Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:54 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Interesting question. Does Timeless Space exist as one between the dimensions -- and if so, are there multiple creator/destroyer pairs, or are they universal as well?

When Old DoR Riff was expositing to DoN Riff, didn't he explain that every dimension has its own "buffer" of Timeless Space? And the reason DoR was a Crapsack World of near-constant rain was because their Timeless Space had been shattered?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:30 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Interesting question. Does Timeless Space exist as one between the dimensions -- and if so, are there multiple creator/destroyer pairs, or are they universal as well?

When Old DoR Riff was expositing to DoN Riff, didn't he explain that every dimension has its own "buffer" of Timeless Space? And the reason DoR was a Crapsack World of near-constant rain was because their Timeless Space had been shattered?

That actually sounds about right. It's been a loooong time since timeless space and DoR. So the oceans unmoving were leaking into their dimension... I'm surprised the place wasn't flooded (or rather that the universe wasn't full of water).

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:07 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
maslego wrote:
I think it's been said that you can't destroy KZK without destroying reality but what if you banished him to Timeless Space, would that work?

Pretty sure the Never is twice removed from Timeless Space and he still escaped.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:50 pm 
Does anyone else have a feeling that the Strakoi have a different intention for this ritual than the others think they do?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:01 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Does anyone else have a feeling that the Strakoi have a different intention for this ritual than the others think they do?

It’d be really boring if pete just did another “hey the bug is released again” plot. Definitely about to see a huge plot shift with them at (or near) the center.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:53 am 
swmartian wrote:

Yes, because:

1. Yffi created the Strakoi (heavily implied in the flashbacks if not outright stated). Their participation in this ritual is unlikely to be coincidental in light of that.

2. If Yffi simply wanted to release the bug, he could have already done so.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:23 am 
swmartian wrote:

I think everyone involved in the ritual has a different intention than the others think they do. Except maybe Wilcott.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:00 am 
I know it is implied that Yffi is involved with the vamps, but where do we find that in the strips? (Did I answer that in my next thought, or is there more?)

ALSO: I missed it the first time, but the one Strakoi has THREE eye lights, sitting to the left of Shadefazier Cantiere here: (https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2022-11-02)
and what do we know about him?
Why are his eyelights crosses/plus signs - just fancy goggles or something more?)
Anyways, THREE eyelights… seems… yffi, no?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:16 pm 
superhunnybear wrote:
I know it is implied that Yffi is involved with the vamps, but where do we find that in the strips? (Did I answer that in my next thought, or is there more?)

ALSO: I missed it the first time, but the one Strakoi has THREE eye lights, sitting to the left of Shadefazier Cantiere here: (https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2022-11-02)
and what do we know about him?
Why are his eyelights crosses/plus signs - just fancy goggles or something more?)
Anyways, THREE eyelights… seems… yffi, no?

I didn't notice that before! But he shows up in today's comic as well.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2023-03-28

I definitely think something is up with him having three eyes.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:47 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
swmartian wrote:

I think everyone involved in the ritual has a different intention than the others think they do. Except maybe Wilcott.

Chilus certainly does. I think she's still following the same idea she had in her first encounter with Skip.

"Maybe the Bug that destroys it all is me. In His name, of course."

That explains why it was so important for Lacey to get the Book after Poopy was trapped in it once again, back in the ruins of Mokhadun. Chilus doesn't want to release the Bug. She wants to make sure he stays imprisoned so that she can run her own game.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:51 am 
This has me worried.

As I read it, it seems like the "Funnel" has 3 sections.
1. Fuel. This is the demons in this case.
2. Focal point. This was the Strakoi servant.
3. Target. This is the book.

Normally, I'd expect the power from the fuel to go into the focal point, where it is utilized to do something to the target.

But without a spellcaster in the focal point, the power will hit the Book of E-Ville directly.

Reason why this has me worried is, that pretty much nobody, Strakoi included, would want to release the Bug as plan A. So whatever the Strakoi servant was to cast, it probably wasn't a spell to release the Bug.

I mean, you don't even need to have a lot of demons to summon the end-demon, you can easily do it from your living room, as has Riff demonstrated in https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?book=1#1997-09-21 .

And I have no idea what will happen if a huge amount of raw power hits the book of E-Ville.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:19 pm 
Mathel wrote:
And I have no idea what will happen if a huge amount of raw power hits the book of E-Ville.

1) The power goes to the Bug, freeing him. End of line.
2) The power goes to Farahn, and he gets freed, leaving the Bug trapped. Chaos and/or hilarity ensue.
3) Gwynn does something from within the Book to draw the power to her, and she finally gets to be the hero for once.
- 3a) The power gets channeled to all three remaining "books" (Siph, Kira.and Gwynn), leading to a battle between Kira and Gwynn with Siph as the turning point.

Either way, I don't think Wilcott is going to survive this.

Last edited by Thom Solo on Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:59 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Mathel wrote:

2) The power goes to Farahn, and he gets freed, leaving the Bug trapped. Chaos and/or hilarity ensue.
3) Gwynn does something from within the Book to draw the power to her, and she finally gets to be the hero for once.
- 3a) The power gets channeled to all three remaining "books" (Siph, Lora.and Gwynn), leading to a battle between Kira and Gwynn with Siph as the turning point.

Siph and Lora? Who is Lora?
If you mean the three "heart books", those are gone now. All of them have been expelled from the book of E-Ville. Siph and Edda both were destroyed and are gone. Only Kira remains. And she CERTAINLY isn't doing what Gwynn asked her to do. Bad Kira.

I honestly don't know what happens without the Envoy there, but I hope it's something that Gwynn can use.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:51 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Mathel wrote:

- 3a) The power gets channeled to all three remaining "books" (Siph, Lora.and Gwynn), leading to a battle between Kira and Gwynn with Siph as the turning point.

Gwynn has the power to put Farahn and The Bug back - IF she can remember how. Whether that move will provide her with any power remains to be seen. If the Bug AND Farahn are released, she should inherit the Book's power, so it is possible. She also has the power to escape the Book. But if the spark doesn't end, I wonder if that would permanently leave her on the moon?

I think we're just about to find out - the question is what happens in the meantime?

Oh! And the Strawman remains in the wind - for now. Will he unexpectedly blow back in any time soon?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:20 am 
Mathel wrote:

I mean, you don't even need to have a lot of demons to summon the end-demon, you can easily do it from your living room, as has Riff demonstrated in https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?book=1#1997-09-21 .

Good point, I don't exactly remember why it was so easy for Riff when it takes so much effort for the Cult(s) (or the Cult and the Release). It can't be that Riff is part of a direct line leading back to Symachus, as Wilcot is also part of that line. However, weren't Riff's eye problems related to Symachus's curse? Do you think Riff might be manifesting more of the powers coming from the lineage than his father? (Unless I am completely off and he takes after Symachus through Lorna, which would be awesome - I don't remember if it was stated that Riff is a descentant of Symachus through his father's line).

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat