Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Questions about reread
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm 
I used to hang out here (many MANY years ago, under a different username which was attached to a sluggy.net email account I can't access) but it's been a long time. Hope I'm not tripping on any forum rules by making a new high level topic.

I've read through the archives several times, for funsies, but this is the first time I've tried to make all the continuity line up, trying to catch forward and backwards references and untangle all the threads. Fun! But I've hit a couple of places where I can't figure out what's going on. Is it cool to ask here?

First question I've hit that I can't solve - after the Holiday Wars, when did Aylee get into a cocoon? On 05/09/04 she's referred to in a cocoon as if it's fairly established (and that she's been there nearly half a year), but she's also at Crystals bar the previous new year, and I can't see any other reference to her going all cocooned. Did I miss something?

Also - is there a FAQ for these kinds of questions? It seems the average sluggite is both smarter and more observant than I am, and I don't want to get into a "YES, WE KNOW THE PUPPET THEATER SAYS DR. STEVE ON IT JEEZ" situation.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:26 am 
eriksharrison wrote:
after the Holiday Wars, when did Aylee get into a cocoon? On 05/09/04 she's referred to in a cocoon as if it's fairly established (and that she's been there nearly half a year), but she's also at Crystals bar the previous new year, and I can't see any other reference to her going all cocooned. Did I miss something?

You didn't miss anything. Aylee's appearance on New Year's was the last time we saw her before she went into her cocoon state. She's then not in the strip for a while and when we next "see" her, Torg establishes that she's been in a cocoon for about six months. That's how we first find out where she's been during her long absence. Pete just never showed her entering the cocoon in the strip (it happened off-panel).

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 am 
Noble Suction, I thank you.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 pm 
No need to be so apologetic, with 15 years of archives, no one is expected to know all of it. You probably know/understand more than many regular posters, i.e. myself.

As you may have noticed, there are permanent stickies established for all the myriad theories about Oasis and Bun-Bun. Other than that, there's no standard FAQ located locally. There is, however, a Sluggi wiki. http://sluggy.wikia.com

Quote:
I used to hang out here (many MANY years ago, under a different username which was attached to a sluggy.net email account I can't access) but it's been a long time.

Who were you in your former Sluggy.net life? I've been here a decade now...

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:22 am 
I'm not sure what era you came from, but it sounds WAY more formal than ours is now. :P No worries.

Some of us did commit the better part of 15 years to memory. I can still quote the best lines verbatim for at least 10-12 which makes Nifty-searches easier (this was in the ancient era when the scriptures that are sluggy were to be transmitted orally, lest the InterWeb fail and throw us into a Thousand Years of Darkness).

But there are SO many details, its always good to have people recently re-reading to throw stuff at us. (like a possible Bun Bun's mom/Chaz connection. Gar still chewing on that one).

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat