Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:34 am 
Ophidiophile wrote:
Destruction of the world by the demon Poopy Pants has been cancelled by a sh*t show. How delightfully ironic.

Not cancelled. The inevitable and inescapable victory of the indomitable Lord Poopy-Pants is just slightly delayed due to conditions on the field.

He at least has to get out long enough to end Silverwalker's puns!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:37 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Kira should read her audience better. Especially when the enemy can simply page a powerful witch. Now she needs to run for cover. Or book a flight out of there.

Your dogge(are)d commitment to the bit is inspiring.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:37 am 
Lady Tomb looks pissed. Just wait til she realizes that Kira did that at the Bug's urging

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:48 am 
Locke000 wrote:
Lady Tomb looks pissed. Just wait til she realizes that Kira did that at the Bug's urging

One wonders if that will come up -- and yes, what the effect will be.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:21 pm 
Sometimes I think The Great Tangle MUUUST be of Pete’s making. Pete is poopypants.

Like, literal walls, or even hallways of characters, connected by strings, stating connections. This is why comics are late. If he doesn’t mission impossible his way to and from his desk each day, the whole house will come down. The commute must be awful.

…incidentally, this must make going to the bathroom really tricky. I see why K’Z’k got renamed now.

I love a good origin story.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:40 am 
garyfritz wrote:
Not sure, but it looks like Riff's shot goes BEHIND Kira.

Note that Riff's "Zappo" goes behind Kira on one side, but does not emerge on the other. I think Riff hit his target, who is behind Kira.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:50 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Bolger wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

Note that Riff's "Zappo" goes behind Kira on one side, but does not emerge on the other. I think Riff hit his target, who is behind Kira.

I thin it simply goes behind the trees-line.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:56 pm 
Bolger wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

Examine the "zappo" shot, which goes from Kira's shoulder to the edge of the comic. The beam is narrowest at Kira's shoulder and widens as it gets to the edge of the comic. That widening suggests that the shot originated behind Kira. Riff must be located behind Kira, and grazing her thumb was a precision shot.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:16 am 
swmartian wrote:
Bolger wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

Examine the "zappo" shot, which goes from Kira's shoulder to the edge of the comic. The beam is narrowest at Kira's shoulder and widens as it gets to the edge of the comic. That widening suggests that the shot originated behind Kira. Riff must be located behind Kira, and grazing her thumb was a precision shot.

Thanks! You're right! I went back to the Jan. 18 aerial view, and saw that Riff is hidden in the trees behind the tall demon seating, which is behind Kira.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:02 pm 
That's an art error (failed fill under the chain) in panel 2, right? Maybe it's because I keep forgetting we're on a once a week update schedule and so have looked at this page multiple times, but its definitely bothering me despite being such a minor and unimportant thing, hah.

Also not sure how I'm supposed to be reading Riff's shot, hopefully we'll know soon.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:50 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
GlyphGryph wrote:
That's an art error (failed fill under the chain) in panel 2, right? Maybe it's because I keep forgetting we're on a once a week update schedule and so have looked at this page multiple times, but its definitely bothering me despite being such a minor and unimportant thing, hah.

Also not sure how I'm supposed to be reading Riff's shot, hopefully we'll know soon.

Oh yeah, I see it too. Damn you. Now I can't unsee it.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:55 pm 
swmartian wrote:

Yup I think you're right. I can't tell where Riff is shooting from, but it does look like the shot came from behind Kira. I think he was "encouraging" her to drop his dad.

I don't see the art error in panel 2, though...

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:40 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
garyfritz wrote:
I don't see the art error in panel 2, though...

It's just a small miscolored section right above the small of Kira's back.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:34 am 
garyfritz wrote:
swmartian wrote:

Yup I think you're right. I can't tell where Riff is shooting from, but it does look like the shot came from behind Kira. I think he was "encouraging" her to drop his dad.

There's a 4-pointed "flash" just to the left of Kira that I think is the muzzle-flash from Riff's laser. That's my headcanon, at least. :riff:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:14 pm 
It's not really important one way or another, but ... I think if that was the muzzle-flash from Riff's laser cannon, the beam would have originated from that spot instead of appearing behind Kira's shoulder. But whatevs.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions