Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:31 am 
Krigg was explicitly identified as Zeus early in the current chapter during the backstory with Quint. How much of the stories about Zeus are true of Krigg though is another matter. I'm just saying that to the extent there is a real Zeus in the Sluggy universe, it appears to be the Krigg.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:29 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
Krigg was explicitly identified as Zeus early in the current chapter during the backstory with Quint. How much of the stories about Zeus are true of Krigg though is another matter. I'm just saying that to the extent there is a real Zeus in the Sluggy universe, it appears to be the Krigg.

What? Where? Link? Also, if Zeus "went away", while the Yule celebration and father Christmas remained, it would indicate the Krigg was not Zeus.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:39 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:

The only time Zeus has ever been mentioned by name is on that 12/14/2003 strip. The Krig was confirmed to be Tinia in the https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-01-25 strip, and while Tinia was the Etruscan equivalent to Zeus, they're not necessarily the same person.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 12:17 am 
I wonder if Pete edited that, because I thought Zeus originally was named there and it's easy to see where he could have been. Regardless, I think the implication that Krig is Zeus is pretty clear there, especially when you synthesize it with other info about the Krig, such as that his Mohkadun symbol was an egg.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 2:47 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
zhecht wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

The only time Zeus has ever been mentioned by name is on that 12/14/2003 strip. The Krig was confirmed to be Tinia in the https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-01-25 strip, and while Tinia was the Etruscan equivalent to Zeus, they're not necessarily the same person.

Oh, that's right, I had forgotten that.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 9:37 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Lord Golbez wrote:
I wonder if Pete edited that, because I thought Zeus originally was named there and it's easy to see where he could have been.

Quint never mentioned Zeus. I noted at the time that Tinia is considered eqivalent to Zeus and Jupiter, so maybe that's what you remember, but that doesn't have to be correct in the Sluggyverse.

I always thought the "scullery maid" who explained the deus eggs was Zeus himself, but that's just a hint that could easily be made false by a more direct statement in a future comic.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:58 pm 
Hey all! I fixed the Hurl typo and removed the "Krik" sound effect that was supposed to be Mr. Sticks borrowed head jerking suddenly. i see how that could be easily misinterpreted as a dragon neck-snapping. No need to be more confusing. Speaking of being confusing... Zeus? Krig? no comment. :)

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:59 am 
Uh... But when you fixed the hurl typo, you left it as a statement, rather than make it the question it was intended to be.

Slowly backs out of the room before I get a ridiculously shaped knife hurled at me....

<points desperately> VVK made me say it!

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:17 pm 
If I'm not allowed to make a perfectly good typo while endeavoring to fix another typo, then when can I?!?

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:15 am 
We'll have to check with the Union.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions