Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:21 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
That's something to think about, if most of the demons have strategically jumped to more willing hosts (assuming at least some of them weren't before), Torg's gonna have a rude awakening when he stabs one of them and Chaz doesn't glow.

Torg knows that not everyone is innocent, and Zoë has probably told him about this. He has no reason to be surprised if Chaz doesn't activate.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:48 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
My spec would be that Gwynn just rolls over and does whatever Kzk and Farahn demand, since she's got some godly spells up her sleeve to undo any impending escape plan. However, Bas made her forget that happened, so yeah I don't know. Still not sure how that's gonna get screwed up, only that it almost definitely will.

I would like to counter speck: Gwynn and the gang still are not aware of the exact nature of the last page Gwynn found in Wilcott's house and added back to the book, the Page of Domination.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=73#2021-07-27

This was the page that the Bug and Farahn got into a lot of trouble to remove from the Book. https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=73#2021-05-21

The Spell of Domination is too much of a Chekhov's Page to not play a role in how Gwynn eventually counters Farahn (if we believe in any sort of happy ending that is). The role of the page might be what Sharon Gall wants to tell the gang - it would definitely be something that the demons don't want them to know. Not sure how fate magic would allow her to know this though.

The other way the gang could learn of the page is dependent on whether Edda knew about it (which I see no reason why she wouldn't) and whether this was one of the things she explained to Siphy II during their joint imprisonment.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=73#2021-11-19

The spell of domination is actually central to whatever Y had Edda work on, which seems to be connected (as has been collective spec) to the nature of vampires.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=73#2021-10-13

Not sure how things would play out, but the gang does have a piece of what remained from Siphy's paper form, which means that she could still be brought back and consulted. I wonder if this would happen now and how Sharon could help bring it about.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:41 am 
Edda didn't need to explain the spell of domination to Siphy II. She was about to use that spell moments before she was taken into the book.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:10 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Edda didn't need to explain the spell of domination to Siphy II. She was about to use that spell moments before she was taken into the book.

Ah true!

All the more reason for it to finally come into play soon. I wonder if it's Sharon that will finally explain that it's there or if Gwynn will figure it out while dreaming.

By the way, today's strip made me think that we haven't really seen Zoe come into her own yet in the ways other characters have. Torg, Riff, Gwynn, Ayle (and Bun Bun) all had their moment when they developed their abilities.

It seems like Zoe so far has just shown some quick thinking which has given her the title of Stormbreaker.

Clearly her "superpower" is being much brighter than everyone else on the cast, which is what led to this quick thinking, so maybe now is her time to truly outwit the Bug.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:18 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
ong wrote:
(...)

By the way, today's strip made me think that we haven't really seen Zoe come into her own yet in the ways other characters have. Torg, Riff, Gwynn, Ayle (and Bun Bun) all had their moment when they developed their abilities. (...)

Like I said in the reaction thread, you might enjoy a reread of chapter 63:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=63

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:24 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
ong wrote:
(...)

By the way, today's strip made me think that we haven't really seen Zoe come into her own yet in the ways other characters have. Torg, Riff, Gwynn, Ayle (and Bun Bun) all had their moment when they developed their abilities. (...)

Mmm, if I remember this chapter correctly, I'd say it's another step in Zoe's character development and further indication of what her strengths are. But I wouldn't say the nom nom virus has the same mythic weight as Torg's arc in That Which Redeems, Riff's in 4U City, Gwynn's in Mokhadun and Aylee's in that one in the alternate universe where she learns exactly what her species is.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:51 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
ong wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
ong wrote:
(...)

Mmm, if I remember this chapter correctly, I'd say it's another step in Zoe's character development and further indication of what her strengths are. But I wouldn't say the nom nom virus has the same mythic weight as Torg's arc in That Which Redeems, Riff's in 4U City, Gwynn's in Mokhadun and Aylee's in that one in the alternate universe where she learns exactly what her species is.

Zoe is like Starfire in the 00's Teen Titan cartoon. She never had a season dedicated to her, but she kept growing as a character nevertheless.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:21 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Zoe is like Starfire in the 00's Teen Titan cartoon. She never had a season dedicated to her, but she kept growing as a character nevertheless.

That's what I'm saying, I want that Zoe season dammit.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:10 pm 
6th panel for the 8/11 strip, I am still imagining seeing a closed eye underneath her hair again...

Am I affected by a confirmation bias, yes.

Am I putting together flimsy evidence to support my hypothesis that she is a Yffi relation, yes I am.

Am I also suspicious that Pete keeps giving us back angles of Tombsy? Most definitely.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:35 am 
ong wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
My spec would be that Gwynn just rolls over and does whatever Kzk and Farahn demand, since she's got some godly spells up her sleeve to undo any impending escape plan. However, Bas made her forget that happened, so yeah I don't know. Still not sure how that's gonna get screwed up, only that it almost definitely will.

I would like to counter speck: Gwynn and the gang still are not aware of the exact nature of the last page Gwynn found in Wilcott's house and added back to the book, the Page of Domination.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=73#2021-07-27

Mmm, true. But all the more reason to believe that Bas's plan as stated is doomed to fail. Otherwise, no domination spell is needed.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:41 pm 
skincell wrote:
6th panel for the 8/11 strip, I am still imagining seeing a closed eye underneath her hair again...

Am I affected by a confirmation bias, yes.

Am I putting together flimsy evidence to support my hypothesis that she is a Yffi relation, yes I am.

Am I also suspicious that Pete keeps giving us back angles of Tombsy? Most definitely.

Two thoughts:
1. If she IS a Yffi relation, wouldn't it probably make her some level of ACTUAL relation to Riff and Wilcott? (Based on the spec - or is there any official confirmation that I have missed that Yffi is Symachus -or possibly Macha, his 'orphaned' son?) I'm speccing that she isn't related to Yffi based on this, given that she doesn't seem to have any eyesight problems. Speaking of eyes...
2. Thea 'Tombsy' was the woman behind the counter in the 'Antiquarian' occult store at 4am, when Tombsy and Wilcott abducted Zoe and Gwynn. She has the gas mask, and the shirt is the same, based on collar and buttons.
No fancy eye makeup, and no real sign of a third eye...

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:02 am 
Okay, speculation time. I think Tombsy's motivation is that she is ready to sacrifice most of humanity if this means being able to kill both Prozoato and Poopy Pants and thus ending the fate web. She want to free herself and what will remain of humanity from destiny, make her own path and let no one or anything dictate what her future will be.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:10 am 
I don't usually post here so apologies if this has been speculated on in the past, but with the callback to Prozoatu, I have a random prediction:

Whenever/However Prozoatu properly enters the story, it will somehow be related to Oasis. Not in a "she is somehow Prozoatu incarnate" way or anything like that, simply that her ability to keep cheating death may draw Prozoatu's attention in some way, since she's the one* character shown to repeatedly be restored to full life (as opposed to the undead like Sam). Probably something a dude whose life-creations keep getting destroyed would take interest in!

Could be very wrong, especially since Oasis got a pretty decent send-off in her last storyline, but it's a possibility!

*Okay fine Sasha/Kusari too, but her resurrections are less iconic and a sort of copy of Oasis's anyway, I'm sure she'll be involved too if Oasis is involved but she wouldn't be the main focus

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:26 pm 
DaFlipp wrote:
I don't usually post here so apologies if this has been speculated on in the past, but with the callback to Prozoatu, I have a random prediction:

Whenever/However Prozoatu properly enters the story, it will somehow be related to Oasis. Not in a "she is somehow Prozoatu incarnate" way or anything like that, simply that her ability to keep cheating death may draw Prozoatu's attention in some way, since she's the one* character shown to repeatedly be restored to full life (as opposed to the undead like Sam). Probably something a dude whose life-creations keep getting destroyed would take interest in!

Could be very wrong, especially since Oasis got a pretty decent send-off in her last storyline, but it's a possibility!

*Okay fine Sasha/Kusari too, but her resurrections are less iconic and a sort of copy of Oasis's anyway, I'm sure she'll be involved too if Oasis is involved but she wouldn't be the main focus

if memory serves me correct, oasis is outside the fate web. how does one end up outside the fate web? i don't think her storyline is quite done yet.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:29 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Okay, speculation time. I think Tombsy's motivation is that she is ready to sacrifice most of humanity if this means being able to kill both Prozoato and Poopy Pants and thus ending the fate web. She want to free herself and what will remain of humanity from destiny, make her own path and let no one or anything dictate what her future will be.

i was thinking she wants to kill them both and take their place.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat