Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:37 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
I think we can all agree that today’s source of innocent blood is much better than a pre-planned flask of innocent blood.

Agreed! I also think it's likely that a flask would lose its potency over time.

Nothing beats freshly squeezed!

(Edit: or sliced! :bunbun:)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:44 am 
This thread has hit 100 pages!!

Just here to throw this out there: Meander is using the magic funnel, to be powered by the death of dozens of demons ... to break the Strakhoi prohibition of setting foot in the Western Hemisphere. That's why they sent the 'Conduit' and his goons to help.

Poopy-Pants is just an excuse to get the demons to power the spell breaking. Meander is going to get something in return other than the end of all existence.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:42 am 
Biscuit wrote:
This thread has hit 100 pages!!

Just here to throw this out there: Meander is using the magic funnel, to be powered by the death of dozens of demons ... to break the Strakhoi prohibition of setting foot in the Western Hemisphere. That's why they sent the 'Conduit' and his goons to help.

Poopy-Pants is just an excuse to get the demons to power the spell breaking. Meander is going to get something in return other than the end of all existence.

It would seem this could be true, but the effect on the envoy is probably a (useful) side effect that Lady Tomb might be using as a bait or as an exchange for help from the Strakoi. That's why she calls him a conduit.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2022-09-28

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:37 pm 
Doing a re-read of the comic and does anyone else ever expect Riff's stepbrother to show up again?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:24 pm 
Biscuit wrote:

This may be true and would explain the incentive for the Strakoi, but given the flashbacks with Yffi, I also think it's likely that this is what the Strakoi were literally made to do.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:09 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I think Frog will die. Not necessarily in THIS storyline, but I think Pete introduced him to the gang so he can be killed later.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:56 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Frog is too funny for Pete to consider killing him. It's like Bert... Nevermind.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:59 pm 
Biscuit wrote:
Oh, Kiki - and I think Sam is the only flying one left on the side of Team Torg! So them getting the book back is unlikely.

But Aylee can still jump quite high... The question is whether or not she can control her jumps enough to snag it back.

CarerCoCoa wrote:
So a type of animal notorious for stashing things gets possessed by a Demon that has a history of stashing books. What could possibly happen next?

Four possibilities:
1. Kiki/Ozzid fly a few feet and start digging with the intent to stash it.
2. Ozzid knows that Siphy II's soul is in that page back by the sinkhole, still feels bound to her, and tries to return the Book there.
3. Kiki gets them distracted by some pastry shop nearby...
4. Ozzid is under the (local) demon spell and that pull is stronger than Siphy II's (nonlocal) pull. He gives the Book back to Tombsy and the gang is back to square 0.

Let's hope it is one of the first three (or a possibility that I didn't even think of...), or that Aylee or Sam can get it back.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:20 am 
5. Kiki will need to poop and they drop the book with the droppings behind a couch on the way to Egypt.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:54 am 
I like Choice 1 or 2 myself

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:46 pm 
swmartian wrote:
4. Ozzid is under the (local) demon spell and that pull is stronger than Siphy II's (nonlocal) pull. He gives the Book back to Tombsy and the gang is back to square 0.

My fear is that Gwynn's interference may have similar repercussions. Yes, Kira might be interested in dominating Farahn any which way she can, but her (fatal) attraction to Wilcott will always be dominant. Releasing her could be another way that the Book will end up in Wilcott's hand...

The last time the gang went up against Wilcott, the mercenary (Strawman) ended up pushing the odds just enough in their favor.... I wonder what the Strawman's been up to?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:21 pm 
I'm assuming we'll get a worst-case or near-worst-case scenario.

Because exciting storytelling, sprinkled with Pete's unexpected randomness, for the win.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:41 pm 
I'm not saying Frog won't die, but I kind of feel like he's dramatically safe at this point. What do I mean by that? Well, he's too important to kill off casually, but he's also too inconsequential to kill off momentously. How do you strike the right tone for killing off a character like that? Best just to leave them be. He could have been killed off casually soon after joining hC, much in the same way Gennaro was. He could probably have been killed of momentously during the last Schlock arc. Now though? Either way would probably fail to hit right. Do it too casually, and it will seem like a poor send off to a character who's been present in the comic for so long. Do it with gravitas and it will probably come across as a cheap way of avoiding killing a more important character.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:34 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
I'm not saying Frog won't die, but I kind of feel like he's dramatically safe at this point. What do I mean by that? Well, he's too important to kill off casually, but he's also too inconsequential to kill off momentously. How do you strike the right tone for killing off a character like that? Best just to leave them be. He could have been killed off casually soon after joining hC, much in the same way Gennaro was. He could probably have been killed of momentously during the last Schlock arc. Now though? Either way would probably fail to hit right. Do it too casually, and it will seem like a poor send off to a character who's been present in the comic for so long. Do it with gravitas and it will probably come across as a cheap way of avoiding killing a more important character.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:43 am 
In today's Valentine's Day comic, I do not think that Riff is going to shoot Kiki. I think it's a feint on Pete's part.. either that is not the sight of a gun, or Riff is going to try to shoot the book rather than Kiki herself.
Unless that's timed right, it'll cost more problems than it solves.

I suppose another option is that it is a gun but does not have bullets. Instead, perhaps it has sticky goo or a net that will catch Kiki/Ozzid.

As a side note, I really wish Pete would go back to at least two comics a week. It's hard to keep up the tension and suspense when you have to wait a whole week...

Last edited by randomlanguage on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat