Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:34 am 
ong wrote:
Here's your 20 internet bucks! Actually because of inflation, here's 3, because that's definitely how inflation works.

Merci! I will donate this to the Sam+N'aaaaw shipping fund. It's gonna be messy, but you'll all go [N]aaaaaaawwww <3 when they finally get together!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:01 am 
Urja has proven herself more capable than I expected before, both against Vistuvius and Kusari, but I do think this may be the end of the line for her going toe to toe against Lady Tomb.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:52 am 
That's Lacey's previous host calling out to Lacey, who is currently in Aylee. If they've got some sort of mental link, then that's what will save Riff from the reckless driving encouragement. Alyee knows Riff is the best vampire killer in the region so it would be in their best interest to lead them safely to the ritual now.

Still waiting to see what Sharon's role will be. Or shall this be the third time she's been peripherally involved in a situation with the gang without contributing?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:28 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
That's Lacey's previous host calling out to Lacey, who is currently in Aylee. If they've got some sort of mental link, then that's what will save Riff from the reckless driving encouragement. Alyee knows Riff is the best vampire killer in the region so it would be in their best interest to lead them safely to the ritual now.

I have been noticing that before the vamps showed up, Lacey's host looked particularly downcast. The question is why? Is she a reluctant human host that does not want anything to do with what's going on? Or do she and Lacey share a special bond and she's missing Lacey? If the latter, does that bond go two ways? So my spec is that Riff and Aylee will show up right about now. Lacey will see her host in trouble and will switch back to her in order to save her. That will free Aylee to be Aylee and to do what Aylee usually does: tuck her hurt feelings away and help save the gang. If I am correct (long shot), then it would be interesting to discover whether Aylee retains her super stretchiness, or whether that ability is demon-based. Wouldn't it be amusing if Kiki breaks from her bond with Ozzid - for whatever reason - and ends up teaching Aylee how to prevent Lacey from coming back.
Secondary spec: Hmm. Perhaps Kiki - because of her bond with Ozzid - will identify Lacey and expose her (that's if my primary spec proves incorrect). After all, Kiki should get her chance to save the day for once!

More future spec (and this spec can apply regardless of how Aylee frees herself of Lacey; i.e., even if I'm wrong, as always): Aylee and Gwynn had become close and Aylee will be particularly broken up to have lost her (essentially). Likewise, Zoë and Gwynn have always been BFFs through everything. Zoë and Aylee will bond over their mutual loss and that bond will help Aylee heal her hurt feelings and move forward.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:05 pm 
I suspect that Lacey, being a demon and all, does not share the attachment that her human host does and would probably prefer Aylee for the power advantage. That might not be true though. N'aaaw certainly seems capable of forming attachments of a sort, although not necessarily strong enough to combat her hunger.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:10 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
It's also possible that there might be some level of Stockholm Syndrome and dependency created.

Wouldn't be surprised if, aside from demons, she has no one she can rely on for support.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:50 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
It's also possible that there might be some level of Stockholm Syndrome and dependency created.

Wouldn't be surprised if, aside from demons, she has no one she can rely on for support.

If she opted to leave somehow....she knows too much at this point.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:17 am 
I wonder if Sam, Sylvia, and Pierre have managed to create any more Vorpyr over the past couple years. They could come in handy now.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:41 am 
After the 11/30/22 comic, I realized Meander has been acting odd. Did Torg get to her? Is that why in the 11/22 strip she kept the bleachers from joining in? Has she decided against letting Poopy Pants end this spark?

Is she the source of the force bubble around the bleachers??

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:00 am 
Biscuit wrote:
After the 11/30/22 comic, I realized Meander has been acting odd. Did Torg get to her? Is that why in the 11/22 strip she kept the bleachers from joining in? Has she decided against letting Poopy Pants end this spark?

That could be it. I'm wondering if her mortal self realizes that it might not survive this extinction, spark-ending event.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:48 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Biscuit wrote:

I have mentioned this before, but it was always part of Lady Tomb's plan to sacrifice demons and Meander was on with that plan, even if coerced into it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:30 pm 
Chilus has always been a little on the fence about letting K'Z'K end the spark (it's why she kept Zoe alive), but in this particular case it seems to be Chilus facilitating Tomb's plan (willingly or not).

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:56 pm 
Spec: Aylee is either going to be perma-killed or become a villain of her own free will.

From a storytelling point of view, I'd really like to see that! I wonder how many regular viewers Pete would lose if he tried that though, haa.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:44 pm 
Even before GUIGUI reminded us that Lady Tomb had always intended to use the demons as a sacrifice, I thought the invisible shield appeared to be a Lady Tomb "thing". Yet, like Biscuit, I, too, have noticed that Meander seemed to be at least bemused by the disruption.

When we first met Chilus (http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20050814) she appeared to indicate that she is essentially a rival to K'Z'K. If K'Z'K cannot be released, then she will be the end demon in his place. So sure, holding back her demons from rescuing Wilcott & Lady Tomb would seem to guarantee that K'Z'K is not released, allowing Chilus to remain in contention for that role. Yet, she was on that stage as well... I do not think she would prevent her demons from potentially protecting her. Unless she made it off that stage safely when we weren't looking... Even if she did, I think she would take her demons with her. I think GUIGUI is right - I think the shield was placed by Lady Tomb.

Urja genuinely looks in distress, though. I wonder if that blade did more harm than just an owie?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:03 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Biscuit wrote:

I have mentioned this before, but it was always part of Lady Tomb's plan to sacrifice demons and Meander was on with that plan, even if coerced into it.

Lady Tomb and Chilus set up the tall demons as patsies.

My spec is that the Envoy / remote Strakoi magic created the wall.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat