Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:05 am 
ANybody got them for sale?

[email protected]

Post subject: Re: Need books 7 and 8.
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:25 am 
got $400? ($200 per book)
A Very Big Bang!
Fire and Rain.
I'd just wait till Pete releases Megatome 3 or something, I wish I could afford these too.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 am 
Yeah, no thanks. I saw that and my nuts went North. Not good.

Better investment than gold, if you can get someone to pay that much. LOL

I picked up megatome 2 for $4. and the first three original books for $15 total.

Off to buy Ghosts now....

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:33 am 
Megatome 2 for $4? Where?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:54 am 
Sorry, people keep stealing my books as it is... need to track one of them down still. :P

I'd watch Barnes and Nobles too-- though right now their only Book 7 Offer is 200 too.

Amazon.uk occasionally has random deals worth trolling for too- assuming you can get a price good enough for international shipping:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... ce&x=0&y=0

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:41 am 
I got both from Amazon for $20 each last year, and Fire and Rain was even Hardcover... I think I got the last cheap ones left though...

End of Line.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:21 am 
Doh, can't find book 7 or 8 with shipping to Norway (and none cheaper than 30$ either).

Any news on when Megatome 3 might be out? :P

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:54 am 
Megatomes seem to be a dim dream of the past. :-( But if y'all would pay attention to the News postings, part of the "break" in Sluggy is due to Pete working on the rerelease of Books 7 and 8 as well as getting Books 10 and 11 out. Patience, my friends.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:19 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Megatomes seem to be a dim dream of the past. :-( But if y'all would pay attention to the News postings, part of the "break" in Sluggy is due to Pete working on the rerelease of Books 7 and 8 as well as getting Books 10 and 11 out. Patience, my friends.

Too bad about the Megatomes, but a rerelease does sound like good news at least! I guess I should get book 9 before it runs out too, even if that means I'll be getting the books in the wrong order. :)

BTW I also have two other questions:
- The Years of Yarncraft book is not included in any of the other Sluggy books right? If it's not then I'll probably get that one too!
- Are the extra comics that are available for Defenders of the Nifty available in book form, or are they still exclusively on the website for the Defenders? (E.g., the extra Sampire comics and other strips that are advertised on the "join the Defenders" page.)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:39 pm 
Can't answer on the Years of Yarncraft, as I was one of those that thought I'd hold out for the megatomes, but now realize that I'll be waiting forever... So for now, all I have is Megatome 1 & 2, and am waiting for the rerelease of Books 7 and 8... Sampire comics and other Defenders Only content, is just that: Defenders Only. And I suspect that is how it will remain, as Pete feels like he needs to give the Defenders something exclusive. Likewise, there are bonus stories in each book that only book buyers get, and the Defenders don't. Hope that helps...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 am 
And there I have ordered book 9, 10 and Years of Yarncraft. :kiki: But I'd love to read the books in chronological order, so I hope it won't be too long before the rerelease of 7 and 8 is ready!

Man, reading through Megatome 1 and 2 really made me realize how much I'd forgotten of some of the backstories. I had for example completely forgotten about the backstory for Dr. Schlock! I guess reading through the archives for many late nights back when I first started reading Sluggy Freelance didn't make it easy to remember all the details. :P

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:50 am 
swmartian wrote:
Sampire comics and other Defenders Only content, is just that: Defenders Only. And I suspect that is how it will remain, as Pete feels like he needs to give the Defenders something exclusive. Likewise, there are bonus stories in each book that only book buyers get, and the Defenders don't. Hope that helps...

Also, thanks for your answers. :) I guess I'll keep considering joining the Defenders!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:15 am 
Is it definite that there will be no more Megatomes?? :( :(

I really don't like the little books. I want my Megatomes!!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:25 pm 
On April 23, 2010, Pete wrote:
addressing the two books related questions:
tarrakis: The pricing of the megatome, since I'm back to self publishing , would be Megatome1 prices. $50 a softcover and $80 a hardcover (if one is even made). Without a solid publishing deal or a clone, it might even be more expensive than that. And please feel free to wait for Megatome production sometime in the future, after I play catch-up on the single books or Something Happens.

rr423: Megatome Three, if it were made, would be composed of existing but out-of-print books 7 and 8, and existing book 9. Since I'm moving ahead with new book material instead of regrouping old, new books 10, 11 and 12 would make up Megatome 4.

That was over 18 months ago -- the last time that I'm aware of that Pete said anything about megatomes. It sounds like he hasn't abandoned the idea, but the reality is beginning to appear different? I prefer the megatomes as well, but the length of time between the last released megatome, how far behind Pete is on the development of the little books, and the complete disappearance of Books 7 and 8, not to mention itching to read the bonus stories... I dunno. I'm thinking that I'm not going to hold out? My willpower is weakening... :sam:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:46 am 
Aaaaand 7 and 8 are out. Ordered both now. :D

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat