Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:17 pm 
Those aren't demons. They're Halloween monsters and I'm not sure how much they know about the demon meet. Although, considering that the demon meet concerns K'Z'K and, thus, also concerns Farabn, it is likely that Dunuloa, and hence Basphomy, is aware of it. It's possible she's approaching them because Dunuloa wants them to do something at/about the demon meet. On the other hand, Basphomy also has a personal grudge to settle with Bun-Bun.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:27 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
Those aren't demons. They're Halloween monsters and I'm not sure how much they know about the demon meet.(...)

If only Steve Uozin was still around, he could tell us about whether such distinction matter.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 11:38 pm 
Given that we're all eager to hear the conversation that will next take place between Basphomy and Gwynn, and given how Pete always likes to keep us in suspense, my next spec (remember, I'm wrong 99% of the time...) is that Bun-Bun will return from his errand and distract Basphomy for a bit.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 11:42 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Given that we're all eager to hear the conversation that will next take place between Basphomy and Gwynn, and given how Pete always likes to keep us in suspense, my next spec (remember, I'm wrong 99% of the time...) is that Bun-Bun will return from his errand and distract Basphomy for a bit.
I think it's quite possible!

Torg and Zoe are out, Gwynn's hold on her power is still uncertain.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:37 am 
Time for another spec as we wait for Basphomy's and Gwynn's conversation (which will probably take place after a flashback into how Mr. Sticks experienced history from the beginning of time to this day).

Just finished a reread of Immortal King, and through reading the narrative faster I was able to notice this which I hadn't before:

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=73#2022-03-09

Basically, after a long stretch of Lord Poopy Pants and Farahn scheming and seeming to get their plans back on track with Gwynn's return, the Bug says: "My demons have found a... workaround. And nobody, no matter how powerful or insignificant, will be able to stop me!" followed right away by the title card of the next chapter of the story: Ozzid.

I don't think I'm the first to notice this, but having just reread the chapter I wanted to draw attention to the possibility that it's Ozzid that will stop the latest attempt to summon K'z'k, probably even sacrificing himself to help his new friend and perhaps somehow to avenge/ free Siphy.

Siphy being freed would also serve the narrative purpose of finally clarifying to the gang how the book works (and that Gwynn can control Farahn through the Dominate page or even unbind the scroll containing him from the Book of E-ville using the Binding page). This could also provide narrative closure to the tragedy of the Scribe in case she is indeed dead. Remember, Edda was the one that helped Siphy begin remembering who she was during their conversations after they were booked.

That said, I wonder if Edda herself might also have a role to play, given that she is the one that put together the Blood + Death Magic (also something with birds) that we can safely assume went towards the creation of vampires generally, or just the Strakoistrat specifically (which could be the origin of vampires or an artificial type of vampire specifically created by Y). I think we can also safely spec that the "workaround" mentioned by Lord Poopy--Pants refer to the role that Strakoistrat have to play during the next demon meet.

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:09 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Rapid short term spec.

Torg is faking being afraid so he can get the drop on these creatures. He already faced the fear of his decisions back when he and Bunbun got the tome of the Wayang Kulit.

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:22 pm 
Kajin wrote:
Rapid short term spec.

Torg is faking being afraid so he can get the drop on these creatures. He already faced the fear of his decisions back when he and Bunbun got the tome of the Wayang Kulit.

I like that spec!

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:59 am 
Given today's trolley dilemma presented to Gwynn (either everyone dies and you become a god, or just everyone dies and maybe you save them?): an earlier Gwynn would put herself first, so I'm guessing there will be some drama and conflicting drives, but having-had-character-development Gwynn will find a way out that saves her friends too.

I was thinking ages ago that the gang could end up as the next pantheon, but I don't remember if I put it out there or I read it from somewhere else. Regardless, seems like we're one step closer to that possibility.

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 3:04 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
The world probably could use a set of gods that are more sane than the ones they have currently, at the least.

I don't think the gang arguably meets that metric... but could be interesting regardless.

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 3:26 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
ong wrote:
Given today's trolley dilemma presented to Gwynn (either everyone dies and you become a god, or just everyone dies and maybe you save them?)(...)

I see it more as a last failsafe option when everything has failed than an actual dilemma, though.

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:05 am 
It would be a dilemma in the sense that (ostensibly) this offer seems to stand only for Gwynn, and not for her friends.

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:00 pm 
I don't know much about dilemmas, but I know a bad deal when I see one and that "get out of death free" card tattooed on her palm sure seems like a bad deal to me.

So... Gwynn's state of mind. She's sleep deprived, terrified of the book and Farahn - namely that he'll turn her into an eternally imprisoned monster at any moment. She appears to have viewed Edda killing herself on Chaz as her own impending fate. Now Basphomy's saying what matters the most to Dunuloa - who effectively speaks for the gods at this point - isn't the bug or the spark, but that Farahn stay imprisoned in the book. I don't think either of them realize what they're really telling Gwynn right now: that they want her to choose between letting the world end or suffering horribly.

This whole situation is poison.

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:46 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I don't know much about dilemmas, but I know a bad deal when I see one and that "get out of death free" card tattooed on her palm sure seems like a bad deal to me.

So... Gwynn's state of mind. She's sleep deprived, terrified of the book and Farahn - namely that he'll turn her into an eternally imprisoned monster at any moment. She appears to have viewed Edda killing herself on Chaz as her own impending fate. Now Basphomy's saying what matters the most to Dunuloa - who effectively speaks for the gods at this point - isn't the bug or the spark, but that Farahn stay imprisoned in the book. I don't think either of them realize what they're really telling Gwynn right now: that they want her to choose between letting the world end or suffering horribly.

This whole situation is poison.

I am also wondering how those two spells can be combined to have an effect other than what the intentions of the moon twin are.

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2022 2:12 am 
Ooo good question. It depends on exactly what the second one does. I suppose with one interpretation: trap a KZK-possessed Farahn on the moon with Dunuloa?

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:37 pm 
swmartian wrote:

So it looks like Bun-Bun will be the last one in the room - if that. And my losing streak is intact!
Whoo-hoo! :sam:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat