Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:55 am 
I'd like to refer to the adaption process as a slow digestion of the demon, in this case :aylee:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:22 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
I'd like to refer to the adaption process as a slow digestion of the demon, in this case :aylee:

I'll vote for that! LOL

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:08 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I was leaning in this direction already, but the update with Lacey's POV really cements it for me: Sharon knows what's up. I just don't buy that she's nothing more than a slightly adept amateur. She prepped for this meetup, knew to stay away until the coast was clear, knew to play dumb in case a demon is hiding among them.

Very strong chances that Sharon is either going to - or low-key already has - saved Riff's ass from Aylee/Lacey's planned murder.

I was right about Sharon! Did not expect Torg to have clocked Aylee being demon possessed though. He's just...SO easy to underestimate

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:12 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

I was right about Sharon! Did not expect Torg to have clocked Aylee being demon possessed though. He's just...SO easy to underestimate

Right! Even after so many real-life years and so many adventures, we know he is capable but in those moments, it is a lot easier to believe what we think we see.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:29 am 
So my theory is this:
Aylee we see here is just a remotely controlled avatar. Her body analyzed how Oasis and Kuraris work, and imitated it. Her real body right now is massive and instinctively eating it's way to Earth's core. She herself do not even know it.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:17 am 
VcSaJen wrote:
So my theory is this:
Aylee we see here is just a remotely controlled avatar. Her body analyzed how Oasis and Kuraris work, and imitated it. Her real body right now is massive and instinctively eating it's way to Earth's core. She herself do not even know it.

I don't think that is possible.
Specifically, I do not think Oasis and Kusari could be demon possessed because their souls do not reside in their bodies. Or, if the bodies did get possessed, it would do nothing because the body is remote-controlled.

I think the same would apply to a remote-controlled shell of Aylee, if she was working on the same principle.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:12 pm 
But do you think K'Z'K could make deadels out of killed Oasis and Kusari bodies?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:58 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
But do you think K'Z'K could make deadels out of killed Oasis and Kusari bodies?

Maybe? Deadles still seem to retain their memories, so I am not completely sure.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:24 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:

I don't know. We've had some information on how demonic possession works, but I do not remember enough about how deadels were made.

My guess is that it is more probable than them getting possessed while alive.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:21 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Mathel wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

I don't know. We've had some information on how demonic possession works, but I do not remember enough about how deadels were made.

My guess is that it is more probable than them getting possessed while alive.

K'Z'K can basically animate any dead corpses ever AND access their memories. They don't need to have been possessed previously.

My guess would be that he could animated the corpses of the dead Oasis and Kuzari bodies, but not access their memories.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:49 pm 
Probably. I mean it makes sense. Their memories would be stored in their satellite AI minds. However, it's hard to rule out that some facet of the biological process of forming memories remains. In that case, it's plausible he could access memories of events experienced by the particular Oasis/Kusari body used to make a deadel.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:04 am 
It's also worth noting that, according to Dr. Montgomery, what actually create their consciousness is the connection itself between the machine and the organic.

But does K'Z'K need the consciousness, or just the memories stored in the organic brain?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:25 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Probably. I mean it makes sense. Their memories would be stored in their satellite AI minds. However, it's hard to rule out that some facet of the biological process of forming memories remains. In that case, it's plausible he could access memories of events experienced by the particular Oasis/Kusari body used to make a deadel.

I wonder if a scenario where Lord Poopypants uses Oasis and Kusari bodies as deadels, couldn't be another way in which the Great Tangle (or a Great Tangle) could happen.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:22 pm 
ong wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

I wonder if a scenario where Lord Poopypants uses Oasis and Kusari bodies as deadels, couldn't be another way in which the Great Tangle (or a Great Tangle) could happen.

I wouldn't mind that as a side-story that had no impact on the story. Too convoluted otherwise.

Like a literal Halloween story that's just being told by character for fun. 100% fake but entertaining.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:21 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
ong wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

I wouldn't mind that as a side-story that had no impact on the story. Too convoluted otherwise.

Like a literal Halloween story that's just being told by character for fun. 100% fake but entertaining.

Torg telling this to Kiki as a bedtime story and Kiki shouting "Stay good Oasis!"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat