Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:59 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday is a bit rushed trying to do things in secret before anyone notices. So be blissfully happy and ignore any weird lights or sounds you (don't) notice.

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote while Zoe is not here.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:17 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Typo alert if it's an easy fix. First panel.

Your supposed to be my

should be

You're supposed to be my

Same format that we've been using for John Ringo on his Substack.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:51 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
New story (kinda). It's kind of nice to be back to more self-contained stories with a rather quick resolution, IMO.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:03 am 
Not getting a good vibe from the empty jar in the foreground of the first panel. And what's with the flour? Lunar Appreciation Society ... is Gwynn looking to contact Dunuloa??

And Kiki and Ozzid having play dates sounds ... either amazingly cute or terrifying.

Looking forward to the story developing!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:44 am 
Given the title, I'm expecting a *slightly* lighthearted break. But yeah, Gwynn is going to have to come clean soon, and Torg needs to be part of it.

Zillatain wrote:
Tuesday is a bit rushed trying to do things in secret before anyone notices. So be blissfully happy and ignore any weird lights or sounds you (don't) notice.

What about the whole "yesterday's post date today" bit? Time travel funnies?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:01 am 
Gwynn is sure dressed up. Fishnets and LBD seems like unusual attire for a road trip.

And where is the hag? Or is/was that Lacey's cage?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:10 am 
garyfritz wrote:
Gwynn is sure dressed up. Fishnets and LBD seems like unusual attire for a road trip.

And where is the hag? Or is/was that Lacey's cage?

...and why is Zoe keeping the Book?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:44 am 
Biscuit wrote:
Not getting a good vibe from the empty jar in the foreground of the first panel.

Don't worry about the empty jar. She remembered the flour.

Biscuit wrote:
Kiki and Ozzid having play dates sounds ... either amazingly cute or terrifying.

I'm worried about Ozzid, too.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:26 pm 
Zillatain wrote:

Pfft, Tuesday is a false deity. Probably in cahoots with Pete to steal Wednesday's glory. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false! We hates them Precious!

Spirantz wrote:
Biscuit wrote:
Not getting a good vibe from the empty jar in the foreground of the first panel. And what's with the flour?

Oh, well, as long as she didn't forget the flour. That's very important. At least now Wednesday won't have to work as hard to save them since she's got the flour!

garyfritz wrote:
Or is/was that Lacey's cage?

That was my gut reaction as well. Though of the two, I'm hoping it's Ozzid's. After all, Lacey never believed in Wednesday and it shows.

Biscuit wrote:
And Kiki and Ozzid having play dates sounds ... either amazingly cute or terrifying.

Why does it have to be 'or' when it can be amazingly cute AND terrifying! Something that says "I'm here to destroy you" but with a sense of FUN!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:26 pm 
Quote:
But I thought the cages were designed to hold possessor and manifestor demons.

So not emergent demons. Ozzid is emergent; he can be corporeal by himself, without a host. I guess it may be possible that a bell jar cage can also hold some of the smallest and weakest emergent demons. Otherwise the conclusion is that Ozzid stays/stayed in there voluntarily. He has said that he likes cages, and he seemed able to leave the cage he had when he served the Bookbinders.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:54 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Had months go by and it only felt like a day had passed. Now it only felt like a day had passed and half of a year zooms by. Sluggy time is weird...

Napalm_Isis wrote:
Pfft, Tuesday is a false deity. Probably in cahoots with Pete to steal Wednesday's glory. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false! We hates them Precious!
Tuesday does not ally itself with the self proclaimed god "Pete" nor does it ally itself with the majestically godly Wednesday.

CheeseWhisper wrote:
What about the whole "yesterday's post date today" bit? Time travel funnies?
Shhhh. You saw nothing.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:47 pm 
Spirantz wrote:

I'm missing something. Flour? I see no previous mention ...

Rombobjörn wrote:
I guess it may be possible that a bell jar cage can also hold some of the smallest and weakest emergent demons.

Gwynn's been keeping Lacey in a bell jar, and I doubt she qualifies as small or weak.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:29 pm 
LobosSolos wrote:
Typo alert if it's an easy fix. First panel.

Your supposed to be my

should be

You're supposed to be my

Both the first and second sentences have the "your" -> "you're" typo. The third one is correct.

Looks like someone else has it reported in the typo thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12902&start=930#p610044

declinator wrote:
Comic of 13 Feb 2024, panel 1, central Zoë phone speech bubble. The first two "your" should be "you're". The third one is correct.
Quote:
Your (sic!) supposed to be my maid of honor. That means your (sic!) responsible for helping me with the wedding plans. Your secret months-long road trip is not helping.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:23 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

I'm missing something. Flour? I see no previous mention ...

Joke, based on its unexplained prominence next to the jar.

It's all-purpose after all.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:12 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
I guess it may be possible that a bell jar cage can also hold some of the smallest and weakest emergent demons.

Gwynn's been keeping Lacey in a bell jar, and I doubt she qualifies as small or weak.

There are three kinds of demons: possessor, manifestor and emergent. Lacey appears to be a manifestor. She could give her host an insect-like appearance and fly. Now that she's not possessing anyone, she's visible but floats in the air, which I take to mean that she's incorporeal, thus not emergent. Ozzid on the other hand rests on the ground when he's not flapping his wings. He can be corporeal without a host, so he's an emergent demon. That does not necessarily mean that Ozzid is stronger than Lacey. It means only that Ozzid is emergent and Lacey is a manifestor.

Zoë says that the bell jar cages are designed to hold possessor and manifestor demons. There must be a reason why she says "possessor and manifestor demons" instead of just "demons". Thus emergent demons are not included in the set of demons that bell jar cages are designed to hold, and yet they've been keeping Ozzid in one of those. Either Ozzid stayed there by choice even though the cage was unable to hold him captive, or else a bell jar cage can in some cases hold an emergent demon captive, even though it's only designed to hold possessor and manifestor demons. If it's the latter, then maybe it can only hold unusually weak emergent demons, or maybe only those that are physically small enough to fit, or both.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions