Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:10 pm 
I just realized something. Can't they get the house back by having Zoe leave and then threatening the cloners with the same "We're going to call the cops because you're living here illegally" thing?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:31 pm 
AOL: alkthash
They aren't living there illegaly. The cloning company took the house as compensation for Riff's failure to pay the cloning bill, and Bill and Phil have been transfered to work there, for some reason.

Yeah, evil or just petty and mean companies find lots of ways to get around the law.

Also on that note, the sluggy gang never technically owned the house themselves. They were either renting it from Creepser, or living there without paying rent. So if they called the police to get "their" house back, and they did make a convincing case against the cloners, the house would most likely be auctioned off by the city.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:40 pm 
In this strip it says they don't have the deed and are living there illegally and that's why the cloners are taking the house.

http://sluggy.com/daily.php?date=050113

Otherwise they would have been selling the house. Remember?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:41 pm 
So even though they wouldn't get the house back, at least the cloners wouldn't have it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:50 pm 
I think Pete is just trying to move the characters out of the house. It has had it's fair share of plotlines, from ghosts, to traveling to hell's ass, to multiple haloween parties. It might be better if the gang has a new location so the story can more easily focus on them, and not their surroundings.

They are a corporation. THey can get away with lots of stuff without anyone in the public taking notice except those who get screwed over.

Finally I don't see the sluggy gang calling the police just to spite the cloners. Well maybe Riff and Gywn. But it wouldn't help them, and it would bring about the whole mess where the cloners need some form of payment all over again. This way the cloners are placated for the time being, and if Torg and co. have laerned anything in the past, you do not mess with big corporations without getting some high explosives first. :torg:

Oh, you could have just edited that comment in after your post with the link.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:18 pm 
Man, I loved that house.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:33 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: MrNoiseMonkey
They are kinda in an awkward sitch since Aylees in the basement. They can't risk anyone else coming to that house and finding her. Especially the cops who might get an exterminator to rid the house of infestation, or a government agency to do the unthinkable. I don't think I need to mention the general consencus of what a government agency would do with a living alien *snip snip* :aylee:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:51 pm 
NoiseMonkey wrote:
They are kinda in an awkward sitch since Aylees in the basement. They can't risk anyone else coming to that house and finding her. Especially the cops who might get an exterminator to rid the house of infestation, or a government agency to do the unthinkable. I don't think I need to mention the general consencus of what a government agency would do with a living alien *snip snip* :aylee:

While we are considering aylee, it's kinda nice how a group of cloners just managed to get the house where a former cloned alien is.

In other words, anybody else thinking herreti corp is behind the cloners, and backing their research and the fact they got the house this way is a lucky coincidence for herreti corp.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:08 pm 
If they were Hereti-Corp, they'd have kept Zoe out of their base of operations then torn the house apart (literally) in search of Aylee.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:12 pm 
And even in their weakened state, I doubt Herti-Corp would appoint two employees as incompetent as Bill and Phil to find Ayelee.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat