Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:10 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Surprise, surprise. It's Wednesday's day to shine again.

BOW DOWN TO WEDNESDAY YOU PATHETIC MORTALS! MUAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

----------
Pray to Sluggy Freelance at Top Wednesday Comics.
Please remember to prostrate yourself each day.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:08 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Open foot, insert Torg.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:38 am 
Torg is proving Aylee right. Yeah, it's serious. That doesn't mean helping = do whatever Torg wants. Torg's not even the one most affected by this, so maybe he should take a step back instead of telling everyone what to do.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:46 am 
Welp. Torg has been the commander in combat situations since the R&D wars. Of course, Aylee was not with them at the time.

So when Torg naturally assumed the role again, she gets angry. They really should have talked this through before going on a mission.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:05 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Stay good Aylee.
But yea, Torg is right. There is time to talk and then there is being in an active fight scene. She knows Torg has been the leader and should have brought it up BEFORE being within earshot of cultist.

Also, ironically. this form has a moderately sized brain. Her not-Xenomorph, Flower, big potato-eating head, and of course, giant mountain, had massively huge brains.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:31 am 
Aylee is my fave character and this brought me out of my lurking to comment that I really am not enjoying this current character arc of hers.

Been a downhill slide since she became human-like, but it's like urgh, I can't deal with your poop.

I miss dragon Aylee.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:42 am 
Now I get why Aylee's species decided eating humanity was probably the best choice. Here's hoping Torg is still using dandruff shampoo.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:42 am 
Mathel wrote:
Welp. Torg has been the commander in combat situations since the R&D wars. Of course, Aylee was not with them at the time.

So when Torg naturally assumed the role again, she gets angry. They really should have talked this through before going on a mission.

My thoughts as well. Torg comes into his own in these moments, but then his absorption in the strategy leaves him blind to the internal or interpersonal conflicts that his companions are dealing with... Often until too late.

It seems that this is something they have to deal with now in order to move forward.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:05 am 
Bad Aylee! Maybe it's a werewolf form?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:23 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
It seems that this is something they have to deal with now in order to move forward.

I'm getting some serious ...what's her name vibes? Demon that bit off Sam's head?

Yeah. Those kind of vibes. Don't look down, Torg.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:08 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
I'm getting some serious ...what's her name vibes? Demon that bit off Sam's head?
Yeah. Those kind of vibes. Don't look down, Torg.

That would be Agent Gnaw. Not sure if it's that bad, but I do agree, I am NOT liking Aylee at this point. I understand she might have some bitterness and resentment, but this seems to be going a bit too far. Her and Torg REALLY need to have a discussion. Aylee and Gwynn have no idea what Torg has really been through, and what he is capable of. Even Riff and the rest of the team undervalues him. Thinking he doesn't understand just how bad monsters are (because he is friends with Sam), when he fullys know well, having lost Other Zoe to them in the Dimension of Lame invasion.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:11 pm 
NUKLEARAXIS wrote:
Aylee is my fave character and this brought me out of my lurking to comment that I really am not enjoying this current character arc of hers.

Been a downhill slide since she became human-like, but it's like urgh, I can't deal with your poop.

I miss dragon Aylee.

I agree. I have loved how she has grown and become a kick-butt character in her own right. I loved her last form, looking almost human-like with the wings. That was the best, I think. I do NOT like this new one. And I hate how she is acting now. I can understand that she felt abandoned and rejected for two years, and misunderstood Torg's treatment of her. But they really need to talk. and Gwynn just p'sses me off.
:torg: :aylee: :gwynn:
(when are we going to get updated icons, that look more like their recent characters?)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:42 am 
These characters seem to be terrible at communicating with one another.

I'm reminded of Torg's first botched proposal to Zoe in the anima dimension, when he unilaterally decided to offer her anima surgery. Dude, how did you not notice your girlfriend was opposed to it in principle? Why would you think this was something she'd want?

And how does Riff as of three comics ago still not realize that his best friend since middle school cares about his survival?

And nobody has yet thought to ask Aylee why she's angry at Torg?

Once these people are done saving the world again, they need group therapy.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:35 pm 
I mean, I welcome their stupid flaws. Would be pretty boring otherwise!

If they ever go to counciling, I hope the building gets blown up, someone gets eaten, they break out the early Simpsons electroshock-style therapy.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions