Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2022 11:31 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Monday is kicking off this most wonderful of weeks!

The eggs you all unknowingly ate last week, will most likely not hatch and start devouring you from the inside as of yet. You have at least a couple of weeks until that happens. So smile! :kiki:

-----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day. Since it might be your last...

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:02 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Whoa, how is Chaz active already!?

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:08 am 
Finally, Basphomy steps into action. Been waiting for this. I was thinking the same thing about Chaz. I was wondering if it was a mistake or that's not actually Chaz and just looks remarkably like him.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:13 am 
Chaz is not newly activated. The Scribe's innocent blood activated Chaz just, roughly, a day and a half ago. Kiki's been "lost in Italy" for only two days. I know it feels like more.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:58 am 
Makes sense once it's explained. I think we just expect him to have gone inactive when we haven't heard from him in a few strips, and this is the first time there's been a bunch of "meanwhile" shown inbetween instead.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:59 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Now I wonder what is Zoe's greatest fear.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 6:10 am 
pelrun wrote:
Makes sense once it's explained. I think we just expect him to have gone inactive when we haven't heard from him in a few strips, and this is the first time there's been a bunch of "meanwhile" shown inbetween instead.

Definitely was my first thought as well to wonder (thanks, Pete -- honestly, might be worth a note under the strip). I remembered the scribe as the last activation but:
1) I had the (apparently mistaken) impression that Chaz-activation was more in the range of hours, not days [no.. that's not a code, Lt. Saavik... sit back down...], hence really didn't expect him to still be awake from that.
2) As mentioned with the "meanwhile" strips, had to assume there was something else I was forgetting after the scribe.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 6:59 am 
Wow, so much to enjoy in this strip, and so much to unpack!

Seems like Zoe and Torg should add "Let's talk about the wedding" right next to "What could possibly go wrong?" and "C'mon, what's the worst that could happen" for things to never say in the Sluggyverse.

Thanks for the Chaz clarification, Pete.

Clagger's sign is awesome: An inn advertising it's usefulness to hide in would certainly be afraid of being followed!

Trevors: In full attack mode. Torg terrified Zoe is in danger. Chaz ready to be all stabbity-stab. Random kitchen knife wiggling on it's own. Crew of holiday-monsters ready to ... I've got no idea what they're after other than they align with the moon-twin.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:13 am 
Wow! This is a perfect transition. The room is small and will get crowded quickly. The Trevors in attack mode are comfortingly intimidating!

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:38 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
SDF3 wrote:
I had the (apparently mistaken) impression that Chaz-activation was more in the range of hours, not days

That was my impression too. Maybe it depends on how much blood Chaz gets? Sometimes it has only been a few drops, and that might not be a full charge. And maybe killing demons and things makes the charge run out faster than if Chaz just talks? But this should have been quite a charge, and after a few hours or so, and no demons killed, Chaz was no longer glowing. So, um, maybe the charge lasts longer within the fate web than outside it? Or was Edda's blood of higher quality than Kusashi's?

Or maybe Chaz is still active because the script says so.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:21 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Rombobjörn wrote:
SDF3 wrote:
I had the (apparently mistaken) impression that Chaz-activation was more in the range of hours, not days

That was my impression too. Maybe it depends on how much blood Chaz gets? (...)

I was always under the impression that it was dependant of how much "innocent" the person is. the more they are, the longer it last?

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:46 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
SDF3 wrote:

That was my impression too. Maybe it depends on how much blood Chaz gets? Sometimes it has only been a few drops, and that might not be a full charge. And maybe killing demons and things makes the charge run out faster than if Chaz just talks?.

Same here, on both points.

GUIGUI wrote:
I was always under the impression that it was dependant of how much "innocent" the person is. the more they are, the longer it last?

That would make a lot of sense too. Especially, since Kusari's bloodbath didn't seem to charge Chaz for very long. Now I'm wondering what are the specific rules of Chaz's longevity of activation...

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 4:38 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:

Putting up with torg's puns for the rest of her life? :pun:

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 5:08 pm 
I mean, at least Bunbun can vouch for one of them?

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 8:44 pm 
tube_rat wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:

Putting up with torg's puns for the rest of her life? :pun:

Basphemy said, "fear of the unknown" I assume she was referring to the fear zoe was facing after being spooked

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions