Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2022 11:33 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday feels like a pencil eraser has been used to smooth out its mind. So certain, there was something important it wanted to tell you... But it is gone.

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:12 am 
Well. That seemed oddly anti-climactic.

Oh wow. My first first-post ever!

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:15 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Bas just saved her sidekicks' lives.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:29 am 
The heck Bun-Bun. I thought he was gonna use the leverage to get her help for revenge on the groundhog shadow or has he completely given up on that forever?

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 2:53 am 
I love seeing Bun-Bun actually get to make a power play, especially now that we know why he's a badass. I feel like he's been sidelined for a long while now.

Quote:
The heck Bun-Bun. I thought he was gonna use the leverage to get her help for revenge on the groundhog shadow or has he completely given up on that forever?

And this is also my thought. We got to see him get all squinty-eyed at the dagger that (allegedly) killed his mother (as per the episode where everyone was stuck in the realm of shadows), but that plotline seems to have been dropped altogether. With that said, I'm only mildly disappointed over it, since Pete has a massive amount of ground to cover and a weaver's loom full of loose ends; he'd have to be a God of Power himself to get 100% of them tied off.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:33 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:

He might not want incompetent and disobedient underlings getting in the way.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:45 am 
That last panel is quite significant! I don't see it as anticlimactic though. It's quite a beginning (or re-beginning). And it's clear that Bun-bun has something he needs to take care of or look into first. Slightly more specific thoughts in spec!

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:58 am 
Also, good job Frog and Aylee!

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:09 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Frog is such a victorious hero. :-Þ

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:23 am 
Well, he certainly told her what's what! No one but Bun-Bun can be so cute and terrifying at the same time.

Upstaging Frog after his great victory with the bread knife!

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:53 am 
VoxAdActa wrote:
We got to see him get all squinty-eyed at the dagger that (allegedly) killed his mother (as per the episode where everyone was stuck in the realm of shadows), but that plotline seems to have been dropped altogether.

I mean, that dagger has recently been resurfaced during the temporarily return of Poopypants. Pretty sure he went all squity-eyed at it again, if anyone cares to look for the ref.

As for the shadow (and miss sunshine here), it's probably too much trouble and not worth the effort to get tangled up with holidays again.

He's also the God of Naps.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 5:51 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I'mma just go ahead and say that I'm #TeamPumpkinHeadedKingOfHalloween XP

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 6:22 pm 
VoxAdActa wrote:
I love seeing Bun-Bun actually get to make a power play, especially now that we know why he's a badass. I feel like he's been sidelined for a long while now.

Quote:

And this is also my thought. We got to see him get all squinty-eyed at the dagger that (allegedly) killed his mother (as per the episode where everyone was stuck in the realm of shadows), but that plotline seems to have been dropped altogether. With that said, I'm only mildly disappointed over it, since Pete has a massive amount of ground to cover and a weaver's loom full of loose ends; he'd have to be a God of Power himself to get 100% of them tied off.

Oh I'm not sure it has been dropped. You would have to go back to Mokhadun where we saw that dagger and listen real close to who Symachus says was responsible for the previous spark ending.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:36 am 
VoxAdActa wrote:

Oh, good point. She knows he is a god, or used to be. Aside from the fact that he managed to gather all the holidays under his reign, there's the godhood. She is the avatar of a goddess, the reverence should come naturally for her. Plus, he could beat her up.

Would her fear power work on him? I bet he'd consider it irrelevant.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:48 am 
Silverwalker wrote:

Would her fear power work on him? I bet he'd consider it irrelevant.

She used it on Bun-Bun when he first came to claim Halloween, and it didn't even slow him down. Fear just makes him fight more.

Granted, so does love, hate, pathos, despair, annoyance, joy, anger, sadness, and the mere existence of telemarketers in this Spark.

Rombobjörn wrote:
Frog is such a victorious hero. :-Þ

If Corsica had been there to witness his bravery she would have swooned into his arms, I'm sure.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions