Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:41 am 
Gaia wrote:
I think she is or is inhabiting the body of Sasha: maybe an improvement of Kusari over Oasis, if they're ghosts, is that Kusari needs to be summoned into a specific body, and therefore hC can choose who she comes back as. Which would mean they could use her as a mole as well as a troubleshooter, and explains the mask: presumably they wouldn't want the guys recognizing "Sasha" running around helping hC when she's supposed to be their friend.

But they, why wouldn't they have been using her to infiltrate the group already?

Well, Kusari couldn't have been Sasha at first:

But after the first Kusari was decapitated, they didn't get a new one until after the events of DDA... after Sasha left.

So it's entirely possible Sasha is the new Kusari, I guess... she wouldn't even have to appear to be in two places at once.

Points against: hC wouldn't have had the resources to capture and "convert" Sasha into Kusari at the time, and they had Kusari back long before their rise from the ashes.
Also remember, Sasha never had anything to do with hC, that was a misunderstanding on the part of Torg.

Point against the first point against: She left and then hC immediately got Kusari back.

Further points against: She left right after an hC plot almost got her and her friends killed. Why would she go to work for them? The money? I don't think they have any money... all the hC people are working at Burger Meister.
Speaking of working at Burger Meister, Kusari's still wearing her mask while she works there. This takes place "somewhere far away," so she wouldn't have to hide her identity from the Sluggy gang. if she was Sasha, she could work with the mask off, and probably avoid a lot of hassle from her boss over it.
Unless becoming Kusari is a disfiguring process...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:05 pm 
http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=061019

That is all.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:43 pm 
Gwynn crossed my mind when Kusari said "and me", it deffinately implies that we have seen her before, that she's someone who hung out with the guys, A strange horrilbe thought of Lorna (she's deffinately evil enough) came to my mind O_O but Old doc Schlock said kids I knew it must be someone younger, and someone Schlock knew of, so that for me wipes Crystal mostly out. Sasha seems unlikely because she couldn't be in two places at once but that doesn't mean she didn't become the 'replacement' Kusari.

Back to Gwynn what unnerved me is that link pasquirlio just posted. Riff called Gwynn and got the ghost. . .

Also, this made me rather nervous: http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=081201

Clearly the back one is Torg, but who's the only girl with curly hair we know? The front one looks like Gwynn.

Course i'm sure i'm wrong, if Pete's giving us this much information so fast, something mind boggleing is sure to come.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:11 pm 
It's not Gwynn, that would make Gwynn be a super-powerful witch AND a gymnastic assassin AND KZK's target AND the book of e-ville's chosen one AND Oasis's sister AND Schlock's employee AND the one who found the zombies AND Schlock's secret crush, etc etc and so on... it crosses the "too special" line, in my opinion. Besides, If Gwynn was Kusari she would have summarily disembowelled Schlock the first time he went into her shower pretending to be a blowup doll, and wouldn't be acting so deferring now that he tells him he knows who she is. And what about when Gwynn was captured and tortured/interrogated by Dr. Chen and Hereticorp? So no way it can be Gwynn IMHO.

Sasha would have been very cool aside from the sad fact that they've been seen together.

No, if it is even anybody we already know, Schlock's comment about being ashamed seems to indicate it's someone whom the gang has trusted and relied on in the past, and the only one I can think of is the bartender girl, but that would fall a bit flat.

I think it's more likely that the mask thing is either referring to something just weird under her mask (like just being all wires and circuits or trapped ghosts or something), OR that Kusari is someone from an alternate dimension (in which case it could literally be anybody, including alt-Oasis).

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:23 pm 
Good points. I just fear it'll be the last person we expect. I hope she's not Monica though, that'd make me sad, though I seriously doubt its Monica. Hmm maybe Angela but I doubt that too, she's probably still in the insane asylum.

Sasha would be to cool we haven't seen her in forever either. . . Kusari could be Sasha in theory because The Kusari that was in the same room as Sasha died and got replaced after she was decapitated in Nebraska, if she's not quite the same as Oasis maybe someone else could have become the new Kusari, though i'm not sure.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:28 pm 
Quote:
Further points against: She left right after an hC plot almost got her and her friends killed. Why would she go to work for them? The money? I don't think they have any money... all the hC people are working at Burger Meister.
I don't think hC always requires its employees to work for them willingly, and Sasha getting kidnapped the first time proves she's not exactly Xena. Two hC guys with a couple guns could manage it. The problem would be finding her.

Quote:
Points against: hC wouldn't have had the resources to capture and "convert" Sasha into Kusari at the time, and they had Kusari back long before their rise from the ashes.
Also remember, Sasha never had anything to do with hC, that was a misunderstanding on the part of Torg.

Depends how much resources it takes to 'convert' someone into Kusari. If it's a million dollars in diamonds and crude oil, probably not. If it's some guy and a 'Summoning for Dummies', (how much did it take for Riff to summon Satan into his computer?) then they would probably put finding a suitable Kusari and converting them on highest priority in case Oasis, once re-incarnated, decides to hunt them down and kill them all. But then, if it takes that little effort, why spend any time without a Kusari at all? Pick a homeless guy off the street and convert them, then kill that Kusari and get a new one as soon as you find a better vessel. Unless Kusari really objects to that.

Do we know for a fact that the Kusari we saw after DDA was brand new? It could be that hC had had that version for a while, and she'd just been out of the country or playing in her pillow fort with the phone disconnected when all that kerfuffle was going on with the giant robots and whatnot.

Quote:
Speaking of working at Burger Meister, Kusari's still wearing her mask while she works there. This takes place "somewhere far away," so she wouldn't have to hide her identity from the Sluggy gang. if she was Sasha, she could work with the mask off, and probably avoid a lot of hassle from her boss over it.
Mask fetish?

Probably I'm wrong. Probably we're all wrong and Kusari is Kiki. (OMG they start and end with the same letter THAT PROVES IT) :kiki:

Quote:
Back to Gwynn what unnerved me is that link pasquirlio just posted. Riff called Gwynn and got the ghost. . .
That is odd. The ghost called Riff's phone and Gwynn's ringtone played, so presumably when he rang it back he was ringing Gwynn's number and the ghost picked up. Maybe the fact that Gwynn is a black magic woman made it easier for the ghost to borrow her phone number than for say, Zoe, who is just an intern-slash-camel.

Quote:
Sasha would have been very cool aside from the sad fact that they've been seen together.
Except that guy said they needed a replacement Kusari. If Oasis body-hops like Mr Abrams is implying (though I realize the last five words make it very unlikely) there's no reason Kusari doesn't do the same, and hence just because Kusari wasn't Sasha then doesn't mean she can't be Sasha, or in Sasha's body, now.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:39 pm 
Going back to old-school 2006-or-so Oasis spec... Kusari could be a computerized intelligence that animates dead bodies... even though Oasis is likely not, for a while she suspected that she was and at least it's still a possibility, and if Kusari is "made in Oasis's image but improved" that could mean that she DOES possess corpses or take over other people's bodies and uses them as puppets.

Hence "I know what's under that mask": the corpse of some poor guy being used as the gymnastic assassin puppet of a computerized intelligence. "Could you *pretend* to be ashamed?" Cause he knows he's talking to a computer and computers don't feel shame! Ha! Image

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:50 pm 
I'd say it is:

Oasis - A future version or an Alternate version. Maybe Oasis ends up killing Torg by accident, she has come to stop it? Although that wouldn't make too much sense.

Gwynn - I really think it is her. Despite her and Schlock's past. He just recently became CEO, after all their encounters. So before, she couldn't kill him otherwise she would blow her cover, now, he's her boss. And he knows now.

Ofcourse, it could just be a robot. Or re-incarnated dead. Anyone we know from the past who has died who was fairly popular and could fill this role?

Oh, and a third theory - another one of Aylee's type...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:26 pm 
Maybe it's Angela? She knew the group for a while, she's in a mental hospital where HC could get here without us knowing. Maybe it's a main universe version of Mosp somehow?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:51 pm 
I always thought Mosp and Kusari looked alike!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:10 pm 
AOL: johnb821
NovemberMists wrote:
Clearly the back one is Torg, but who's the only girl with curly hair we know? The front one looks like Gwynn.

Crystal has curly hair.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:42 pm 
On the note of multiple Kusaris, I'd note that, while many things allude to it, many things also allude to the opposite, and, unless some kind of possession is involved (theres another thread where I posted such a theory that, while a short run explanation for many things (such as Kusari/Oasis' personalities and such), only further confuses things), it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. If each Kusari is a different (or, more importantly, distict) person, then what of all the foreshadowing surrounding their creation and all that jazz (I hoped this wouldn't make me archive trawl, but...). If all they are are sleeper programs or ghosts possessing new, conditioned bodies, then there's a bit of confusion surrounding Oasis' reappearances and the (probably intentional) conflicting clues about her greater nature. Clues point towards ghost now (possibly, there's no actual hand pointing in that direction, only individual fingers with a general pull in that direction), but they also point to many other things, and ghost seems to cause too much turmoil in the area...

Here's something I just posted on another thread:

Quote:
Another Pro for the Gwynn side. Immediately after Kusari first appears, we get KZK-Gwynn showing up, and Gwynn makes it clear that Gwynn making sure that her vision of Zoe will never come to pass, and that's the main thing that will stop KZK from ever destroying. Later on, in Fire And Rain, you have Kusari obsessively hunting Oasis, who is obsessively hunting Zoe, which is what the vision was alluding to... Through it is the implication that the two of them hundreds of miles from eachother anyway.

It's still a reach. A big reach. The main thing going for it is that Gwynn and Kusari have never been seen at the same time, though Kusari and Gwynn are so... wildly different, that the only way I could see Gwynn able to do this is if Kusari was a construct made somehow through the Book Of Eville, or even a split-personality, but even then that's flimsy (but looking more possible), and it could fall into the same uncertainty that, say, the end of The Long Halloween fell into (Batman storyline, feel free to ignore the comparison if you haven't read it)

At the same time, lets not forget that "those kids" could mean someone minor, someone who hasn't been introduced yet, or even someone from waaaay back. All we know for sure is that Kusari wasn't always Kusari.

Last edited by CodeBlack on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:45 pm 
jbrecken wrote:
Crystal has curly hair.

Oooo your right Crystal does have curly hair! I'll neeeever know lol

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:00 pm 
AOL: GeminiGodAlias
I hate to destroy your belief that Gwynn is really Kusari, but allow me to play a little evidence here...

These comics take place at roughly the same time, at the very beginning of Part Two of The Bug, the Witch and the Robot. Prior to this, we have known that Gwynn was making her way across the country as the puppet of K'Z'K.

If you're willing to go with the idea that Hereti-Corp controls K'Z'K, then be my guest, otherwise, Gwynn is not Kusari.

Unless Kusari is a clone/future version of Gwynn, then all bets are off.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:06 pm 
Quote:
Also remember, Sasha never had anything to do with hC

That was never conclusively demonstrated.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat