Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Dr Blaoun
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:29 am 
Schlock's inflatable decoys have come a long way. The one he used back in the house on Gwynn was just a dummy. Later, when he appeared in inflatable form at HC, it was just a crude, balloon shaped avatar. Now his decoys are fully functioning, completely realistic copies that seemingly act semi-autonomously.

I'm not sure this means anything other than just the evolution of a concept Pete likes to play with, but it has some interesting implications. For instance, if the decoys were both independent and self-aware, you would expect them to fear their own destruction. Instead, they seem just to act as extensions of Schlock. But it doesn't really make sense that they could be just ghosting his movements as Shankraft suggested. Has he somehow found a way to project his consciousness into them?

If so, that might have Oasis implications....

Post subject: Re: Dr Blaoun
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:23 pm 
kitoba wrote:
Schlock's inflatable decoys have come a long way. The one he used back in the house on Gwynn was just a dummy. Later, when he appeared in inflatable form at HC, it was just a crude, balloon shaped avatar. Now his decoys are fully functioning, completely realistic copies that seemingly act semi-autonomously.

I'm not sure this means anything other than just the evolution of a concept Pete likes to play with, but it has some interesting implications. For instance, if the decoys were both independent and self-aware, you would expect them to fear their own destruction. Instead, they seem just to act as extensions of Schlock. But it doesn't really make sense that they could be just ghosting his movements as Shankraft suggested. Has he somehow found a way to project his consciousness into them?

If so, that might have Oasis implications....

Upon seeing the words "project his consciousness into them" all I could think of were three little words from Hell: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

End of Line.

Post subject: Re: Dr Blaoun
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:52 pm 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

THIS HURTS YOU but I will say it anyway. My impression was advanced mocap (or "performance capture") and a microphone on the real Schlock being played back (mimicked) by an inflatable robot (like the digbots) that looks like him, and has convincing movement abilities and a good speaker. Except for the inflatable part and arguably the 'convincing' part, I think this is all possible with today's real life technology, which Schlock is way ahead of.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat