Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:30 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Incredible. We have known for a while that Allie could directly bind demons to books, without the need for it to possess a human first (look like Demon entrapment technology has evolved, since then) and not a single one of us even speculated that it could be done with Lord PoopyPant.

Truly a wonder it all slipped by us (unless someone actually did in the spec thread and I missed it). Guess we were all waiting for Zoe to do something with the book of Güd or something.

Now to see if we will ever get an answer as to why the spell of binding and unbinding to bind new pages to the Book of E-ville couldn't be used to rip off the unwanted pages. The question was raised by a few character from the story itself But the bug has dodged the question. Not that an answer to that plot point really matter right now...

We ALSO know, from the next page to your last ref, that "if your will is stronger than mine, you COULD resist". If any demon has a strong will, I would expect it to be poopypants. I'm pretty sure there was a reason he was bound inside Farahn instead of just the book. Also a reason why the spell of binding (and unbinding) wasn't bound into the same book as him.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:23 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:
We ALSO know, from the next page to your last ref, that "if your will is stronger than mine, you COULD resist". If any demon has a strong will, I would expect it to be poopypants. I'm pretty sure there was a reason he was bound inside Farahn instead of just the book.

that leads to some [spec] assuming it hasn't been specced already that is. it's a good point though.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:13 pm 
Soo many questions...

Surely the Bug won't go down that easily? Again?? And not by the Stormbreaker this time?
Where did the book of Ughlëë come from? Surely the Allie dream/avatar couldn't manifest it?
How is Gwynn spellcasting? She lost her powers. I don't think she's using the hand-spell Basphomy gave her.
Bun-Bun is bugging out !?? Very out-of-character for him. He was having fun poking Poopy's eyes out until Lady Tomb interfered.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:25 pm 
Riff had the book.

Also, Basphomy explained to Gwynn (as revisited in the flashback) that she has innate magical ability apart from the book. Gwynn actually sort of discovered that when she thought her magic was gone, but realized "I still have some left".

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:48 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Soo many questions...

Surely the Bug won't go down that easily? Again?? And not by the Stormbreaker this time?
Where did the book of Ughlëë come from? Surely the Allie dream/avatar couldn't manifest it?
How is Gwynn spellcasting? She lost her powers. I don't think she's using the hand-spell Basphomy gave her.
Bun-Bun is bugging out !?? Very out-of-character for him. He was having fun poking Poopy's eyes out until Lady Tomb interfered.

Riff brought the Book of Ughlee with him. It was found at his father's mansion, by Frog.

And I think BunBun realizes that Gwynn has this handled and he is going to go save Torg/Zoe from Gnaaw. They are still in danger there.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:48 am 
James wrote:
If you go back a few days you can see the mark appear when Gwynn remembers her meeting with Basphomy. Clicking on the ref link Remember on comic 230704 will take you too Basphomy putting the memory-sealing mark on Gwynn in the first place.

Dang! You are absolutely right! There goes my guess that SPEC.

It does look a bit different because of the angle in the latest comic, but now I see it clearly.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:20 am 
Safe to say this is one of the more badass pages in the comic

stamp :kzk:

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:55 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
We ALSO know, from the next page to your last ref, that "if your will is stronger than mine, you COULD resist". If any demon has a strong will, I would expect it to be poopypants.

Gwynn and the Destroyer have had a battle of wills before. Granted, that was only a part of the Destroyer's soul.

Sotanaht wrote:
I'm pretty sure there was a reason he was bound inside Farahn instead of just the book. Also a reason why the spell of binding (and unbinding) wasn't bound into the same book as him.

This is true. Let's not be too sure that this will be a long-term solution.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:59 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Rombobjörn wrote:

Sotanaht wrote:
I'm pretty sure there was a reason he was bound inside Farahn instead of just the book. Also a reason why the spell of binding (and unbinding) wasn't bound into the same book as him.

This is true. Let's not be too sure that this will be a long-term solution.

Like I said before, this was mostly due to Demon Capture spell tech not being so advanced back on mohkadun time as it became by Allie's time...

They could only capture mortals in object back then (and they had just managed to do so), thus the need for the bug to possess someone before they could trap the mortal in the scroll afterward.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions