Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:35 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday wants to remind everybody to wish Pete a happy birthday on the 4th. Almost half of his life has been doing this webcomic.

Is that impressive or pathetic? Well...what will you choose?

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day. Pete's not getting any younger.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:05 am 
Impressive!

Also, WTF???? Aylee has been possessed by Lacey!?!?!?!? SINCE WHEN????

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:06 am 
Happy early birthday, Pete! Been reading Sluggy since 2000-ish after my brother told me about it (he discovered it right around the beginning, when he got to college and got internet access). God, I feel old.
(Turned 39 last month).

So Aaylee is or is about to be demon-possessed??? Stay good, Aaylee! Is this why she's been such a bitca to Torg lately? Or was her being a bitca before what allowed the demon to sneak in? (If pop culture has taught me anything, it's that demons get us when we're most vulnerable so someone who's already having a lot of big angry feelings about a friend--i.e. Aaylee's recent blowup at Torg--would be prime suspect for a demon to put up a "just rented!" sign).

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:07 am 
Jade_rust wrote:
Impressive!

Also, WTF???? Aylee has been possessed by Lacey!?!?!?!? SINCE WHEN????

ALSO THAT TOO! Please tell me I didn't somehow miss that this has a been a thing since like 2018 :aylee:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:11 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
So THAT'S where Lacey is.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PETE!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:12 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Possessed Aylee?!?! When did this happen!?

Probably while the rest of the gang was in the Anima dimension.

This does explain how the demons found the gang again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PETE!!!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:13 am 
She "lost Gwynn"? Just how long has Lacey been possessing Aylee? And if it was before her last transformation, I'm surprised she didn't evolve an immunity to possession.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:26 am 
I thought Pete's birthday was yesterday? Well. If not, happy birthday again, but tomorrow, Pete!

Also, who specced Aylee being possessed? Internet points to you!

Edit: Or is it today, as I'm writing this? Well, whatever. You're an old boy, Pete. A very good old boy.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:55 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
What the hecking heck. Gosh dang it Aylee! How could you? AAAAAAAHHHHH!

As an aside; I guess Riff was right about Aylee dooming humanity. But in a weird round-about way.

"Crush her like a bug." DUDE! Inappropriate. That is not Politically Correct.

Aylee wants to be a human? Disgusting. Weak. Old Aylee would never stoop so low. Humans are to be masticated, not emulated!!

I greatly appreciate the irony that Aylee (who was originally a not-xenomorph birthed from a "Face" Hugger) is possessed by what appears to be a type of Tarantula Hawk (Parasitoid Wasp
). AKA, the mega evil bug that injects eggs into tarantulas (or sometimes caterpillars, etc) who grow and burst forth from the host's guts which kill them.
That can't be a coincidence.

Torg left his cell phone in his car. Dang. At least he didn't forget to charge it like last time.

Last edited by endplanets on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:00 am 
I just want to use a huge exclamation mark! That was completely unexpected. I can see how she's been sowing discord purposefully.

I need to reread recent years in light of this!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:20 am 
So I write a headline at 10pm and date it accurately as august 2nd but assume most will read it on the 3rd, so when I wrote "tomorrow" I meant the 4th. August 4th is my birthday. But that's OK, I'm still thoroughly soaking in those "happy birthday" wishes.

8/3 2pm Edit: changed the headline update to "8/3/22" to marginally increase the statement's accuracy.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:25 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Lord Golbez wrote:
She "lost Gwynn"? Just how long has Lacey been possessing Aylee? And if it was before her last transformation, I'm surprised she didn't evolve an immunity to possession.

Actually yea. She evolved immunity to the hive mind when she went to the 'alien-zombie' dimension and got an armored head. I guess her current armored body that doesn't work against demons. Or voluntary stuff.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:00 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Well, that's one I didn't saw coming... And that explains a few things... Might count as spec, but it seems like Lacey is actually relying on feeling Aylee really has. Also, I am quite curious to see what her next evolution will be, seeing it tends to adapt to previous emotions.

I don't know when she was possessed, but I'd say it was how Chilus's agents were able to find Gwynn and the gang so easily

side note, but aren't you a bit too old to be in an emo phase, Tombsy?

Last edited by GUIGUI on Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:04 am 
Happy birthday, Pete! May the Artist live a long and happy life.

Argh, Aylee! So that's why she was acting that way outside the bookstore, she was stalling them.

Also, that random Lacey reference made me want to read Stick-Figures in SPACE! again.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:42 am 
Nice story work, Pete! And happy day to you. It seems a lot of people were upset at Aylee's behavior toward Torg, which seemed to be very hostile and come out of nowhere ... but 'Skincell' called it. That wasn't Aylee. And now Sharon about to spill the tea on 'something the demons would love to know' in front of her.

I thought Lacey was going to be put in Zoe or Gwynn, but then realized Zoe is possession-proof and Gwynn already has a few passengers.

The coming of Poopy-Pants is unstoppable. I'm going to start carrying my pair of Emergency Pants(TM) everywhere now.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions