Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:28 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I was leaning in this direction already, but the update with Lacey's POV really cements it for me: Sharon knows what's up. I just don't buy that she's nothing more than a slightly adept amateur. She prepped for this meetup, knew to stay away until the coast was clear, knew to play dumb in case a demon is hiding among them.

Very strong chances that Sharon is either going to - or low-key already has - saved Riff's ass from Aylee/Lacey's planned murder.

Now that you said that, I agree. You know, we've heard about Sharon a great deal more than we've actually seen her. Consistently, the team has checked with her about certain problems. She must have skills and know something.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:32 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Reminder that, while she hated it it, one of the reason Hammer recruited her for Homeland Security was because she might have some level of psychic power:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2007-05-01

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:34 am 
Idk about Sharon but Bun-Bun is too sharp to not know something's up. He suspected Sasha before anyone else and he routinely has a pretty good bead on what other people in the gang are thinking.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:16 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Idk about Sharon but Bun-Bun is too sharp to not know something's up. He suspected Sasha before anyone else and he routinely has a pretty good bead on what other people in the gang are thinking.

Yeah, I laughed out loud when the demon said "It should be easy enough to bury them all" as a part of this plan. Catch Riff off guard? MAaaaaaaybbeeee. But there's a big bad bunny there too that's much more dangerous! Come on! Did she read NOTHING from Aylee's brain?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:17 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

Yeah, I laughed out loud when the demon said "It should be easy enough to bury them all" as a part of this plan. Catch Riff off guard? MAaaaaaaybbeeee. But there's a big bad bunny there too that's much more dangerous! Come on! Did she read NOTHING from Aylee's brain?

I'd bet that Chaz is one of the few things that could actually kill Bunbun.
He's only been able to kill gods because he's not bound by the fate web. Demons are, at least according to Sharon, and Bunbun is the god of Power.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:40 pm 
Mathel wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

I'd bet that Chaz is one of the few things that could actually kill Bunbun.
He's only been able to kill gods because he's not bound by the fate web. Demons are, at least according to Sharon, and Bunbun is the god of Power.

I wonder if Bunbun's little hands can wield Chaz. That would be a closing story-line worthy moment.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:14 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Mathel wrote:

I wonder if Bunbun's little hands can wield Chaz. That would be a closing story-line worthy moment.

You never know with magical blades. Might shrink itself to the size of a dagger. We do know that Bunbun is capable of wielding a switchblade and a handgun.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:30 pm 
But will Bunbun WANT to wield a weapon that was like the one that killed his mother/mysterious-bunny-friend-that-appeared-in-that-flashback-15-years-ago?

Edit: It was his mom. https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2006-04-25

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:13 pm 
I think Bunbun wouldn't want to wield a weapon that can mouth off to him. Although Chaz might have less to say if someone like Bunbun were wielding him.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:47 am 
Was going to post this on the Reactions thread, but realized that I am dabbling in speculation, so...

From today's strip: https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2022-10-05
5th panel:

When I read the fragment of writing in the close-up of 'paper' Gwynn, it looks like the text is written from Gwynn's perspective (that is, it is her current 'story'), given that the fragments say [Gw]ynn was full of fear', her [decis]ion? [or perhaps situat]ion was irreversible', and ... '[concern mos]tly' for Zoe alone with de[mons]', along with 'Farahn wo[uld]' in the last line.

As to the author? Farahn? Gwynn? The Fate Web itself? Or, is this Pete in story author/narrator omniscience mode?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:10 am 
It's like her dimension of lame counterpart - her thoughts and actions are written on herself as they happen. At least that is how it would work if she remained corporeal.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:35 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
It's like her dimension of lame counterpart - her thoughts and actions are written on herself as they happen. At least that is how it would work if she remained corporeal.

I just reread That Which Redeems last night, and they're are so many similarities. It's too bad that Torg isn't hear to notice them! DoL Gwynn had more autonomy and control, but was just as much "One" as Gwynn is now. Maybe it's how it could be without Fahran there. I feel slightly hopeful with that example. It's indirect evidence that Gwynn might be able to regain some control.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:12 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
randomlanguage wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

I just reread That Which Redeems last night, and they're are so many similarities. It's too bad that Torg isn't hear to notice them! DoL Gwynn had more autonomy and control, but was just as much "One" as Gwynn is now. Maybe it's how it could be without Fahran there. I feel slightly hopeful with that example. It's indirect evidence that Gwynn might be able to regain some control.

I know it might be difficult to conceive, but maybe DoL Farahn (or whoever or whatever the book was being possessed by) isn't as awful as Farahn prime? Thus explaining why DoL Gwynn had more autonomy.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:34 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

I know it might be difficult to conceive, but maybe DoL Farahn (or whoever or whatever the book was being possessed by) isn't as awful as Farahn prime? ths explaining why DoL Gwynn had more autonomy.

Fahran being not so bad would make sense since the nuke was letters of kindness! Maybe he his limit is throwing food like some of the resistance!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:34 am 
superhunnybear wrote:
Was going to post this on the Reactions thread, but realized that I am dabbling in speculation, so...

From today's strip: https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2022-10-05
5th panel:

When I read the fragment of writing in the close-up of 'paper' Gwynn, it looks like the text is written from Gwynn's perspective (that is, it is her current 'story'), given that the fragments say [Gw]ynn was full of fear', her [decis]ion? [or perhaps situat]ion was irreversible', and ... '[concern mos]tly' for Zoe alone with de[mons]', along with 'Farahn wo[uld]' in the last line.

As to the author? Farahn? Gwynn? The Fate Web itself? Or, is this Pete in story author/narrator omniscience mode?

Definitely Gwynn's perspective, if you look at her tongue today.

In the past when Farahn wrote comamnds on her, it was all red and scary.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat