Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2023 11:06 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
All hail our very hale Lord Poopy! May it not rain on his reign while taking the reins of the world!

Oh, it's Tuesday today.

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote every day until the world will ends.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:38 am 
I know that the DFA can't be directed at any particular dimension, but I was really expecting Riff to send Mr. Pants to the Dimension of Pain. Without guilt.

Now he should feel bad.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 3:09 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
So, Riff isn't the one who made the SHODDIE blew up? But then, WHO WAS PHONE?

Anyway, it looks lie Torg is about to commit a big Whoopsie...

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 3:40 am 
Kizke didn't cause it to explode? I guess Riff would be able to see if the DFA exploded because it was hit, or because of something inside it.

What a moment, where he is relieved that his own plan was sabotaged.

Go, Torg, go!

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:21 am 
Yes Urja, tonight only, because in a month you will have been overrun by deadels and there won't be any more strip-poker nights ever. Unless you stay and fight.

Fate dictated that the SHODDIE must explode to preserve the Omega Pillar. Riff thanks a god. Do fate spiders count as gods?

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:35 am 
Chucking consciousness of one of Pillar of Reality to another Reality would have had unpredictable consequences, for both realities. For all realities.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:41 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:

Fate dictated that the SHODDIE must explode to preserve the Omega Pillar. Riff thanks a god. Do fate spiders count as gods?

After digesting the strip, I was going to come on the forums to comment that perhaps the SHODDIE suit blew up because Riff's Fate Web requires an explosion in his vicinity on a certain frequency, and it was simply time for a Riff-Boom. Although I think we'll find out something about sabotage later!

Why do I think strip-poker with Sam is one night Urja can be guaranteed not to lose her clothes?

And Torg ... Poopy-Pants is going to have a very special place for you beneath him when his reign begins.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:59 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Oh damn! I hadn't noticed before that Riff actually pushed the button. Looking back to the second strip linked bellow today's comic, there might be some irony, there, in that I don't think Torg would have actually committed to it.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 7:06 am 
Well, the niftyverse was a nice place, once. I’ll miss it.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:28 am 
I think there is equal chance that trying to send a pillar of reality to another reality has unintended consequences and that the boom just means riff needs to check his notes.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:32 am 
tube_rat wrote:
I think there is equal chance that trying to send a pillar of reality to another reality has unintended consequences and that the boom just means riff needs to check his notes.

Right? I wondered why Riff just assumed someone else did that.

Also... Torg, why in the world are you only using one hand? I'm getting Roy Greenhilt vibes here.

Also also -- if powered-up Chaz can kill anything with a scratch, and yet Horribus needed a direct hit to the heart, then what chance does Torg have against PP?

Oh, and sending him to the DoP would have been amusing -- though knowing PP, he would have ended up ruling the place and leading them all back into another unsuspecting dimension.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:30 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
(...)

Also also -- if powered-up Chaz can kill anything with a scratch, and yet Horribus needed a direct hit to the heart, then what chance does Torg have against PP?

(...)

The first hit was again non-living calcified tissues, like the horn of a Rhinoceros (I guess this mean it would still be safe to get an haircut with a powered-up Chaz? I wouldn't recommand it, though)

With that said there is the case of the Demon King whose being WAS actually scratched, though it was a consolidated part of himself. While he was wounded in a quite significant way, he seems to have survived it.

He either was able to cut off the touched parts, or at a certain level of power, even for the power of Chaz, it requires a more direct hit for it to be fatal.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:27 pm 
My take on it is that Horribus' exterior is essentially like armor. You wouldn't expect a person wearing armor to die just because Chaz scrapes against the armor, right? Would that be the case for some of PP's exterior? Hard to say, guess we'll find out if Torg uses Chaz on him. The trickier thing to wrap my head around is the Demon-King. Chaz struck a weapon that he formed from his own body. For some reason this allowed Chaz to severely injure without killing him. If it hadn't injured him at all, I could easily write it off as, oh he struck a weapon, not the Demon-King's body, so that's why he was unharmed. If it had killed him, I could say well the weapon was formed from his body, so it was part of him and Chaz kills everything he cuts when powered. The in between situation of severely wounding, but not killing is harder to explain and makes me think that, as god-killingly powerful as he is, Chaz doesn't work in such absolute, stark terms as he presents. You can say well the Demon-King was an exception, because it was a weapon formed from his body, but one can't help but wonder what other exceptions there might be once you introduce the possibility.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:33 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
wonder what other exceptions there might be once you introduce the possibility.

demon powers. rawr

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 7:31 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
Kizke didn't cause it to explode? I guess Riff would be able to see if the DFA exploded because it was hit, or because of something inside it.

What a moment, where he is relieved that his own plan was sabotaged.

Go, Torg, go!

Anyone else notice the spider in panel 4?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions