Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:42 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday showed up faster than it was expecting.

-----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 6:15 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Yes, Aylee! The whole group is now coming together.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 8:49 am 
As everyone was expecting, cliffhanger was followed by a diversion, but the diversion was great and moved things along, and then we got ANOTHER cliffhanger.

Well played Pete.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:36 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Unless I am mistake, they still are all in the same room. I don't see how Gwynn or even Basphomy would allow them to do them arm. But if Bunbun and Aylee are about to enter the room too, It might result in a mess where no one get to communicate properly.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:48 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Oh, a previously unknown rule about how Chaz can get a new master! But that seems to not be the whole truth. Torg didn't give Chaz to Oasis, but it called her master anyway.

Considering that Chaz was thrown out into the desert, and has at times had tea with mountains for decades, it seems to me that there must be a way to become the new master of an ownerless Chaz, probably by just picking it up.

What does it mean to be Chaz' master anyway, beyond being addressed as "master"? We know that Chaz can improve its master's combat skill. Does it perhaps not do that when wielded by someone other than the current master?

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 2:37 pm 
The Chaz rules seem inconsistent. Farahn became Chaz's master even though he didn't slay Satan, nor was Chaz given willingly.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-01-29

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:40 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
(...)

What does it mean to be Chaz' master anyway, beyond being addressed as "master"? We know that Chaz can improve its master's combat skill. Does it perhaps not do that when wielded by someone other than the current master?

Pretty sure that's how it is.

choatie88 wrote:
The Chaz rules seem inconsistent. Farahn became Chaz's master even though he didn't slay Satan, nor was Chaz given willingly.

He gave the sword by throwing it away. Or maybe it was never truly Farahn's.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:02 pm 
Yep, my brain let me down again. Let me do a deeper dive into my notes on Chaz before correcting the "Chaz Rules" as you are to understand them. Hopefully this will be done before the Thursday comic.

Also Gwynn and Basphomy are not in the same room as the rest. I tried to indicate this with the lack of dragon-barking noises around Basphomy and Gwynn, as well as trying to establish them being in the same side room that Riff and Zoe used when discussing possessed-Kiki away from Kiki and the rest of the gang.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:03 pm 
Yikes! Stay alive, Torg!

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:40 am 
I was just assuming that Chaz, as the embodiment of a negative plane demiurge of death (or whatever he/she/it/they are), just tells whatever story it wants to in the moment. No reason at all to expect 'Utter truth telling' to have been forged into it's mystic iron. It *is* sentient, after all.

As for sitting unused for centuries and then getting a new master -- the "rules" would have to account for getting a new boss when the old one dies of natural causes before getting the chance to give it to someone else.

choatie88 wrote:

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:14 am 
*cough*Satin*cough*

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:27 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Pete wrote:
Also Gwynn and Basphomy are not in the same room as the rest.

I hadn't understood that. After scrutinizing the panels, I see now that the table with the knife has a tablecloth and the table with the books does not. I thought they were the same table until I noticed that.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:06 am 
Good news (For me at least)! No need to retcon the comic. It stands as is, although I rephrased the ref links below the comic.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions