Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:46 am 
True, I'd forgotten that.

Perhaps though, he'll have an adventure in another dimension first.

Maybe he'll meet up with Monicruel and bring her back.

KikiDee wrote:
Riff literally had the bacon gun in his right hand and the DFA return remote in his left on June 12th. Right before Dr Montgomery got clocked in the head.

We know he pocketed the bacon gun, because he used it in the following fight.

So I expect Riff actually has the return remote too.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:35 am 
KikiDee wrote:
Riff literally had the bacon gun in his right hand and the DFA return remote in his left on June 12th. Right before Dr Montgomery got clocked in the head.

We know he pocketed the bacon gun, because he used it in the following fight.

So I expect Riff actually has the return remote too.

Ohhhh! Good reminder of that!
So maybe returning is probable, but it's the where that's the question now.
Perhaps he'll return right away and Torg will be able to intercept him and pull him back to the station

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:24 pm 
swmartian wrote:
swmartian wrote:
I had a grim thought, based on me still not entirely trusting "Sasha"... She might have decided to side with Torg et al. while Schlock was still alive, given how Schlock fluxed her future out of existence. Now that Schlock is dead, she sees an opportunity to take over what is left of Hereti-Corp. She will shove Torg out of the station as planned, but in the wrong direction, and then lock him out.

PETE! What the hell? I never spec correctly! Why of all times would you let my spec be correct NOW! AAAIGH!
Please let it not be correct........

Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Haha, if she shuts the door on him, I promise I'll give you a box of tissues with your spec cookie

<Breathe> Well, he's lining up for the shot, so hopefully that means that she actually pushed him in the right direction and that I am wrong (again). In this case I'll be happy to be wrong.... Hopefully you can hang on to your tissues!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:19 pm 
I further spec that the return remote will not be immediately operational. Because as everyone has pointed out, Riff needs to go save Monicruel!!! Perhaps it's lacking a battery or something.

So further Interdimensional Wacky Hijinks will ensue before Riff can get the remote functioning again, returning himself and Monicruel back to the DoN.

(I think the only time Riff has even met Monicruel was when they were rescuing Sasha from her evil clutches? So he would at least recognise her, but they're not likely to be bestest buddies...)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:03 pm 
Possibility #1: Riff was sent (or finds his way to) wherever Monicruel went, and returns with her.

Possibility #2: Riff ends up in Timeless Space, hooks up with Calix & Co. and they help him track down Teknokon One, which he uses to get home.

Possibility #3: Riff undertakes a remarkable and unwieldy series of adventures which he is never able to satisfactorily explain, and somehow makes it back on his own. Portions of these adventures will be published in future books as side stories or even entirely on their own.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:09 am 
Apart from whatever transpires with Riff, I suspect the A.I. will attempt to takes some steps against the crew.

That may involve the Dire REA or the repair bots having a go at Torg and Kusahsa1. Potentially, she may end up sacrificing herself for Torg.

Otherwise, it may decide to 'cleanse' the station of pesky organic critters and depressurise, or at least turn off life support.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:53 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Possibility #1: Riff was sent (or finds his way to) wherever Monicruel went, and returns with her.

Possibility #2: Riff ends up in Timeless Space, hooks up with Calix & Co. and they help him track down Teknokon One, which he uses to get home.

Possibility #3: Riff undertakes a remarkable and unwieldy series of adventures which he is never able to satisfactorily explain, and somehow makes it back on his own. Portions of these adventures will be published in future books as side stories or even entirely on their own.

Possibility #4: Riff Zappo's back a minute later, immediately after getting the remote working :P

Heh, go figure

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:07 am 
I can see Schlock's (currently inert) emergency button self destruct bomb being quite useful at destroying rogue A.I.'s

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:12 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Possibility #4: Riff Zappo's back a minute later, immediately after getting the remote working :P

Heh, go figure

I know, right? I think my spec record is worse than swmartian's. :D

I also think Kiki (who has not been seen in a while) will be playing with buttons and activate Oasis.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:36 am 
You should just do what I do. Spec everything, and then you're eventually right! Like...a good 10% 3% of the time!

Today's update makes it feel like the chapter is actually wrapping up. The page is longer than I expected, and the panels have a very 'tying up loose ends' feel to them. Not discounting a possible conflict with Montgomery of course, but I feel like anything major that's going to happen next will only be as a lead-in to the next chapter, rather than an immediate problem to solve.

Where does this go next? Assuming a conveniently placed rebirth of Schlock doesn't pop up that is. There's always KZK-er-Poopypants, I suppose. But besides him, I can't really think of a potential antagonist who's on Schlock's level.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:41 pm 
Whoever's behind the cult, mostly. Or maybe we'll be seeing the Dimension of Pain again.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Whoever's behind the cult, mostly. Or maybe we'll be seeing the Dimension of Pain again.

Or the Dimension of Pain AND K'Z'K/Poopypants.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:10 am 
I think, after this arc is resolved (as much as something is ever resolved in sluggy), we'll be in for some goofy times. :-)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:54 am 
:torg: :zoe: are getting married. Bun-bun can perform the service as captain of the space-ship.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:53 pm 
migB wrote:
:torg: :zoe: are getting married. Bun-bun can perform the service as captain of the space-ship.

I now pronounce you, nerd-boy and wife. :bunbun:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat