Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Aylee.. what happened??
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:48 am 
I don't know if I missed it or if I've forgotten or if it was never explained.. but where are you Aylee!? You appearing during Hamsternom would be amazing! :aylee:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:39 am 
It's unfortunate - I feel like Aylee and Gwynn aren't even in the strip anymore. Also thought it was bizarre (and a little messed up) that Torg and Riff wouldn't reach out to at least let those two, of all people, know that Zoe was alive.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
It's almost like the cast has grown to a size Pete finds unwieldy. He almost never puts the whole gang together for strips anymore.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:13 pm 
Which would be fine if stories only lasted a few weeks like they did in the beginning. But main characters disappear for years at a time now - not great if you're an Aylee or Gwynn fan (I'm both).

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:29 am 
But does anyone actually remember what happened to her, or could post a link to it for me?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:01 am 
The last time that Aylee was gone for a while, we ended up discovering that she'd been in a cocoon in the basement for months... and she came out HUGE. And made mainly of dirt.

What form is Aylee changing into now?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 am 
kaosnemora wrote:
But does anyone actually remember what happened to her, or could post a link to it for me?

Torg sent Aylee with Gwynn in 2009 to keep her safe. She appeared once more in Christmas 2010. I don't think she's been seen since then outside of Pawnz but I could be wrong.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:53 pm 
Xane wrote:
kaosnemora wrote:

Torg sent Aylee with Gwynn in 2009 to keep her safe. She appeared once more in Christmas 2010. I don't think she's been seen since then outside of Pawnz but I could be wrong.

Confirmed, I just did a minor archive trawl, she hasn't been seen since, which is a shame. After Riff she's my favorite character. : (

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:31 pm 
I miss Aylee too! :aylee:

I'm thinking Aylee will show up soon. We havent seen her or Gwynn for awhile and Torg and Riff have yet to reveal that Zoe is back so i'm thinking that there must be a reason. Maybe something big is supposed to happen upon the gang reuniteing. That Pete's been putting off/ doesnt want to reveal yet.

I think it'd be nice if Pete did a week or two of 'what Aylee and Gwynn have been up to" It'd give him more time to relax before the next big story arc and it'd be nice to see how they were doing but I think they havent been in the story for plot purposes. In the last comic we saw Aylee in it was pointed out that Gwynn refused to come. This is just a theory but i'm thinking with Riff and Zoe's 'deaths' and Torgs in her opinion insanity drove her closer to the book of e-ville. She was practiceing magic almost full time when we last saw her. We also know Aylee landed a job though i'm not sure what she does. I think we'll be seeing Aylee and Gwynn real soon, and when we do it'll be big.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:56 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
It's unfortunate - I feel like Aylee and Gwynn aren't even in the strip anymore. Also thought it was bizarre (and a little messed up) that Torg and Riff wouldn't reach out to at least let those two, of all people, know that Zoe was alive.

Torg explained he thinks they are being watched by HC.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:46 am 
Orion wrote:
It's almost like the cast has grown to a size Pete finds unwieldy. He almost never puts the whole gang together for strips anymore.

Main characters have disappeared from the strip for years at a time ever since the start of the strip. Sam, Sasha, Zoe, BunBun, even Torg and Riff --they've all seen extended disappearances from the main continuity, starting way back in the 90's when the strip began.

Personally, I think it's smart, even if you end up missing some of your favorites. It keeps things fresher, because you can deal with different group dynamics based on who is in or out at any given time.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat