Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:27 am 
swmartian wrote:
So I'm going to take another stab at spec. We need another foray back in time to start tying the threads together - and that foray will be prompted by something that Riff stumbles upon on his trip back to retrieve Kiki, and that foray will lead back to the time of Mercia.

We have gone back in time! Possibly Mercia time too, based on her clothes.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:28 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
swmartian wrote:
So I'm going to take another stab at spec. We need another foray back in time to start tying the threads together - and that foray will be prompted by something that Riff stumbles upon on his trip back to retrieve Kiki, and that foray will lead back to the time of Mercia.

We have gone back in time! Possibly Mercia time too, based on her clothes.

Thanks! But I'm not counting spec points yet! Interesting that we did not deviate to Riff & Kiki first - you know he had to make that trip for a reason other than simply retrieving her! So I guess we're going to have to wait for whatever revelation that trip might bring...

So, so far I'm good for only 1 out of 2 guesses (and the obvious one at that) in that spec - let's see whether I get the third...

Edit: Well, Pete's attempt at medieval English suggests that we are at least in the right time period, if not the right place. So I may have gotten 2 out of 3 here. But I am far more interested in the implied (from my other posts) spec, that a deviation to Mercia (or that time) will provide more information about the vampires, and potentially lead us to Allie. Hmm. Wonder if she could even be the wizard? Oops. No. The woman thanks "sir-wizard" and that was after she heard 'him' command the 'wolves'.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:26 am 
I'm pretty certain that we know who this wizard is. However my speculations have been wrong before! Still, I think that with the references to the bugs and hiding his face, this wizard could be Fahran.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:45 am 
Hmmm. I find it suspicious that he asked her to assess the Book of Gud. Perhaps it's a test or perhaps it's because he cannot.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:16 pm 
Could it be the wizard guy who broke his neck and became a deadal in the War of the Bug Squishers? If his face is a giveaway but he can otherwise disguise his condition it would work. It would also be a reason he needs a proxy to get information about the book of Gud.

Osric was the name I was searching for. He got a shotgun blast to the face and wasn't dead when last we heard from him. Could have landed in a cave river and been swept out.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:35 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Osric died IN the cave of Yiffy though, which implies that he came well after the Wizard's time.

I'm pretty sure the Wizard is just making sure the book doesn't make the woman's face melt to make sure she's on the level.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:34 pm 
I'm 50/50 on whether it's making sure her face won't melt or fear/knowledge that his face would.

I'm not sure Osric was a wizard anyway. Never saw him perform any kind of magical feat. Pretty sure he was just a scribe or something like that.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:51 am 
I wonder if Iffy is Ozzid in some sort of disguise?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:48 am 
GigaGuess wrote:
I wonder if Iffy is Ozzid in some sort of disguise?

He couldn't hide that big ol' nose under that little hood.. Could he?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:44 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
Osric died IN the cave of Yiffy though, which implies that he came well after the Wizard's time.

I'm pretty sure the Wizard is just making sure the book doesn't make the woman's face melt to make sure she's on the level.

Ah, I didn't realise the current scene was taking place prior to the War of the Bug Squishers.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:00 am 
I mean...I can technically name a cave after me too while I'm still alive.

I can even leave town for a while.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:40 am 
That doesn't really matter. Yffi might or might not still be alive at the time of the Bug Squisher war (my vote is he's dead or at least out of commission but it's beside the point). This clearly takes place before the war because the Book of Gud was in Yffi's cave when they found it during the war and he just acquired it here.

And yes, I realize that "years" have passed since he acquired the book in the latest comic, but you'd have to concoct some really convoluted scenarios, including among other things that the Book of E-ville fell out of their hands and came back into it in the meanwhile, for this to not still be pre-war.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:33 am 
I doubt it will be this one, but I'm excited for the impending future flashback where we get to learn about the alternate reality Torg who travels here and ends up becoming King Torgamus

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:18 am 
So, she is scribing about blood magic, and she is going to look into a book with death magic.

Combine those two, and you can get chaz.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:27 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
So, the book of Bhäd is a collection of all the dangerous spells that weren't useless enough to be put in the book of Eville, right? But why make a book out of that?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat