Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:24 pm 
I do think Pete's setting it up so that Basphomy will enter the other room to leave at the same time Bun-Bun enters from the other end, but we'll see.

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2022 12:13 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I do think Pete's setting it up so that Basphomy will enter the other room to leave at the same time Bun-Bun enters from the other end, but we'll see.

Not too far off! It looks like we will have an encounter of some kind though

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:43 am 
Is it "Spec" or "Fan Fiction" to hope the next words out of Bun-Bun's mouth are "Our child, where are you hiding her!"???

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:15 pm 
swmartian wrote:
swmartian wrote:
Given that we're all eager to hear the conversation that will next take place between Basphomy and Gwynn, and given how Pete always likes to keep us in suspense, my next spec (remember, I'm wrong 99% of the time...) is that Bun-Bun will return from his errand and distract Basphomy for a bit.

So it looks like Bun-Bun will be the last one in the room - if that. And my losing streak is intact!
Whoo-hoo! :sam:

Hmm. Technically, my spec is actually correct, since the conversation between Gwynn and Basphomy has not yet taken place... LOL

I just love that last panel...

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:20 am 
Biscuit wrote:
Is it "Spec" or "Fan Fiction" to hope the next words out of Bun-Bun's mouth are "Our child, where are you hiding her!"???

TBH, I think this one gets you an "admit one" to the psych ward. That's an evening I would prefer to not imagine.

So....the latter.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:56 am 
Though it may have seemed strange that Bun-bun let Basphomy go so easily, I think he is playing a longer game here. Some ideas:
*he wants Basphomy to take a message of his return back to someone.
*he is indicating that she'll need his support in order to make her consider shifting her loyalties.
*he wants to know more about the current holiday goals before wading in.
Ultimately, I think it's important to consider that Bun-bun can also strategize in addition to being on the attack all the time.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:07 pm 
Well, it's not terribly surprising Bun-Bun would let her go. He doesn't really have a grudge to hold against her and he's got bigger fish to fry. He just doesn't trust her. With good reason (she has a reason to hold a grudge against him after all). I just kind of thought he might make use of her overtures to peace in some way beneficial to himself.

I was slightly more surprised that Basphomy didn't want a fight, but she knows what Bun-Bun can do so it makes sense that she'd want the full powers of Halloween before challenging him, especially if she wasn't even expecting to find him there.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:22 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I'm at a loss to explain to myself why Basphomy would *ever* want to move against Bun-Bun. As she notes, he has no holiday power to claim... it makes sense she would want him as an ally, not an enemy.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:15 am 
Bun-Bun devised the Obsidian Cage, where she was trapped for years. After she helped him win against Alien Santa. I'm not entirely sure why the Deus Ex Egg didn't reset that move, but based on dialogue from this chapter, it apparently did not. Reasons to not antagonize Bun-Bun notwithstanding, isn't that reason enough to want to make a move against him?

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:02 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
Bun-Bun devised the Obsidian Cage(...)

Pretty sure it existed long before the Holly-days War.
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure why the Deus Ex Egg didn't reset that move

The Deus Egg restore the Holly-Days as they were. Prior to Bun-Bun's take-over, Basphomy was not in charge of any Holly Days, so that might be why she was not affected.

Point of note, while the Deus Eggs restore the Holly Days as they were meant to be, it is not a complete reset as it does not erase memories of prior events. A very useful plot-device, this Deus Egg.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:03 am 
Also pointing out the obvious:

She completely deflected and avoided talking about why she was here.

Her holiday explanation had nothing to do with why she was here. As far as we're aware of, anyway.

I'm sure Bunbun realizes this.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 4:14 pm 
That's true, but she may be done with the task she came for now, which would leave her free to pursue her own ambitions. And Bun-Bun never actually asked why she was there and may not even care.

There's something that doesn't sit with me though. Something that makes me wonder if the spells she gave Gwynn really do what Basphomy says they do. Dunuloa was seething with rage about how Farahn must pay and she mentions that she doesn't care if the bug destroys the world in the same breath. Why would she even say that if her only solution to making Farahn pay also keeps the bug from destroying the world? It doesn't add up. On top of that we have that little tidbit about being able to disguise the nature of a spell from the Book of Uhglee. From the moment that idea was introduced, I felt sure it was going to play into this chapter in a major way and now I think I'm getting a stronger idea of how. My suspicion is one or both of those spells don't do what Basphomy says (perhaps Basphomy herself doesn't even know that but Dunuloa does) and Dunuloa has disguised the nature of the spells.

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 7:37 am 
That's an interesting thought. This chapter has been going on for so long I forgot that happened in the same one as this. The book of Uhglee has certainly factored in quite a bit - both its ability to disguise as well as its ability to trap. Big implications there.

Still, it's hard to speculate because I feel like we've been at a disadvantage for quite a while now, information-wise. Despite learning more backstory than EVER, the fact remains that the plot currently pivots on a person and upcoming event we know hardly anything about: Yffy and the Demon Meet.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:35 am 
The longer Gwynn stays awake, the more delirious she will get. The weaker she will get. The deeper she will sleep.

...the more vulnerable she'll be when its time to confront you-know-who in dreamland.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:37 am 
Character degeneration for Aylee continues :aylee: .

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat