Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:16 pm 
So, I had remembered that Chilius' demons were going to be sacrificed. I figured that is why she told them to stay seated. And when they tried to get up and couldn't escape the bleachers, I figured that a ward had been put in place to keep them there for sacrificing. That might be the case. OR, it could be that Riff showed up covertly and cast the spell that Sharon taught him, to trap the demons there, hoping to keep them from joining the rest. That's my thought.

As for Lacey looking sad, she WANTS her demon back. She is just a normal human right now and feels very exposed and vulnerable. And now that she is being attacked by vampires, she is freaking out about that. I am not sure that Lacey-demon can actually feel her concern and come for her. And I think we are already past that point. Riff started driving hours ago, I feel.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:37 pm 
Bolger wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
Biscuit wrote:
Is she the source of the force bubble around the bleachers??

I have mentioned this before, but it was always part of Lady Tomb's plan to sacrifice demons and Meander was on with that plan, even if coerced into it.

Lady Tomb and Chilus set up the tall demons as patsies.

My spec is that the Envoy / remote Strakoi magic created the wall.

If you go back a few comics to when the bleachers were just introduced, those magic glyphs were already on it -- just not activated yet. That was before the Envoy showed up. There was a similar barrier around the cabin, too.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:55 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
swmartian wrote:
(...)

When we first met Chilus (http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20050814) she appeared to indicate that she is essentially a rival to K'Z'K. (...)

Reminder that Lady tomb was actually behind both the Cult and the Release, allegedly (according to Wilcott, at least) to keep the factions warring against each others "while we mortals pulled the string", but I have the feeling Lady Tomb isn't short yet of a few more treacherous moves.

And just in case, a bit more context of what the Cult and the Release were supposed to be, before that revelation:

And while I am at it, here is the moment it was revealed that the leader of the Cult was human. Tombsy's take over the different factions of K'Z'K is not a recent thing:
(as well as a further confirmation that Wilcott is quite the trustworthy fellow)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:44 pm 
Thank you, GUIGUI for reminding us of the threads in play and their interaction. But now I'm confused. In that first comic you posted, Wilcott is talking to a woman, according to Skip and himself. I assumed that was Lady Tomb. There is at least one other possibility, but no apparent reason to bring her into it for now...

However, in the last comic you included in the same post, Chilus refers to her mortal leader as a male, or at least as "he". That comic would have occurred after the original Tombsy had been killed. I cannot think of a male character we have been introduced to so far that would fit "mortal" and "cult leader". I am also wondering what kind of cult leader would have allowed Wilcott to keep Chilus imprisoned all this while...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:08 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
swmartian wrote:
Thank you, GUIGUI for reminding us of the threads in play and their interaction. But now I'm confused. In that first comic you posted, Wilcott is talking to a woman, according to Skip and himself. I assumed that was Lady Tomb. There is at least one other possibility, but no apparent reason to bring her into it for now...

However, in the last comic you included in the same post, Chilus refers to her mortal leader as a male, or at least as "he". That comic would have occurred after the original Tombsy had been killed. I cannot think of a male character we have been introduced to so far that would fit "mortal" and "cult leader". I am also wondering what kind of cult leader would have allowed Wilcott to keep Chilus imprisoned all this while...

The comics I posted are not in chronological order, I just added them for additional context.
I even added
Quote:
And just in case, a bit more context of what the Cult and the Release were supposed to be, before that revelation

The first two strip take place AFTER the comic of Chilus talking about that mortal. It's where it's revealed the Mortal leader of the Cult is a woman (and being Tombsy)

and by the way, that Cult leader is 100% confirmed to be Tombsy:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:26 pm 
Still from that first discussion of the cult two things seem apparent. 1. The cult was originally created by Chilus and 2. It's been around likely too long for Lady Tomb to have been running it the entire time.

At some point in time in some way Lady Tomb must have wrested control of the cult from Chilus. The other possibility is that it was always run by a mortal and she inherited the cult from her father. There's some possibilty there, but given that first conversation with skip, Chilus must have at least played a substantial role in the cult's creation. Also, I think the cult would have existed before Wilden found the book, which implies some feigned ignorance on Tombsy's part if he was already running an end demon cult.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:58 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Still from that first discussion of the cult two things seem apparent. 1. The cult was originally created by Chilus and 2. It's been around likely too long for Lady Tomb to have been running it the entire time. (...)

Well, the Cult is actually fairly recent, but 50 years old "recent", so Lady Tomb might indeed not have been at the helm since the beginning.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:16 am 
Idk exactly how old Lady Tomb is. I'm not saying I don't think she's over 50, but 50 years ago at the time of 28 geeks later? She'd have to be as precocious as Meander to say the least. I'm not saying it's super long ago, but that's what I meant.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:36 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
and by the way, that Cult leader is 100% confirmed to be Tombsy: <snip>

No, I knew that. That is why I am confused.

At the site of the attempted release, prior to the revelation that the mortal leader is Lady Tomb, Meander refers to the mortal leader as "he," with Wilcott apparently agreeing when Wilcott refers to the mortal leader as "him" in the following panel.

Perhaps you addressed my confusion when you added:
GUIGUI wrote:
(as well as a further confirmation that Wilcott is quite the trustworthy fellow)

But I find it odd that Meander knew that the leader of the cult she (apparently) founded is mortal, but does not know their gender, or why Wilcott thought it important to pretend the leader was male. Roughly 50% of the world is female - revealing the gender was not likely to reveal the identity.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:13 pm 
So with today's comic, my spec that we would get Aylee back when Lacey rescues her normal host appears to be toast. But apparently that outcome might depend on what Agent N'aaaw does. My guess is that she will be distracted either by stopping to snack on Gurk, or will change her focus back to Zoë, either way leaving Lacey/Aylee to return The Book.

I am still curious about the emotions expressed. Was Lacey's host sad because she felt "empty" without Lacey, or had she become an unwilling host and did not want to be there at all? I agree with those that hypothesized that demons probably would not have human-like emotional bonds with their host, yet Aylee looks 'sad' that she is unable to rescue her host because of a higher priority obligation. Is the binding truly just contractual to the demon? Is there an emotional bond after all? Or would Lacey simply miss the status quo?

Ozzid was bound to Quintus and his bloodline - until it ended. The binding was like a contract, or indentured servitude, likely enforced by magic. What happens when two are willingly joined? Apparently, mortals are able to divorce and eject their demon occupier. And yet, with a magic incantation, Skip was able to occupy an unwilling host and transform him completely. Lacey apparently befriended Aylee while the gang was gone. Did she trick her into saying that magic incantation or did she brainwash Aylee into joining? Surely Aylee knows what's going on (to a point), and surely she would eject Lacey if she wasn't brainwashed or tricked. Something tells me that Kiki is going to save the day in this regard, but I have not yet figured out how (just imagining her reverting to her original catchphrase, "Stay good!")

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:34 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Something tells me that Kiki is going to save the day in this regard, but I have not yet figured out how (just imagining her reverting to her original catchphrase, "Stay good!")

Her friends are there. If Aylee made it, Riff could also be around... and any/all of them might come into harm's way before it's over. Who knows what heroics that might drive Kiki to in order to save them?

Personal spec - the next comic with AyLacey and N'awww bearing down on Gurk will feature an a laser cannon blast from off-screen, blowing a hole in N'awww (but not killing her) before Riff enters the scene.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:41 pm 
There's a small possibility that was Aylee not Lacey saying sorry to Lacey's former host. Pete probably skipped over what happened in the car for a reason. It creates tension but also allows for a later reveal. Perhaps Lacey attempted to kill Riff and was exorcised. The main reason I think this is unlikely is it feels like things were going a little too much the gang's way and a Lacey possessed Aylee throwing a monkey wrench in things seems like a more plausible trajectory for the plot.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:15 am 
swmartian wrote:
(...)
But I find it odd that Meander knew that the leader of the cult she (apparently) founded is mortal, but does not know their gender, or why Wilcott thought it important to pretend the leader was male. Roughly 50% of the world is female - revealing the gender was not likely to reveal the identity.

Apparently, it was part of the charade to further conceal the true identity of Lady Tombs. Skip himself also believed the leader of the cult to be male:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:59 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Spec: Aylee is either going to be perma-killed or become a villain of her own free will.

From a storytelling point of view, I'd really like to see that! I wonder how many regular viewers Pete would lose if he tried that though, haa.

I guess I would also be somewhat satisfied if Aylee proved to be superior to the demons, having the demons think they were in control, when in reality they were actually not and Aylee was actually using the possession to spy on them, then expelled Lacey when convenient.

Still spec though.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:57 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Spec: Aylee is either going to be perma-killed or become a villain of her own free will.

From a storytelling point of view, I'd really like to see that! I wonder how many regular viewers Pete would lose if he tried that though, haa.

I guess I would also be somewhat satisfied if Aylee proved to be superior to the demons, having the demons think they were in control, when in reality they were actually not and Aylee was actually using the possession to spy on them, then expelled Lacey when convenient.

Still spec though.

Reminder that, with the Kesandru House incident, Aylee's body became part of a construct able to trap souls. With her ability to adapt, she might have been able to do the same with demons, if given the opportunity. We also know tat her species can transfer "life energy".

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat