Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:47 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday is going to lick your eyebrows when you're not looking.

-----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:21 am 
Looks like Bun Bun's hiding from Holidays is about to be over :bunbun:

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:21 am 
Fear of the unknown. Mundane.
Fear of his own choices. Mediocre.

What would Riff's be? Fear of disappointing? In a relationship.

And what would Bun-Bun's be? I cannot think of anything. We saw that one wielder of the book who had no fear that would make her tremble, I expect Bun-Bun would be on the same level.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:33 am 
And, Gwynn shows she doesn't need the book to have power. Something that probably is a revelation to her.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:03 am 
We've seen what happens when Basphomy attempts to use Bun-Bun's fears against him. I'm not sure she said what they were, but the gist of it is, it doesn't slow him down. Probably because Bun-Bun's response to fear, much like his response to anger, joy, and just about everything else, is violence.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:31 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Holy b@lls this was amazing! Gotta love Basphomy!

Fear of the unknown? Zoe has seen some stuff so that is mundane.
Fear of his own choices! Now that cuts deep for Torg. Dang.

Bummer we don't get to see Frog's fear. A dead Corsica, becoming dumb again, general violence against him, the proletariat raising taxes on the rich.

And we don't know if Trevor can fear.
Meanwhile a fully powered (?) Chaz is already living his worst fear.

Can't wait till/if Bun-Bun and modified Kiki see Basphomy again.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:59 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Silverwalker wrote:
(...)

And what would Bun-Bun's be? I cannot think of anything. We saw that one wielder of the book who had no fear that would make her tremble, I expect Bun-Bun would be on the same level.

Lord Golbez wrote:
We've seen what happens when Basphomy attempts to use Bun-Bun's fears against him. I'm not sure she said what they were, but the gist of it is, it doesn't slow him down. Probably because Bun-Bun's response to fear, much like his response to anger, joy, and just about everything else, is violence.

Bun-bun is afraid of losing.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2003-12-17

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:58 am 
I really need to reread the holiday chapters!

It's fascinating, in a way, to hear stated directly, what the Pete has been so skilled at showing through years of character building. To my memory, Torg has never said "I fear my own choices" directly, yet through his alternating strategic genius and goofy idiot, we see hi on strive, on the one hand, to be careful, and on the other, to be careless. Both can stem, in part) from getting beyond this fear. (Of course, Torg has many more motivations than fear, including friendship, love, loyalty, and morality, but I think this is also a part of it).

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:38 am 
I mean, Bunbuns fear is pretty convenient vs. Basphomy. He fears losing, so he has no choice but to fight. He likes to fight, and is a God of Power. Pretty win-win.

I don't remember the exact details anymore, but if anything, he probably owes her one from that last bit of advice she gave him. Even if it was just to save her own skin. er....bones? What is her black parts made out of anyway? Don't answer that. We'll all be wrong and I just want to imagine her as a grown adult wearing skeleton pajamas.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:57 am 
Why did he call the sword Chaz? Her name is CLEARLY Sass!!!

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:29 pm 
There's a lot to observe here. Where to begin?

Once upon a time, Torg's greatest fear was baby bunnies. Now it's losing another Zoë as a result of his attempts to protect her. (Proof? See the background in today's third panel.) I think we can count that as an improvement. Psyk's analysis is so not true anymore. At least he no longer fears that Oasis will kill Zoë.

Basphomy seems to want to talk to Gwynn first and foremost. That makes sense.

Chaz has no soul, but Basphomy does, even though she's a construct, if I'm reading their exchange correctly.

Chaz may not fear Basphomy, but it sure seems to fear being used to carve a cheese-fountain. (Wouldn't such a thing be cast, forged, or maybe turned, rather than carved?)

Basphomy seems to consider Trevors unworthy of her attention.

Silverwalker wrote:
What would Riff's be? Fear of disappointing? In a relationship.

Mimes. Or not. It seems like he may fear marriage even more than he fears mimes.

ramoss wrote:
And, Gwynn shows she doesn't need the book to have power. Something that probably is a revelation to her.

Or maybe Farahn opened the power valve when it seemed like Gwynn was in danger?

GUIGUI wrote:
Bun-bun is afraid of losing.

Or more accurately failing or being unable to control things.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:18 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Rombobjörn wrote:
(...)
Now it's losing another Zoë as a result of his attempts to protect her. (Proof? See the background in today's third panel.)
(...)

Damn, well spotted.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:44 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
There's a lot to observe here. Now it's losing another Zoë as a result of his attempts to protect her. (Proof? See the background in today's third panel.)

Wow! Thanks for pointing that out! Even the same posture. Sometimes, reading on my phone, I miss a few things, and that just cuts to the heart of the pathos.

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:56 am 
Spirantz wrote:
I mean, Bunbuns fear is pretty convenient vs. Basphomy. He fears losing, so he has no choice but to fight. He likes to fight, and is a God of Power. Pretty win-win.

I don't remember the exact details anymore, but if anything, he probably owes her one from that last bit of advice she gave him. Even if it was just to save her own skin. er....bones? What is her black parts made out of anyway? Don't answer that. We'll all be wrong and I just want to imagine her as a grown adult wearing skeleton pajamas.

Someone other than bunbun might fear losing and therefor refuse to fight in the first place.

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:31 am 
It's nice to finally see Basphomy in her element, rather than up against people who can match her. She can really just sweep through a place, huh

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions