Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1193 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:02 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 1341
Location: under a pile of papers
Biscuit wrote:
I'll do a long-duration spec here.

I think the fact that the Bug seems to now want to either get rid of, or get vengeance on, Farahan is what is going to, at the end of the story, save humankind. Farahan has managed to distract Poopy Pants from his reason for existing so his world-ending plans will derail.

The fact those two will be working at cross purposes will be the salvation of this spark.

Or the 'Stay good Pete, stay good!' entreaties fall on deaf ears and Pete lets the Bug snuff out our spark. *shrug*

I think this is a plausible long-term spec! We've been focusing on Fahran and the Bug so long as we move back towards the present that our heroes involvement going forward is less clear. I have faith that everything will come together in the conclusion, and that our spark will not be snuffed out!

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:07 pm 
Offline
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:21 am
Posts: 7
WLM: Maucorn@yahoo.co.uk
Location: England
randomlanguage wrote:
Biscuit wrote:
I'll do a long-duration spec here.

I think the fact that the Bug seems to now want to either get rid of, or get vengeance on, Farahan is what is going to, at the end of the story, save humankind. Farahan has managed to distract Poopy Pants from his reason for existing so his world-ending plans will derail.

The fact those two will be working at cross purposes will be the salvation of this spark.

Or the 'Stay good Pete, stay good!' entreaties fall on deaf ears and Pete lets the Bug snuff out our spark. *shrug*

I think this is a plausible long-term spec! We've been focusing on Fahran and the Bug so long as we move back towards the present that our heroes involvement going forward is less clear. I have faith that everything will come together in the conclusion, and that our spark will not be snuffed out!


I disagree with these long range specs. I think the Bug won't be the ultimate enemy in the comic but rather the Time Father who though he seems senile now actually has the long term goal of seeing the pillar of destruction brought down to kill Poopy Pants in revenge of his dead wife and son. The gang will have to defeat him to ensure that new sparks can still be created, because everything has to have an end, but there should still be new beginnings. The spark will end, along with the comic but our cast, who are potentials will become the gods of the next spark.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:25 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:28 am
Posts: 89
Rowen wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
Biscuit wrote:
I'll do a long-duration spec here.

I think the fact that the Bug seems to now want to either get rid of, or get vengeance on, Farahan is what is going to, at the end of the story, save humankind. Farahan has managed to distract Poopy Pants from his reason for existing so his world-ending plans will derail.

The fact those two will be working at cross purposes will be the salvation of this spark.

Or the 'Stay good Pete, stay good!' entreaties fall on deaf ears and Pete lets the Bug snuff out our spark. *shrug*

I think this is a plausible long-term spec! We've been focusing on Fahran and the Bug so long as we move back towards the present that our heroes involvement going forward is less clear. I have faith that everything will come together in the conclusion, and that our spark will not be snuffed out!


I disagree with these long range specs. I think the Bug won't be the ultimate enemy in the comic but rather the Time Father who though he seems senile now actually has the long term goal of seeing the pillar of destruction brought down to kill Poopy Pants in revenge of his dead wife and son. The gang will have to defeat him to ensure that new sparks can still be created, because everything has to have an end, but there should still be new beginnings. The spark will end, along with the comic but our cast, who are potentials will become the gods of the next spark.

Not sure I’m with you on the Time Father, but the ‘potentials’ angle has possibilities.
‘Course it would be a pretty scary world if the gang became gods… (with the exception of Zoe…)

Imagine how pissed off Bun Bun would be, though… then add the God of Sugar (Kiki) to the mix!!!

Ok, the ‘gang as gods’ is only about as scary as the Gods of Mokhadun, so, yeah, it’s seeming more like a possibility…

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:43 am 
Offline
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:41 am
Posts: 58
So I understand that the relevation of today's comic (19/1) that it was K'Z'K that locked Zoë away from the spirit world, is a new one and something that had never been confirmed before.

The reason for this can perhaps be inferred by the fact that the event linked under the comic happens in the chapter immediately after the War of the Bug Squishers. So, either K'Z'K did this intentionally to make it less likely that Zoë detects him and realises what is happening to Gwynn, or it was a result of her reading the Book of Gud, which means that K'Z'K is lying (wouldn't be the first time).


Last edited by ong on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:18 am
Posts: 33
My theory now is that it actually WAS Gwynn who cast the spell to protect Zoe, but K'Z'K lied because doesn't want her to know how powerful she can actually be without him (or Farahn). Perhaps this story is leading up to Gwynn fully realizing her own strength, as a way of defeating both of them.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:41 am 
Offline
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:41 am
Posts: 58
sycasey wrote:
My theory now is that it actually WAS Gwynn who cast the spell to protect Zoe, but K'Z'K lied because doesn't want her to know how powerful she can actually be without him (or Farahn). Perhaps this story is leading up to Gwynn fully realizing her own strength, as a way of defeating both of them.


Oooh, nice theory.

Mine is that the immunity from possession is actually a side effect of Zoe having been exposed to the Book of Gud, or something to do with what happened when she was in the past.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:10 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 1613
Website: http://econniff.blogspot.com/
Location: Just outside the city limits
It's an interesting thought. Hard to say whether KZK's lying about that specifically, although it's safe to assume this courtesy call was genuine. This is roughly taking place just before Gwynn turns around, so he's at peak confidence here and in full control of her body. In fact...not sure, but that may be the last time Farahn ever sees the bug until the end of Mohkadun when they're reintegrated

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:57 am 
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 1551
Considering the bug didn't really reveal himself to Gwynn again before Mohkadun, it seems likely that Farahn would not have had contact either in that time.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1193 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: