/space manipulation technology, maybe K'Z'K of 4U got zapped somewhere else so the web is broken but life goes on...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:35 am 
I view it as the web broke, KZK got unleashed and then billions of lives were wiped out - but a new "spark" and web is trying to form, which I think will be the stabilization of time/space that Alt-Riff was working on (If that fails, the spark and web failed for now). We have seen that KZK doesnt have to be the actual one ripping things apart, he can influenece greatly.

DOL - The web ALMOST broke, Torg managed to put the demons away and the spark there survives.

DOP - When Mosp gave the key to the demons, the web broke (was already broken) and the spark this time was gone as there were only demons remaining.

I dont think one spark ending doesnt mean all life ending - it seems to me life itself starts another spark.

Now, also reference this to Timeless space - where enough timelines come together, they set up a new spark and away we go again.

Chaz I do not think is a fragment of KZK. My money is on a "Weeping God" that we havent seen yet. Chaz is more suited to destruction of evil and it seems the more evil and more spirit, the more vulnerable they are to Chaz - almost everything else is a true kill (Like decapitation, sword through the black heart etc) but a spirit is literally a nick and they are done.

It also seems a Torg or Torg-like analogue is needed to save a spark too.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:24 pm 
I don't think "evil" is a factor - so far it's just that Torg has only chosen to use the sword against evil. I think "spirit" is the essential thing.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:24 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
I'm wondering if Strom himself is the Tangle. The spiders killed Erin to keep HC from encountering the Cult, were told they'd failed, and Strom found the dying Erin. He was HC then, seems to have switched to the Cult as soon as he tracked Erin back to them.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:44 pm 
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
I'm wondering if Strom himself is the Tangle. The spiders killed Erin to keep HC from encountering the Cult, were told they'd failed, and Strom found the dying Erin. He was HC then, seems to have switched to the Cult as soon as he tracked Erin back to them.

Perhaps he has one of the sentient pieces of K'Z'K "gently guiding" his actions, as sentient K'Z'K pieces have been known to do.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:28 pm 
I've got a slightly different suspicion about Strom. He's got a particular habit, involving a covered face and a far-too-satisfied grin... see panel four here, panels four and seven here, final panel here (and the same grin, sans hat, in panel one).

So does someone else.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:04 pm 
tejón wrote:
I've got a slightly different suspicion about Strom. He's got a particular habit, involving a covered face and a far-too-satisfied grin... see panel four here, panels four and seven here, final panel here (and the same grin, sans hat, in panel one).

So does someone else.

OMG! Great catch!! (now we're back to my comment a while back - anyone else getting Battlestar Gallatica vibes here?)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat