Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:39 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday is sorry for the lackadaisical way yesterday handled its job. It will be dragged out back and shot in the capital letter.

Friday is honored to give you a proper place your fanciful reactions to Mr. Abrams webcomic.

Just be sure to place any of your speculation in the proper forum. Otherwise I will have to hunt you down and slit your... Well. Enjoy the strip.

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:09 am 
"I think I'm supposed to be here"
Fate spider probably agrees with you.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:43 am 
There's the fate spider there! And Aylee really didn't know the gravity of the situation. I guess they haven't had much time to deliver the whole story while dealing with all those interpersonal communication issues... No wonder Torg is angry!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:24 am 
I found Torg bizarrely relatable here.

I may just be projecting a bit, but I tend to have an attitude similar to Torg's here when in similar circumstances. You're in a situation that isn't your fault, this aggravates you. The people you love are under threat from it, now you're getting annoyed. The situation is out of control, you're a wee bit miffed. You have a plan to bring it back under control as long as no one contradicts you, the anger subsides. Everyone except two people completely dismiss the plan because of past (real or perceived) incompetence and wrongdoing, now you're coming back to irritated. The other's interference causes the worst-case scenario to unfold, it's seething rage time.

Torg's life has come crashing down around him multiple times, in at least a few cases literally. Most of these were not entirely self-inflicted. Oasis? He just wanted to go to Dollywood. Hereti-Corp? That was Riff's old job. Aylee? Followed him from another dimension. Gwynn? Grabbed the book after Torg and Riff were done playing (safely, I might add) with it.

Torg has had his world (in some cases literally) fall apart around him. Most of what he is currently facing is because of the actions of others, but they affect him and Zoe regardless. And that's what gets him.

I'd write some more but it's 1:24 am as I type this and the tired is frying my brain. I'm not even sure if this is entirely coherent.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:36 am 
Toenails42 wrote:

That's true, but where Zoё comes into this? She's not a sentimental photo, she's a real person.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:43 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
VcSaJen wrote:
Toenails42 wrote:

That's true, but where Zoё comes into this? She's not a sentimental photo, she's a real person.

Pretty sure Torg don't think of her as a photo, right now.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:41 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
There's the fate spider there!

Yup, as soon as I saw the title of Sharon's book I started looking and spotted the little guy! Looking forward to see what part 'this' Sharon Gall is fated to play in the inevitable victory of Poopy Pants.

His victory *is* inevitable, right?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:45 am 
Torg is right, they can be troublesome. If Zoë dies after this, how can he ever talk to Aylee again? Maybe she could have stopped them by going to the other side of the building. On the other hand, I guess she wouldn't be affected by the sleep gas either, so if he had let her enter the building they'd also be safe.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:03 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
It actually was a conga-line of blameable dudes messing with Torg.
Trevor is mean.
Bun-Bun didn't stop the bad guys.
Aylee did stop the good guys.
Riff had the audacity to have a Riff's dad as his dad.
Gwynn consorted with demons.
Everybody betray me. I fed up with this world!

Dig the spiders.

I wonder if the demons bought the sleepy gas from the same place Torg bought his. Or rather, if its the same formula as Riff's.

I can't tell if Sharon's purse has cool little symbols on it or if its just the buckle and wrinkles.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:14 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Whether Gwynn met an impostor or not, I think this is the real Sharon Gall, especially because of the fate spiders. (Did you all notice that there are two of them present?) I hope somebody will mention Gwynn so Sharon can confirm or deny that she knows Gwynn.

She has a copy of Fate-Magic, but it needn't be the one that Gwynn got from Schlock. That book was published so there should be many copies.

One of the symbols on Sharon's bag is strikingly similar to the one on the counter in the book store, best seen here.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:33 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Torg is right, they can be troublesome. If Zoë dies after this, how can he ever talk to Aylee again? Maybe she could have stopped them by going to the other side of the building. On the other hand, I guess she wouldn't be affected by the sleep gas either, so if he had let her enter the building they'd also be safe.

The trap would have failed had anyone been watching through the window.

I also find it interesting that Bunbun was out for mere moments. Cult of Poopypants probably doesn't want their prisoners waking up immediately after transport, especially with Gwynn and her magic powers.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:09 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Mathel wrote:
(...)

I also find it interesting that Bunbun was out for mere moments. (...)

There has been several precedents that Bun-bun can be affected with by narcotics.
Effects might vary, though.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:29 am 
VcSaJen wrote:
Toenails42 wrote:

Zoё is the Stormbreaker. Kidnapping her is the single stupidest thing they could have done.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:55 am 
Did Torg take Chaz with him when he flew off?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:06 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Did Torg take Chaz with him when he flew off?

I think the question is whether Torg took Chaz with him on this trip? The last time I saw Chaz was when he was last snarking at Torg in the hotel room.

Rombobjörn wrote:
...the fate spiders. (Did you all notice that there are two of them present?)

Whoops. I actually did not. I originally only saw the one by Sharon, not the one on her car. Good catch! (to endplanets as well, since he/she used the plural, I assume he/she caught both as well)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions