Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:56 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday is optimistic...

Maybe the world ending will happen after all.

So be sure to praise our Great and Wonderful World Destroyer, Lord Poopy!

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote every day until the world (maybe) ends.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:07 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Well, the deed is done. Guess everything went according to plan, after all. And while meander was the one to complete the ceremony instead of Tombsy, she still doesn't look pleased by the turn of events.

With that said, the lighting in today's page is excellent. Love the ink work. We might only have one page a week, but it comes with great quality art.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:57 am 
Stay tuned next week, kids! Same nifty time, same nifty channel.

(Come on Pete! How about a one-framer tomorrow?!??)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:36 am 
Zillatain wrote:

So be sure to praise our Great and Wonderful World Destroyer, Lord Poopy!

Yes! There is still time to join Team Poopy-Pants! Pay no attention to those other teams lest you feel the full weight of Poopy-Pants' wrath.

Nice artwork today. The flash of light overwhelming everything else looks just like what happens when you're close to a lightning strike from a storm. Anyone have a Stormbreaker handy?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:32 am 
Wasn't Wilcott's hat already on the floor from the previous strip when he was shoved in to the funnel?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:46 am 
Ack! You are correct. I had two versions of the panel layout and inked the wrong pencils. I'll erase the hat in a little bit.

A short time later... FIXED!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:45 am 
Well that's freaking ominous!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:09 pm 
Amazing!

Horrifying!

Horrifyingly amazing!

Great job Pete!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:03 pm 
Wow! Just wow!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:22 pm 
Eep!

(And more praise for the great artwork!)

GUIGUI wrote:
Well, the deed is done. Guess everything went according to plan, after all. And while meander was the one to complete the ceremony instead of Tombsy, she still doesn't look pleased by the turn of events.

I am not sure what you mean by 'complete' since it was Tombsy that shoved Wilcott into the sacrifice circle... The actual release of K'Z'K is not Chilus' first choice, but she will accept and support it (as she did in The Release). And she did sacrifice so many of her demon followers...

But the release of K'Z'K is Skip's first choice. Yet he looks concerned/unhappy - I would think he'd be thrilled. Did a demon actually have an emotional connection to Wilcott??

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:44 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
swmartian wrote:
Eep!

(And more praise for the great artwork!)

GUIGUI wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by 'complete' since it was Tombsy that shoved Wilcott into the sacrifice circle... The actual release of K'Z'K is not Chilus' first choice, but she will accept and support it (as she did in The Release). And she did sacrifice so many of her demon followers...

But the release of K'Z'K is Skip's first choice. Yet he looks concerned/unhappy - I would think he'd be thrilled. Did a demon actually have an emotional connection to Wilcott??

In a previous thread, it was pointed out that Chilus had taken the place of Tombsy behind the Book.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:45 am 
Great artwork, even if it means an infuriating wait for next week! We accept and support Pete's ongoing efforts to catch up, even though they delay Lord Poopy Pants's inevitable torrential release.

By the way, there seems to be a pattern in the layout of the last few strips that gives hints on their layout in print (eventually). I suspect we're getting some pretty nifty visuals next week!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:32 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
swmartian wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:

In a previous thread, it was pointed out that Chilus had taken the place of Tombsy behind the Book.

Ah. Right. Thank you for the clarification. I am unsure that her position actually counts as completion, but she should definitely have a front-row seat to whatever else occurs now. Depending, of course, on whether Torg follows through with taking anyone out with a charged Chaz...

Ooooh. He couldn't charge Chaz during The Release. So we never got to find out whether Chaz can kill K'Z'K. If he could, what would that do to the Omega pillar?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:32 am 
swmartian wrote:
Ooooh. He couldn't charge Chaz during The Release. So we never got to find out whether Chaz can kill K'Z'K. If he could, what would that do to the Omega pillar?

A niftysearch indicates that was the only time the omega pillar was mentioned...in that spelling, at least ;) Pete was clever to overshadow that foreshadowing with such a wonderful premonition of doom!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:43 pm 
For some reason, it wasn't until today (when I re-read last week in prep for this week) that I noticed Tombsy's apology as she mercilessly pushed Wilcott to his death.
Not that it provided much comfort... and boy, Riff looks like you do not want to be in his way today.

This lighting is fire. That bit with Sam and Torg in the air... does Torg have goggles on?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions