Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:34 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday is overjoyed to see Lord Poopy freed from his wrongful imprisonment! Hooray! The End Times are upon us!

Though Tuesday is dismayed at the same time.That so-called king has also being released. His torment has barely started and should have been imprisoned for a couple more eternities. As for the woman... Insignificant. I do not wish to waste any more letters on her.

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote every day until the world will ends.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:24 am 
Congratulations Tombsy! Today you finally get to learn that you backed the wrong horse and the "kill everyone and everything" guy doesn't grant people godhood so they can hang around after the end. What a shocker!

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:27 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Interesting.
Did anybody have "digbot SHODDIE suit with a DFA" on their bingo card?

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:47 am 
Nobody does evil smiles like ol' Poopypants.

Funny how I always remember that whenever he shows up in all his glory. His maniacal grin game is on point.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:08 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Love how he's always confused by the requests his summoners make of him. Though he was quicker on the up-take with Wilcott.

wonder where the digbot came from.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:43 am 
This immediately brings two questions to mind. Who is responsible for the Shoddie being there and using the DFA? And who is being targeted by the DFA? Neither of those answers is necessarily the most obvious one.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 3:29 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Sending the bug to a different dimension is just an horrible thing to do. I really hope that's not the plan.

Look like all the magic Farahn had is gone, now. That include the change he made to Gwynn. I wonder what does that mean for Syphi 2, for who all that is left is her soul held in a piece of paper

Anyway, it look like Tombsy's plan was really to believe the bug's promise.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:38 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Sending the bug to a different dimension is just an horrible thing to do. I really hope that's not the plan.

Indeed. Not only would it be horrible to let the Destroyer loose on an unsuspecting other world. It would also amount to sending one of the Pillars of Reality to another reality. I'm not sure that's even possible, but if it could be done, it would leave this reality missing its Omega Pillar. That seems like a bad thing. Whether one tears up the final chapter or just tears it out of the book, it will still end the story prematurely.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:27 am 
vanRT wrote:
Congratulations Tombsy! Today you finally get to learn that you backed the wrong horse and the "kill everyone and everything" guy doesn't grant people godhood so they can hang around after the end. What a shocker!

Yeah, that's been my problem with this whole arc. I'm willing to grant a pass to Riff's Dad because the whole "box of prophecy that's never been wrong says you need to do this" (though still not the brightest thing to trust it with 'bring about apocalypse and all'), but after the box fraud was revealed.. why in the world did the non-demon parts of the Cult continue to function? Just plain stupid is all that comes to mind... and Lady Tombs is apparently the worst. Poopypants isn't going to make a counterpart to Father Time, silly... he's a very hands on (spikes on? seriously... don't you need some grip there, PP?) end-times demon.

(Psst... and Pete? Think you meant that Poopypants reign would rain down devastation... thanks for being consistent since Lady Tombs got confused too!)

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:58 am 
All marvel at the spectacle of our lord and destroyer of the Spark, Poopy-Pants! It's not quite too late to join the winning team!

So much to unpack ...

Panel 1 - who is the dark figure in the middle? Glad Olebelle survived the Bun-Bun!

Panel 2 - Farahdan is SO on point! Stepping on Poopy-Pant's declaration of triumph. Farahdan is the type to show up at a wedding better dressed than the bride.

Godhood, Lady Tomb? I'm with everyone else thinking that is ... unlikely.

Rombobjörn wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:

Indeed. Not only would it be horrible to let the Destroyer loose on an unsuspecting other world. It would also amount to sending one of the Pillars of Reality to another reality. I'm not sure that's even possible, but if it could be done, it would leave this reality missing its Omega Pillar.

Aren't the other dimensions part of this reality/Spark? Only Chaz is from another reality. Sending Poopy-Pants to another neighborhood still allows him to end the Spark and own Kronus!

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:06 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Interesting.
Did anybody have "digbot SHODDIE suit with a DFA" on their bingo card?

I have it in my excel sheet, down in cell zzzz65524, right after a random meteor hitting them all.

Similarly, dear roomie Farahn has now survived longer than I anticipated. Everything is a surprise today! :kiki:

… except for Tombsy getting the shaft. That was obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:17 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Biscuit wrote:
(...)
Panel 1 - who is the dark figure in the middle?
(...)

How come this one hadn't come to my attention? Who is he, indeed?
Quote:
Aren't the other dimensions part of this reality/Spark? Only Chaz is from another reality. Sending Poopy-Pants to another neighborhood still allows him to end the Spark and own Kronus!

I think he is one-reality specific. Each dimension similar enough to the prime one probably has its own End-of-World bug-demon. We know Poopypants doesn't handle the effect of time travel well, so there is that.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 10:36 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Biscuit wrote:
(...)
Panel 1 - who is the dark figure in the middle?
(...)

How come this one hadn't come to my attention? Who is he, indeed?

That looks like Sam, with the top of Torg's head visible above his hands (as if they've just touched down and Torg didn't quite stick the landing).
And yeah, Pete pulled another surprise out with the digbot SHODDIE suit (though for some reason I think Frog was in one of those earlier).
I still want to know what Chilus really gets out of this... and how the Strakoi benefit if PP destroys the spark and all humanity.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:39 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Not only would it be horrible to let the Destroyer loose on an unsuspecting other world. It would also amount to sending one of the Pillars of Reality to another reality. I'm not sure that's even possible, but if it could be done, it would leave this reality missing its Omega Pillar.

I don't think PP *is* the Omega Pillar anymore. I can't search for it (sluggy.info is down for me) but didn't the Time-Father convert K'z'k to a mere demon, and that's what made it possible for Dunuloa to confine him in the Book?

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:15 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
Not only would it be horrible to let the Destroyer loose on an unsuspecting other world. It would also amount to sending one of the Pillars of Reality to another reality. I'm not sure that's even possible, but if it could be done, it would leave this reality missing its Omega Pillar.

I don't think PP *is* the Omega Pillar anymore. I can't search for it (sluggy.info is down for me) but didn't the Time-Father convert K'z'k to a mere demon, and that's what made it possible for Dunuloa to confine him in the Book?

As far as understand it, he is the soul of the Omega Pillar, contained in a demon.
Chaz implied that destroying his soul would have disasterous consequences, but it is unclear what consequences would have sending him to a different dimension.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions