Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:42 am 
Anise and Kiki. Who's with me!

And what should the ship be? Anki? Kise? Will Anise cut the crusts off PB&J's for Kiki?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:23 am 
So, E-ville (hiding Poopypants the Destroyer among useless spells), Gud (an angelic glowing comic book of beauty, potentially a time travelling megatome omnibus of Sluggy Freelance from the future) and Bhad (apparently all the vile dangarous spells that shouldn't make it into E-ville).

But what about Ughlee? It seems like it's made exclusively to trap specific demons in.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:15 pm 
I believe Uhglee was made as a decoy book of E-ville. Probably specifically to capture demons trying to get the book. Hence, the disguised nature of the spells. There's probably a lot of different disguises for the spells, but I bet they all do the same thing.

The purpose of the Book of Bhad is still quite unclear, but it was apparently more controversial and now we know it involves death magic.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:37 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
The most recent occurrence of the book of Ughlëë has shown it still contain demons
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-07-23
As it is made mostly of blank pages, I'd say it's purpose is to collect and imprison demons, with the disguised spell to extract and imprison them.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:19 pm 
Still contained anyway. Chaz took care of that one.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:26 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
So, the book of Bhäd is a collection of all the dangerous spells that weren't useless enough to be put in the book of Eville, right? But why make a book out of that?

Easier to carry?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:06 am 
Wow, Anise in the last couple pages has been looking a LOT like the little shadowy guy following the gang around in the present, ie: https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-08-31

I forget if we were thinking demon spy or a servant of Basphomy for that fella, but now we've got an ancient door to add as an option

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:12 am 
Wait, I know this is not speculation (or is it?) but I lost track of the women trapped in the book (this calls for a weekend reread!).

[Hm, crazed possessive "king of all mankind" trapping powerful women that don't want this abusive relationship anymore? I see what you did there Pete]

Ok, the book angel is clearly the scribe, judging by the symbols on her. I think we've established that.

aND the first book mummy that popped out in Italy is probably Siphy II (given the design of the moment she was trapped in the book) but the logo looks awfully like the one on Allie's statue.

Now, we don't know what happened to Allie, but given that she is stated to have died off panel, and given what she said about living for ever, I wouldn't be surprised if she's not in the book somewhere. Perhaps she's the will pushing the book to complete itself despite Fahran's and the Bug's plans.

But could the first book mummy have been Allie?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:02 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
ong wrote:
(...)

[Hm, crazed possessive "king of all mankind" trapping powerful women that don't want this abusive relationship anymore? I see what you did there Pete]

Uh?

Quote:
Ok, the book angel is clearly the scribe, judging by the symbols on her. I think we've established that.

aND the first book mummy that popped out in Italy is probably Siphy II (given the design of the moment she was trapped in the book) but the logo looks awfully like the one on Allie's statue.

Now, we don't know what happened to Allie, but given that she is stated to have died off panel, and given what she said about living for ever, I wouldn't be surprised if she's not in the book somewhere. Perhaps she's the will pushing the book to complete itself despite Fahran's and the Bug's plans.

But could the first book mummy have been Allie?

There has only been two brides of the book seen so far, Siphy II and the sribe we currently see the sotry of (if the antlers are any indication). Siphy II was the book Mummy. Allie, for what we know, died. Some speculate she might have cause the existence of the first vampires, establishing their connections with the current story, but that's it. I don't think Allie as ever prisoner of the book.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:04 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:

Uh?

I wasn't clear I guess. All I'm saying is that Fahran as a villain is a nice stand in for patriarchy and oppression of women. And I really like that patriarchy is the villain here.

GUIGUI wrote:
There has only been two brides of the book seen so far, Siphy II and the sribe we currently see the sotry of (if the antlers are any indication). Siphy II was the book Mummy. Allie, for what we know, died. Some speculate she might have cause the existence of the first vampires, establishing their connections with the current story, but that's it. I don't think Allie as ever prisoner of the book.
[/quote]

Yes, this, thanks for clarifying. I never thought of Allie as the source of the vampires, but I like the idea!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:11 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:

ong wrote:
Yes, this, thanks for clarifying. I never thought of Allie as the source of the vampires, but I like the idea!

Ha! I'm surprised that you brought up my speculation, since I'm often wildly wrong!

So, I was with those that thought the winged creature was Ozzid, which implied that Allie might be near - which is why I brought up the vampires. The spiders seem to indicate that Sam, at least, is "important" to the great tangle, and there was a hint that Allie was going to try to make herself immortal (a hint made stronger by her 'chumminess' with Lemuri (aka Bast, aka Basphomy), which spoke of a connection to Dunuloa). Even if she did not become a vampire (I no longer suspect that she would have been the Queen (at least not the original)), I would think that she would have succeeded in making herself immortal - else why bother to bring the idea up, and establish that connection to Dunuloa? I also speculated initially that she might be the Wizard Yffi - except that Pete has established the Wizard as male.

Now there has been spec that the winged creature is Anise... (looking at you, Yodimus Prime) And that would infer the presence of the Wizard Yffi. If he is indeed in the present time, then Yffi must himself be immortal. Perhaps the reason he hides his face is that (a) he's a vampire, and (b) he's shading himself from the sun? I dunno... Perhaps I am pushing the vampire connection too hard, but something big appears to be brewing in that direction that should coincide (at least in time) with whatever new scheme Wilcott Wilden has in motion....

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:18 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
This chapter DID open with a brief check-in on Sam. The Vampires probably aren't TOO far off...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:41 am 
I don't think vampire for Yffi simply because he made it sound like seeing him would invoke some kind of curse. That doesn't seem to fit vampire.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:11 pm 
I do love throwing wrenches around. To be fair, Ozzid is still the most likely candidate for the little shadow guy

Dodger77 wrote:
This chapter DID open with a brief check-in on Sam. The Vampires probably aren't TOO far off...

Adding to that, the gang brought up the Strakoi just before this flashback. One of the features of those vamps in particular is that they have magical abilities. Perhaps Allie was the origin of the Strakoi?

OH, and here's the ref for her planning to live forever (immediately followed by her being long dead, so take this declaration with a grain of garlic) https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-03-15

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:23 am 
I don't have complete spec on this yet, but I think Yffi must be from Mohkadun. He knows too much about everything to just be some wizard who came along in the Middle Ages.

Either that or maybe the Never.

A counterargument would be that Torg knows most of the same things Yffi knows and he's just some guy from the modern era. But that's just because Torg has bungled his way into firsthand experience of all this stuff. How did Yffi learn all this?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat