Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:33 am 
I'm more afraid that if anyone does recognize her as Chilus' former host, the gang will lose the element of surprise. Her presence is sure to put their guard up. Heck even they thought it was Chilus, that would probably be the result.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:14 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Is anyone else wondering when we'll find out that Torg and Zoe (and, by extension, Gwynn) have vastly underestimated this threat?

Sounds like a pretty big deal, yeah. But they have bunbun with them! And I don't think he was originally scheduled to attend, so they've got that going for them!

Lord Golbez wrote:
Probably some time after Bun-Bun leaves because he got bored, remembered Baywatch is on, or found some shiny new distraction to motivate him.

Well poop.

Anyone have any ideas on Bun-Bun's motivation for coming along?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:19 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Hey wait a minute. That maze isn't solvable! We've been had!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:29 am 
So I've been pretty sure "Karen" is the ferry(wo)man, and now I'm guessing the terror is about to ratchet up a notch or two.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:59 pm 
Smart play: torture the old guy until he lets them in. Idk if that's what they'll do, but seems like the right way to go to me.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:44 pm 
I'm waiting for Torg to pants him.

Or would he just pants himself? Hmm. Perhaps that wouldn't be so productive...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:34 am 
So Stevie is a demon which make sense since his first appearance had him talking to the Old Man. They mentioned the red punch which by the conversation has gin in it. He also seems to be the one that had the invite and he bought two people. It makes me wonder who gave the kids invites.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:20 am 
I've been wondering if the punch has some sort of "E-Z Possess" substance in it. I know that a lot of demons have to be invited or whatever, but maybe this gets around it?

And now we get to see how many more of the guests are already carriers... D:

Can Zoe do that spell through the glass?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:02 pm 
Rasei wrote:
So Stevie is a demon which make sense since his first appearance had him talking to the Old Man. They mentioned the red punch which by the conversation has gin in it. He also seems to be the one that had the invite and he bought two people. It makes me wonder who gave the kids invites.

He DID mention that he brought "party favors". Maybe those party favors are demons. If he is the Ferryman, that would make sense.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=74#2024-06-04

In looking back at previous comics, I re-noticed that Meander had a backpack on her when going into the Oceanus. Not sure what happened to it when she got inside, as I don't see it any longer. But I wonder what she has in there. She came prepared?

On a final note, I wonder if Meander has been paying enough attention that SHE could also say the spell incantations for trapping demons in the book. And if that would work through the magic windows. Does she need to hold the book to do it? If she said the spell, could she pull the demon out of Stevie and send it through the window into the book? Curious.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:53 am 
I tend to agree with CheeseWhisper that Karen is the more likely candidate for ferryman. She keeps bringing up the guest rooms, which I imagine is where she probably does the possessions.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:29 am 
I also want to put in a theory that it would be cool (well not really) if Brielle was the Ferryman. She seems shy, but likes monsters...and that shy act is just enough that people ignore her. I DO feel like she probably would have stayed near Reno, BUT...that might not have been the case the whole time.

On an overall note, it's possible that all 12 of the Ferryman's demons have possessed hosts by now, and are just waiting for the time to strike and attack the rest for sport/food/etc. Meander and the gang might have been too late to stop that. But hopefully they can free them.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:43 am 
kromiller wrote:
On an overall note, it's possible that all 12 of the Ferryman's demons have possessed hosts by now, and are just waiting for the time to strike and attack the rest for sport/food/etc. Meander and the gang might have been too late to stop that. But hopefully they can free them.

I think there were only 13 inside though, one of which was a last minute addition? I don't think they invited dessert.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:33 pm 
Well, their discussion of what typically happens at Oceanus B&B leads me to believe there are typically extras who they kill. So they may invite more than they need in the first place. At any rate, since Meander's been preoccupied for a bit, I suppose it's possible that everyone left in there besides her is possessed.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:07 pm 
Didn't the old guy have the key that locked the front door? Do y'all think Our Heroes will recall that just in the nick of time? Kinda the reverse of "Things Can't Possibly Get Any Worse!"

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:59 pm 
It's hard to tell, but he does appear to be turning something, if the motion lines are any indication.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat