Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 am 
Shower thought: I wonder if any of the other Mohkadun gods have some sort of memory loss.

Nobody seems to be running around trying to save the world anymore but the Sluggy gang. I get that many may be apathetic towards mankind now, but what about Santa? AKA, 99.9% likely the Krig, God of Joy. At the VERY LEAST he should care. And supposedly he's got eyes everywhere.

Surely if anyone out there cares about people anymore, it should be him.

Also, I wonder who Mrs Clause might be. She's lived longer than a normal human, too. Was there ever any spec on who she might be?

I suppose it's possible to pull him and a few others back in with Symachus's official unveiling as the other 'new' big bad.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:51 am 
Uncle Time seems to be the only one of the gods that is still somewhat active today. And he seems to be aware of things and to have plans, as enacted by the fate spiders.

Meanwhile, in this conversation between Rana and Dunaloa, Dunaloa says that "we gods choose what we choose to remember" and Rana seems genuinely confused about some things that happened in the past.

I suspect this is in keeping with this trope: even the gods, being immortal, can only remember so much. It would take intentional focus to remember specifics, and things can easily slip away either because they are too far off in the past or too traumatic.

Rana (and maybe Bun Bun) has some traumatic memories that she's actively avoiding remembering. Dunaloa on the other hand has made it her mission to punish Farahn, and seems to be sustaining her memories just by choosing to focus on them. Uncle Time seems less bothered, but also actively participating. On the other hand Father Time seems to not be... all there.

So based on this theory I would guess that Santa has simply let those memories fade or doesn't want to return to them... yet.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:23 pm 
All good points/thoughts.

Still. I WONDER WHO MRS. CLAUSE IS. And I'm starting to feel quite bad for her for never wondering, myself. Her identity has simply been "Mrs" up until now and I feel a bit bad for her. I hope Pete makes her out to be some sort of Faye royalty or something at least...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:48 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Still. I WONDER WHO MRS. CLAUSE IS. And I'm starting to feel quite bad for her for never wondering, myself. Her identity has simply been "Mrs" up until now and I feel a bit bad for her. I hope Pete makes her out to be some sort of Faye royalty or something at least...

Perhaps that is how Santa's Elves came into his service? They were originally part of Mrs. Claus' Fey court and followed her to the North Pole.

That is my new headcanon until Pete disproves it.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:42 pm 
Not a bad guess! I'll take you one crazy spec further.

For my head canon, I'm going to treat the elves as early prototype vampires who refused to drink blood. As a result, they avoided turning into the types of vampires we have today, but shrunk considerably in size due to their malnourishment.

Since Mrs Clause is normal sized, I guess she found an alternative to avoid shrinkage. Perhaps granted powers from Santa/Krig, much like Horb became Horribus or Psych became Psychosis, but with godlike powers, rather than demonic ones.

It's ridiculous enough to work! :kiki:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat