Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:30 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
(...)
Another strong one I recall being thrown around is Allie Bookbinder's son. Both he and his mother "died" offscreen in very vague terms
(...)

I think that one can be ruled out as it would mean Ozzid would serve him.

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:01 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
(...)
Another strong one I recall being thrown around is Allie Bookbinder's son. Both he and his mother "died" offscreen in very vague terms
(...)

Do the undead have souls? I don't think that Yffi would be Allie's son - she thought very little of her son and it is doubtful that she would save him or vice-versa. Allie hinted that she may do something to make herself immortal, but if that immortality is as a vampire - no soul, no blood - would Ozzid be tied to her or her prodigy anymore?

I was one that postulated that Allie still exists. Mainly because Pete tends to be deliberate, and that seems like an odd declaration to throw out there if he was not going to follow through with it. On the other hand, given that she was dead by the next comic, he could have just been pointing out the hyperbole of her arrogance.

The one thing that makes me think that she died a natural death, is that the Book of E-ville has gone unguarded for so long. If she still existed in any form why wouldn't she have been guarding it as she did in life?

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2023 6:00 pm 
What is that thing next to the statue of Soco Head On A Stick?

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:50 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
(Vrykolakas were explained to have come from Greece so that tracks, although I don't recall any reference to which vamp type was "first").

Vorpyr, apparently, though the others don't seem to be descended from them. https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2015-11-18

I wish I could find the bit about the first vampire king too, whatever it actually said. The archives could benefit from being able to browse a list of stories as well as chapters.

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 3:19 pm 
I have had a fan theory for years that Chaz's orginal master is an alternative version of Horribus. The color scheme of the Master and the dimension of Pain look alike from what I remember.

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:37 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:

Good question. As near as I can tell, no one asked about it in either Reactions or here at the time the comic was posted.
Siphaniana Liberliganus wrote:
I actually think my grandmother Alligia had this tribute commissioned in case of her sudden death.

Allie's commissioning of the statue explains the disdain for her offspring apparent in the sculpture. Based on that assumption, and the writing on the sculpture itself, I would guess the "thing" next to "Soco Head On a Stick" is a representation of "That Floozy he Shacked up With."

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:05 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
CheeseWhisper wrote:

swmartian wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:

Good question. As near as I can tell, no one asked about it in either Reactions or here at the time the comic was posted.
(...)

It's "That Floozy he shacked up with".

VVK wrote:
Vorpyr, apparently, though the others don't seem to be descended from them. https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2015-11-18

I wish I could find the bit about the first vampire king too, whatever it actually said. The archives could benefit from being able to browse a list of stories as well as chapters.

You mean this? they name him Drakku in the comic, but not much is said about him anyway:

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:57 am 
swmartian wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
(...)
(...)

Do the undead have souls? I don't think that Yffi would be Allie's son - she thought very little of her son and it is doubtful that she would save him or vice-versa. Allie hinted that she may do something to make herself immortal, but if that immortality is as a vampire - no soul, no blood - would Ozzid be tied to her or her prodigy anymore?

I was one that postulated that Allie still exists. Mainly because Pete tends to be deliberate, and that seems like an odd declaration to throw out there if he was not going to follow through with it. On the other hand, given that she was dead by the next comic, he could have just been pointing out the hyperbole of her arrogance.

The one thing that makes me think that she died a natural death, is that the Book of E-ville has gone unguarded for so long. If she still existed in any form why wouldn't she have been guarding it as she did in life?

Ahh thanks, that was the comic I was trying to think of. One of the big reasons I latched onto her supposed death involving vampirism is the strong historical link between vampires and the plague. Curing illness, blood letting, and hunting evil phantasms were all sorta overlapping professions once. But it really solidified into the mythology in the film Nosferatu when Orlock moves into Wisborg, decimates the population, and the deaths are mistaken for the plague. But to put a finer point on it, the Strakoi all wear plague doctor masks.

However it makes more sense for Allie to have become a Vrykolakas, not just because of the region she lived in, but because they are so much more fragile. It's the kind of arrogant mistake she would make - looking for any method of immortality, consequences be damned. That would also explain why she never returned for the book. Can't return for anything if you're dust.

In any case, 30 years is a big time jump and anything could've happened, up to and including a minor vampire war in the shadows of Rome. The question is...does this chapter need ANOTHER suite of historical flashbacks? The strongest argument against this theory is that maybe it's just a little too much for one damn chapter

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:39 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
(...)
The question is...does this chapter need ANOTHER suite of historical flashbacks? The strongest argument against this theory is that maybe it's just a little too much for one damn chapter

The more the merrier...

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:30 pm 
Biscuit (from Reactions) wrote:
... And the CLAOWS ensure the meddlesome Storm-Breaker is not a player this time!

I still believe that she will be. Zoë in danger will cause Gwynn to react instinctively.
Basphomy wrote:
You'll remember when the time is right.

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2023 8:47 am 
swmartian wrote:
Basphomy wrote:
You'll remember when the time is right.

I'm just wondering why the time still isn't right. Maybe she needs to reassemble some part of the Book?

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:58 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
I'm just wondering why the time still isn't right. Maybe she needs to reassemble some part of the Book?

"Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes"
"You only have one shot -- make it count"
"other cliche line for dramatic last minute resolve"

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:22 pm 
*knowing wink and thumbs-up gesture to indicate that I'm now picking up what you're putting down*

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:31 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
(...)
The question is...does this chapter need ANOTHER suite of historical flashbacks? The strongest argument against this theory is that maybe it's just a little too much for one damn chapter

The more the merrier...

Now I'm thinking of all the characters who could give us their own personalized multi-millennial flashbacks. Chaz, Yffi, Bun Bun, Satin...

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:45 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
(...)

The more the merrier...

Now I'm thinking of all the characters who could give us their own personalized multi-millennial flashbacks. Chaz, Yffi, Bun Bun, Satin...

I wonder if this is the chapter where Bun-Bun gets his memories back. Pete's been hinting for years that something traumatic happened to him when he was young, and I think that it had to have happened in the previous Spark. It's possible it was tied to KZK and maybe seeing him in his true form for apparently the first time ever since joining the gang will trigger something.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat