Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 11:57 pm 
I saw the header and instantly said, "Oh crap!" It's amazing how a simple inversion from black to white filled me with such dread to scroll further down. Really well done Pete!

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:56 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
Forced to watch? Is Dunuloa somehow forced to always be on the day side of the Moon? What stops her from trotting over to the far side if she doesn't want to watch?

In that strip, she's moving to stay on the light side.

It proves that she can visit the far side. The question is: What forces her to stay on the near side right now?

CheeseWhisper wrote:
where is this given as his symbol?

I think this is the first appearance of the spiky Y. This metaphoric phone call makes it clear that the symbol represents Yffi.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:20 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
Forced to watch? Is Dunuloa somehow forced to always be on the day side of the Moon? What stops her from trotting over to the far side if she doesn't want to watch?

In that strip, she's moving to stay on the light side.

It proves that she can visit the far side. The question is: What forces her to stay on the near side right now?

I think she can only be on the far side if it includes part of the light side. She may be compelled to stay on the light side, even if she's doing the walking.

Rombobjörn wrote:
I think this is the first appearance of the spiky Y. This metaphoric phone call makes it clear that the symbol represents Yffi.
Ah, thanks for that. The spec goes on...

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 1:30 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Mister Y (Yffi, i.e. Symachus) is certainly involved already... but where is this given as his symbol? All I see back there is some random pointy things on the edges.

We still don't have confirmation that Yffi is Symachus. I do think it's incredibly likely he is to the point that, even if he isn't, we were certainly intended to believe that he is, but I'd say it's still spec for now.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 3:38 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Whoah! The magic funnel superimposed on the "Mister Y" symbol! That stirs up some speculation ... that I shall not speak about here.

THAT is an amazing catch!! I noticed the white background shape at the bottom, but didn't notice the entire thing. That is definitely cool, that the magic funnel is a creation of his.
I wonder what his actual role is in all of this. Being an undead lich, he doesn't seem like he would be on the good side. Yet...he did have a fondness for Edda and protected her. And he didn't seem to be in a rush to free K'Z'K all the times he had a chance. So, who knows. He must have something else in mind.

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:21 pm 
Right you are, Lord Golbez. The bug has gotten out one way or another more than three times, but there are three specific times, gwynn-related, that are significant in my mind, and I assumed the readers' minds, and I kept hearing that bug say "third time's a charm" in my head. Yes I can hear my characters sometimes. Anywho I've now retconned it to be "three-ish" to allow some necessary ambiguity. ;)

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 2:43 am 
Pete wrote:
Right you are, Lord Golbez. The bug has gotten out one way or another more than three times, but there are three specific times, gwynn-related, that are significant in my mind, and I assumed the readers' minds, and I kept hearing that bug say "third time's a charm" in my head. Yes I can hear my characters sometimes. Anywho I've now retconned it to be "three-ish" to allow some necessary ambiguity. ;)

You can hear the Bug in your head?

Stay good Pete! :kiki:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions