Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:02 am 
Biscuit wrote:
I'll do a long-duration spec here.

I think the fact that the Bug seems to now want to either get rid of, or get vengeance on, Farahan is what is going to, at the end of the story, save humankind. Farahan has managed to distract Poopy Pants from his reason for existing so his world-ending plans will derail.

The fact those two will be working at cross purposes will be the salvation of this spark.

Or the 'Stay good Pete, stay good!' entreaties fall on deaf ears and Pete lets the Bug snuff out our spark. *shrug*

I think this is a plausible long-term spec! We've been focusing on Fahran and the Bug so long as we move back towards the present that our heroes involvement going forward is less clear. I have faith that everything will come together in the conclusion, and that our spark will not be snuffed out!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:07 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
randomlanguage wrote:
Biscuit wrote:

I think the fact that the Bug seems to now want to either get rid of, or get vengeance on, Farahan is what is going to, at the end of the story, save humankind. Farahan has managed to distract Poopy Pants from his reason for existing so his world-ending plans will derail.

The fact those two will be working at cross purposes will be the salvation of this spark.

Or the 'Stay good Pete, stay good!' entreaties fall on deaf ears and Pete lets the Bug snuff out our spark. *shrug*

I think this is a plausible long-term spec! We've been focusing on Fahran and the Bug so long as we move back towards the present that our heroes involvement going forward is less clear. I have faith that everything will come together in the conclusion, and that our spark will not be snuffed out!

I disagree with these long range specs. I think the Bug won't be the ultimate enemy in the comic but rather the Time Father who though he seems senile now actually has the long term goal of seeing the pillar of destruction brought down to kill Poopy Pants in revenge of his dead wife and son. The gang will have to defeat him to ensure that new sparks can still be created, because everything has to have an end, but there should still be new beginnings. The spark will end, along with the comic but our cast, who are potentials will become the gods of the next spark.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:25 am 
Rowen wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
Biscuit wrote:

I disagree with these long range specs. I think the Bug won't be the ultimate enemy in the comic but rather the Time Father who though he seems senile now actually has the long term goal of seeing the pillar of destruction brought down to kill Poopy Pants in revenge of his dead wife and son. The gang will have to defeat him to ensure that new sparks can still be created, because everything has to have an end, but there should still be new beginnings. The spark will end, along with the comic but our cast, who are potentials will become the gods of the next spark.

Not sure I’m with you on the Time Father, but the ‘potentials’ angle has possibilities.
‘Course it would be a pretty scary world if the gang became gods… (with the exception of Zoe…)

Imagine how pissed off Bun Bun would be, though… then add the God of Sugar (Kiki) to the mix!!!

Ok, the ‘gang as gods’ is only about as scary as the Gods of Mokhadun, so, yeah, it’s seeming more like a possibility…

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:43 am 
So I understand that the relevation of today's comic (19/1) that it was K'Z'K that locked Zoë away from the spirit world, is a new one and something that had never been confirmed before.

The reason for this can perhaps be inferred by the fact that the event linked under the comic happens in the chapter immediately after the War of the Bug Squishers. So, either K'Z'K did this intentionally to make it less likely that Zoë detects him and realises what is happening to Gwynn, or it was a result of her reading the Book of Gud, which means that K'Z'K is lying (wouldn't be the first time).

Last edited by ong on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:53 pm 
My theory now is that it actually WAS Gwynn who cast the spell to protect Zoe, but K'Z'K lied because doesn't want her to know how powerful she can actually be without him (or Farahn). Perhaps this story is leading up to Gwynn fully realizing her own strength, as a way of defeating both of them.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:41 am 
sycasey wrote:
My theory now is that it actually WAS Gwynn who cast the spell to protect Zoe, but K'Z'K lied because doesn't want her to know how powerful she can actually be without him (or Farahn). Perhaps this story is leading up to Gwynn fully realizing her own strength, as a way of defeating both of them.

Oooh, nice theory.

Mine is that the immunity from possession is actually a side effect of Zoe having been exposed to the Book of Gud, or something to do with what happened when she was in the past.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:10 am 
It's an interesting thought. Hard to say whether KZK's lying about that specifically, although it's safe to assume this courtesy call was genuine. This is roughly taking place just before Gwynn turns around, so he's at peak confidence here and in full control of her body. In fact...not sure, but that may be the last time Farahn ever sees the bug until the end of Mohkadun when they're reintegrated

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:57 am 
Considering the bug didn't really reveal himself to Gwynn again before Mohkadun, it seems likely that Farahn would not have had contact either in that time.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:39 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I just realised something, there is a whole period of time where Queen Siphaniana occupy Gwynn's body where Farhan is the sole occupant of the book. Has he never tried to reach for her? He is his actual wife he has been longing for, after all...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:38 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
I just realised something, there is a whole period of time where Queen Siphaniana occupy Gwynn's body where Farhan is the sole occupant of the book. Has he never tried to reach for her? He is his actual wife he has been longing for, after all...

Gwynn and Farahn went back in time. Gwynn had her powers in the past, so...this wasn't an opportunity, no?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:11 pm 
I don't believe Farahn went back in time, but you do raise an interesting point about Gwynn using magic then. I would chalk it up to the bug though.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:37 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
I don't believe Farahn went back in time, but you do raise an interesting point about Gwynn using magic then. I would chalk it up to the bug though.

It has been confirmed that gwynn used magic without Farahn granting her power, seeing that she doesn't make a deal with him before the Captain Botanical event.

We have seen other magic user, such as even Quint himself. Anyone with potential can use the fate web to wield magic. Gwynn was introduced to magic by the book, but she has grown to be able to use it on her own.

Spirantz wrote:
Gwynn and Farahn went back in time. Gwynn had her powers in the past, so...this wasn't an opportunity, no?

Queen Siphy in Gwynn's body having no magic power doesn't mean the King can't communicate with her.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:13 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

It has been confirmed that gwynn used magic without Farahn granting her power, seeing that she doesn't make a deal with him before the Captain Botanical event.

We have seen other magic user, such as even Quint himself. Anyone with potential can use the fate web to wield magic. Gwynn was introduced to magic by the book, but she has grown to be able to use it on her own.

Yes, but so far in this flashback it seems that Gwunn can use magic either because Farahn or the bug is feeding the power to her. Moreover, she would have been using magic not just without Farahn, but also without the book. Idk how it works though. Maybe if she has spells from the book memorized she can just do them. However, considering the numerous ways in which the bug used Gwynn in the past, I'm still most inclined to attribute the magic to him.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:29 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:

GUIGUI wrote:
Gwynn was introduced to magic by the book, but she has grown to be able to use it on her own.

Lord Golbez wrote:
Yes, but so far in this flashback it seems that Gwunn can use magic either because Farahn or the bug is feeding the power to her. Moreover, she would have been using magic not just without Farahn, but also without the book.

K'Z'K | The Bug (on a stick) wrote:
You give her power for /nothing in return?/

My interpretation of what the Bug (or a figment of the Bug) said is that Farahn has freely given Gwynn the power to conduct magic, but limited it to relatively simple magic. When Gwynn traveled back in time, that power went with her - not Farahn. She could still wield magic but was unable to request protection - or more power. I presume that until she left his presence he could have taken that power away, but otherwise could wield it as she saw fit. Although, granted, K'Z'K did go back with Gwynn, so... we cannot say for sure that she has power without him.

Just before Gwynn and Siphaniana switched places, Gwynn gave the Book to Lacey. She thought that it would pop right back to her, but apparently she left the timeline before it could do so since Lacey was the one that gave Wilcott the Book. I presume that means that Farahn was totally unaware that his real true love had arrived in his timeline. We do not know (yet) what happened during that time - i.e., did Farahn try to communicate with Lacey at all?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:12 am 
swmartian wrote:
(...)
Just before Gwynn and Siphaniana switched places, Gwynn gave the Book to Lacey. She thought that it would pop right back to her, but apparently she left the timeline before it could do so since Lacey was the one that gave Wilcott the Book. I presume that means that Farahn was totally unaware that his real true love had arrived in his timeline. We do not know (yet) what happened during that time - i.e., did Farahn try to communicate with Lacey at all?

Well, the book does come back, but Lacey might have stolen it again soon after, so good point. So Farahn never interacted with Siphy when she was in Gwynn's body. Good catch.

I continue to maintain that Gwynn simply was always a potential (or was awakened to magic by the book) and can use magic on her own without the help of the Book, like we have seen other Magic users do.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat