Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:33 am 
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 1800
I'm more afraid that if anyone does recognize her as Chilus' former host, the gang will lose the element of surprise. Her presence is sure to put their guard up. Heck even they thought it was Chilus, that would probably be the result.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:59 pm
Posts: 2169
Location: In "Still" waters...
Spirantz wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Is anyone else wondering when we'll find out that Torg and Zoe (and, by extension, Gwynn) have vastly underestimated this threat?

Sounds like a pretty big deal, yeah. But they have bunbun with them! And I don't think he was originally scheduled to attend, so they've got that going for them!

Lord Golbez wrote:
Probably some time after Bun-Bun leaves because he got bored, remembered Baywatch is on, or found some shiny new distraction to motivate him.

Well poop.

Anyone have any ideas on Bun-Bun's motivation for coming along?

Image

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:19 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3422
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Hey wait a minute. That maze isn't solvable! We've been had!!

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:29 am 
Offline
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:40 pm
Posts: 3393
Location: Right behind you.
So I've been pretty sure "Karen" is the ferry(wo)man, and now I'm guessing the terror is about to ratchet up a notch or two.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:59 pm 
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 1800
Smart play: torture the old guy until he lets them in. Idk if that's what they'll do, but seems like the right way to go to me.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:44 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:59 pm
Posts: 2169
Location: In "Still" waters...
I'm waiting for Torg to pants him.

Or would he just pants himself? Hmm. Perhaps that wouldn't be so productive...

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:06 pm
Posts: 30
So Stevie is a demon which make sense since his first appearance had him talking to the Old Man. They mentioned the red punch which by the conversation has gin in it. He also seems to be the one that had the invite and he bought two people. It makes me wonder who gave the kids invites.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:20 am 
Offline
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:40 pm
Posts: 3393
Location: Right behind you.
I've been wondering if the punch has some sort of "E-Z Possess" substance in it. I know that a lot of demons have to be invited or whatever, but maybe this gets around it?

And now we get to see how many more of the guests are already carriers... D:

Can Zoe do that spell through the glass?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:02 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:19 am
Posts: 290
Rasei wrote:
So Stevie is a demon which make sense since his first appearance had him talking to the Old Man. They mentioned the red punch which by the conversation has gin in it. He also seems to be the one that had the invite and he bought two people. It makes me wonder who gave the kids invites.


He DID mention that he brought "party favors". Maybe those party favors are demons. If he is the Ferryman, that would make sense.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=74#2024-06-04


In looking back at previous comics, I re-noticed that Meander had a backpack on her when going into the Oceanus. Not sure what happened to it when she got inside, as I don't see it any longer. But I wonder what she has in there. She came prepared?

On a final note, I wonder if Meander has been paying enough attention that SHE could also say the spell incantations for trapping demons in the book. And if that would work through the magic windows. Does she need to hold the book to do it? If she said the spell, could she pull the demon out of Stevie and send it through the window into the book? Curious.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:53 am 
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 1800
I tend to agree with CheeseWhisper that Karen is the more likely candidate for ferryman. She keeps bringing up the guest rooms, which I imagine is where she probably does the possessions.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:29 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:19 am
Posts: 290
I also want to put in a theory that it would be cool (well not really) if Brielle was the Ferryman. She seems shy, but likes monsters...and that shy act is just enough that people ignore her. I DO feel like she probably would have stayed near Reno, BUT...that might not have been the case the whole time.

On an overall note, it's possible that all 12 of the Ferryman's demons have possessed hosts by now, and are just waiting for the time to strike and attack the rest for sport/food/etc. Meander and the gang might have been too late to stop that. But hopefully they can free them.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:43 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 2261
kromiller wrote:
On an overall note, it's possible that all 12 of the Ferryman's demons have possessed hosts by now, and are just waiting for the time to strike and attack the rest for sport/food/etc. Meander and the gang might have been too late to stop that. But hopefully they can free them.

I think there were only 13 inside though, one of which was a last minute addition? I don't think they invited dessert.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:33 pm 
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 1800
Well, their discussion of what typically happens at Oceanus B&B leads me to believe there are typically extras who they kill. So they may invite more than they need in the first place. At any rate, since Meander's been preoccupied for a bit, I suppose it's possible that everyone left in there besides her is possessed.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 1841
Location: aboard the Fool's Folly
Didn't the old guy have the key that locked the front door? Do y'all think Our Heroes will recall that just in the nick of time? Kinda the reverse of "Things Can't Possibly Get Any Worse!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:59 pm 
Offline
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:40 pm
Posts: 3393
Location: Right behind you.
It's hard to tell, but he does appear to be turning something, if the motion lines are any indication.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: