Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:46 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Kajin wrote:
How a Spark ends hasn't exactly been concretely defined, I don't think. The only qualification I seem to recall is that *most* life has to end for a Spark to reach a formal conclusion. We've seen before that small numbers of sapients (the gods) and even self sustaining populations in isolation can continue long after their particular spark has ended (the dinosaurs).

The Strakoi probably do indeed have a small population of human servitors on standby to serve as a self sustaining blood factory in the event of apocalypse. If they have one human serving them the probably have many more.

I think the one trend that has been more or less established is that a spark contain life form that are sentient enough to be able to summon magical creatures such a as demons and it ends when such life-form is whipped out.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-04-09

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:34 pm 
Dublex wrote:
Been lurk following sluggy for years since 2000s and all I can say is well, snap.

Welcome!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:36 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Kajin wrote:
How a Spark ends hasn't exactly been concretely defined, I don't think. The only qualification I seem to recall is that *most* life has to end for a Spark to reach a formal conclusion. We've seen before that small numbers of sapients (the gods) and even self sustaining populations in isolation can continue long after their particular spark has ended (the dinosaurs).

The Strakoi probably do indeed have a small population of human servitors on standby to serve as a self sustaining blood factory in the event of apocalypse. If they have one human serving them the probably have many more.

I think the one trend that has been more or less established is that a spark contain life form that are sentient enough to be able to summon magical creatures such a as demons and it ends when such life-form is whipped out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Strakoi, Tombsy, and the demon cult don't actually understand what it means for a spark to end. My guess is they think there's some way to keep themselves and whoever they choose safe even though that's something we've only seen Prozoato capable of doing.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:12 am 
vanRT wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
Kajin wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Strakoi, Tombsy, and the demon cult don't actually understand what it means for a spark to end. My guess is they think there's some way to keep themselves and whoever they choose safe even though that's something we've only seen Prozoato capable of doing.

Good point; their main source would be Kizke, and he has been known to fudge the truth a little here and there.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:18 pm 
That is an excellent point. I couldn't understand how Ms. Tomb, the Strakoi, etc thought they were going to survive the end of the spark. I get the impression it's not a survivable event unless Prozoato or at least Khronus removes you from the world-ending phase. I'd bet Poopy fed 'em a line of BS and told them he'd save them a seat at the post-spark table.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:16 pm 
Wilcott is the one that confuses me the most. Theoretically, the scroll (from the previous release) gave him the idea that as the descendant of a 'god,' not only would he be spared from the ending of the spark but so would his family, including Riff and his goddaughter. But K'Z'K made it damn clear during the last release that he felt no compulsion to fulfill any such 'obligation' and was going to destroy "Riffy" anyway. So Wilcott decides to try again?? I feel bad for Riff, but Wilcott basically deserved his fate.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:14 am 
Kizke showed in Egypt that he would spare Riff as agreed. But Riff refused, and Kizke said okay then.

Regarding who can survive a spark, it seems to be more than just who Prozoato protects. We don't even know if he stayed around to protect the people from his city. They walked through the desert and then found the people of Egypt, who they merged with. Those people had never been mentioned by Prozoato.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:32 am 
The only thing that confuses me is that Lady Tomb is concerned for the life of things for miles around, when she's literally bringing the end of the spark - wouldn't that kill that life but also in a global manner? So the "how could you?!?" is quite odd for me.
Another Q (I might have missed it along the way) - due to all the magics/fate magic stuff, could her mother be Sin'Thea La'Mort?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:25 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Regarding who can survive a spark, it seems to be more than just who Prozoato protects. We don't even know if he stayed around to protect the people from his city. They walked through the desert and then found the people of Egypt, who they merged with. Those people had never been mentioned by Prozoato.

The fall of Mokhadun was not the end of the spark. That was thwarted by the god squad.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:48 pm 
Right. It seemed that the "end of the spark" that K'z'k was working on was very localized to Mohkadun. Maybe it would have spread out from there, but they were just getting started on it when Zoe and Dunuloa's egg put the kibosh on K'z'k's return.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions