Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:37 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Who would win in a fight? Riff's scienceness or Wednesday's dayness? We may never know, but we can speculate wildly with no regard for logic.

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:56 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
It might upset demons, but it also make for a fashionable design to put on your purse too.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:47 am 
Interesting to have them categorized

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:03 am 
So for example Chilus and Skip are manifestors, while Ozzid and Olebelle are emergent. I'm not sure if we have seen any of the possessor type. Some of the most minor characters in the cult might be possessors. It's hard to know whether a demon is unable to manifest or just not doing it at the moment.

There does not seem to be any correlation between type of demon and strength of will, as both the weakest and the strongest demon we know are emergent. Nor does the type seem to determine status, as the highest-ranking demons in the cult are of the intermediate type.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:45 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
There does not seem to be any correlation between type of demon and strength of will, as both the weakest and the strongest demon we know are emergent.

Who are you assuming the weakest to be?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:46 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Almost completely unrelated, but the spell to make Zoe possession-proof was cast on her before she was copy/pasted into a new body. Yet, the spell remains.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:09 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
There does not seem to be any correlation between type of demon and strength of will, as both the weakest and the strongest demon we know are emergent.

Ozzid is so weak-willed that he can't even dominate Kiki. Have you heard of any demon weaker than he is?

GUIGUI wrote:
Almost completely unrelated, but the spell to make Zoe possession-proof was cast on her before she was copy/pasted into a new body. Yet, the spell remains.

If you're thinking of the 4U City magical medical nanites, they didn't build a new body for Zoë. They repaired her existing body.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:46 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
(...)

GUIGUI wrote:

If you're thinking of the 4U City magical medical nanites, they didn't build a new body for Zoë. They repaired her existing body.

Yeah, you are correct.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:54 pm 
Hmm. Demon-possessed Aylee is keeping her distance from the calligraphy lesson and has yet to walk past the wall poster ward.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:00 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:

Ozzid is so weak-willed that he can't even dominate Kiki. Have you heard of any demon weaker than he is?

He never tried to dominate Kiki. That was a mutual possession with Ozzid taking the back seat to help Kiki out of the volcano and to let her have some fun.

We've never actually seen him try to be aggressive, and Poopypants even trusted Ozzid to hide the book, as far as I can remember (don't want to go strip hunting).

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:49 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

He never tried to dominate Kiki. That was a mutual possession with Ozzid taking the back seat to help Kiki out of the volcano and to let her have some fun.

We've never actually seen him try to be aggressive, and Poopypants even trusted Ozzid to hide the book, as far as I can remember (don't want to go strip hunting).

According to Quintus, who certainly overpowered Ozzid, he is "Quite the weak and foolish imp".
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-02-02

Also, Ozzid has freely admitted to his own weakness.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2022-03-16

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:00 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
...while Ozzid and Olebelle are emergent.

See, now I interpreted the explanation to infer that Ozzid and Olebelle are mere possessors. But I see where you interpreted them as emergent. I do not think Pete intended them to be thought of as "emergent" since they - at least Ozzid - are weak-willed demons and do not possess those strengths. And Sharon described emergent as rare. Ozzid and Olebelle appear to be "common" demons.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:22 pm 
eldion wrote:
According to Quintus, who certainly overpowered Ozzid, he is "Quite the weak and foolish imp".
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-02-02

Also, Ozzid has freely admitted to his own weakness.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2022-03-16

I mean, that's Quintus' opinion. And Ozzid is saying that ALL demons are weak to that call.

I'd still like to think there's something more to Ozzid that's yet to unfold, but I suppose sometimes looks aren't deceiving. We haven't really seen him in serious action yet, so I don't know how to assess him.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:13 am 
Ozzid does seem to be emergent. He carried the book without a host. Based on the definitions provided that makes him emergent. Most of the demons we've seen appear to at least be manifestors. The bug is obviously emergent but he's more than a mere demon anyway.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:07 am 
Ozzid seems apathetic towards just about everything around him (except for Kiki).

When he went to the volcano, he put himself back in his old cage and slept -- of his own free will -- for a veeeery long time.

I hope he gets his own chapter :)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions