Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:49 am 
tube_rat wrote:
DaFlipp wrote:

Whenever/However Prozoatu properly enters the story, it will somehow be related to Oasis. Not in a "she is somehow Prozoatu incarnate" way or anything like that, simply that her ability to keep cheating death may draw Prozoatu's attention in some way, since she's the one* character shown to repeatedly be restored to full life (as opposed to the undead like Sam). Probably something a dude whose life-creations keep getting destroyed would take interest in!

Could be very wrong, especially since Oasis got a pretty decent send-off in her last storyline, but it's a possibility!

*Okay fine Sasha/Kusari too, but her resurrections are less iconic and a sort of copy of Oasis's anyway, I'm sure she'll be involved too if Oasis is involved but she wouldn't be the main focus

if memory serves me correct, oasis is outside the fate web. how does one end up outside the fate web? i don't think her storyline is quite done yet.

I always thought that because she's not mortal, she can't be controlled or influenced by it.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:30 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
tube_rat wrote:
DaFlipp wrote:

Whenever/However Prozoatu properly enters the story, it will somehow be related to Oasis. Not in a "she is somehow Prozoatu incarnate" way or anything like that, simply that her ability to keep cheating death may draw Prozoatu's attention in some way, since she's the one* character shown to repeatedly be restored to full life (as opposed to the undead like Sam). Probably something a dude whose life-creations keep getting destroyed would take interest in!

Could be very wrong, especially since Oasis got a pretty decent send-off in her last storyline, but it's a possibility!

*Okay fine Sasha/Kusari too, but her resurrections are less iconic and a sort of copy of Oasis's anyway, I'm sure she'll be involved too if Oasis is involved but she wouldn't be the main focus

if memory serves me correct, oasis is outside the fate web. how does one end up outside the fate web? i don't think her storyline is quite done yet.

I always thought that because she's not mortal, she can't be controlled or influenced by it.

Vampires are not mortal. Gods aren't mortal. I think they're all in the fate web aren't they?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:08 am 
tube_rat wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

Vampires are not mortal. Gods aren't mortal. I think they're all in the fate web aren't they?
[/quote]
Great point! I guess what I meant is that they are not their own selves. They don't have the same kind of sentience

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:34 am 
I do think Oasis has more role to play for a couple reasons.

1. It was never explained what role she plays or could have played in the big tangle.

2. The way she works was handwaved as we think it has something to do with quantum entanglement but idk Dr. Steve was ahead of his time. Pretty suspicious and makes me think there's something magical about how Oasis works.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:13 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:

1. It was never explained what role she plays or could have played in the big tangle.

2. The way she works was handwaved as we think it has something to do with quantum entanglement but idk Dr. Steve was ahead of his time. Pretty suspicious and makes me think there's something magical about how Oasis works.

3. Sasha (Kusari) is still in play - Pete left her plotline obviously dangling. With such a strong sibling rivalry, I doubt that Pete would leave Oasis out of any future Kusashi plotlines.

The real question is not "if," but "when". Their apparent "mother" has been hinted at in the current plotline. I don't know if the current plotline will be the big finish for K'Z'K (or mankind) or whether this demon meet will be just another blip along that whole big plotline. Weirdly, to me this demon meet has a feel of 'just another blip'. And yet, with the hints that the vampires will be involved, it seems as if all the plotlines should be coming together right now - and that would include Oasis/Kusashi.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:01 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I hesitated to put that in the reaction section, because it might actually be speculation, but I couldn't help but notice that Zoe took the place of Farhan. Now, it's a bit mitigated by the fact it also broke Gwynn's part of statue and that Bun Bun is there as well, but that Zoe take the place of Farhan in what is meant to be a couple of lovers... Well that's some subtext, there, that recontextualise a bit how Gwynn tend to treat Torg especially in consideration of his engagement with Zoe.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:47 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
I hesitated to put that in the reaction section, because it might actually be speculation, but I couldn't help but notice that Zoe took the place of Farhan. Now, it's a bit mitigated by the fact it also broke Gwynn's part of statue and that Bun Bun is there as well, but that Zoe take the place of Farhan in what is meant to be a couple of lovers... Well that's some subtext, there, that recontextualise a bit how Gwynn tend to treat Torg especially in consideration of his engagement with Zoe.

You are not alone in this line of thinking.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:18 am 
Some magic is internal to Farahn, but probably not all. And Gwynn seems to posses some power in her own right, as per the battle in the motel.

Would Gwynn, currently trapped in the book as she is, be able to send some of the power to Zoe, same as Farahn sent it to her?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:31 am 
Mathel wrote:
Some magic is internal to Farahn, but probably not all. And Gwynn seems to posses some power in her own right, as per the battle in the motel.

Would Gwynn, currently trapped in the book as she is, be able to send some of the power to Zoe, same as Farahn sent it to her?

Interesting idea and I think totally plausible. It's something he could be trickier into teaching her. Alternatively, she could figure it out based on clues he let drop.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:40 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
tube_rat wrote:

I figure it might just be because her satellite brain is literally, physically outside the magic fate web. No magic in space.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:42 pm 
Aithiopika wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
tube_rat wrote:

I figure it might just be because her satellite brain is literally, physically outside the magic fate web. No magic in space.

Oh! That's also a good point!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:26 am 
The gold in this comic is really bothering me. The last time I remember seeing that color of gold is that vine that Torg made the engagement ring from. Maybe I'm being stupid through.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:28 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:

Aithiopika wrote:

Then again, why not indulge in the spec? What if the quantum entanglement and the ability to come back to life is because Steve managed to replicate a fate web, for just one person and it is stored in the satellite and links only to Oasis and her lab.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:28 am 
So....Farahn actually does imprison the bug and hide the book, thus saving the world? Then Gwynn's gift kicks in and she moves to the moon, causing Farahn rage releasing the bug?

Or Tombsy manages to pull the bug out anyway?

Pete sure likes to leave a lot of dangling possibilities. He's the true googol.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:21 am 
swmartian wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

3. Sasha (Kusari) is still in play - Pete left her plotline obviously dangling. With such a strong sibling rivalry, I doubt that Pete would leave Oasis out of any future Kusashi plotlines.

The real question is not "if," but "when". Their apparent "mother" has been hinted at in the current plotline. I don't know if the current plotline will be the big finish for K'Z'K (or mankind) or whether this demon meet will be just another blip along that whole big plotline. Weirdly, to me this demon meet has a feel of 'just another blip'. And yet, with the hints that the vampires will be involved, it seems as if all the plotlines should be coming together right now - and that would include Oasis/Kusashi.

The great tangle has not occurred yet. This could be it. If it was just the demon meet and even with the involvement of the vampires I might be inclined to agree. But we have Gwynn making a seemingly large sacrifice and the Moon Twin may be involved too. This feels....epic for some reason. I think if kusasha and oasis show up it will definitely be the great tangle.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat