Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:01 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday hopes Ozzid and Kiki become the very bestest of friends!

:kiki: :kiki: :kiki: :kiki: :kiki: :kiki:

-----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day, so Kiki isn't sad.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:22 am 
Stay good, Ozzid!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:18 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
And we are now truly back to the present. On a bit of a sad note, though, but still a bit sweet.

On a side-note, when you think about it. Could you technically consider the Roomies chapter as the clip-show episode?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:47 am 
"So you were her friend?"

"I had to be, against my will"

"So you were her family!"

Coming from a family of 8 that had a 1200 square foot house and one bathroom, I can confirm that's one of the best descriptions of 'family' I've ever read!

As for Kiki's situation ... someone get her a sandwich*, stat! And maybe a hug from Bun-Bun to warm her up. Stay good Pete, stay good!!

* Preferably a Fluffernutter made with mass-market peanut butter, which from my childhood memories is about 93.5% sugar.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:07 am 
Don’t do anything bad to Kiki!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:21 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Biscuit wrote:
"So you were her friend?"

"I had to be, against my will"

"So you were her family!"

(...)
Yeah. Things are fine in my own family, but even then, I can tell Kiki said something particularly profound there.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:20 am 
I have now re-read most of last year, again! And now I see that the last time we saw Torg and the others was when some winged creater came flying in the background. How nice!

"I swear on my honor as a king to never work with you or give you a smidge of power."
"I swear on my honor as a king to work with you."
"I swear on my honor as a king to never work with you or give you a smidge of power."

Farahn can be faulted for not being aware he repeats himself, when it happens with a couple of thousands of years in between.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:58 pm 
gracesonnet wrote:
Don’t do anything bad to Kiki!

superhunnybear wrote:
Stay good, Ozzid!!!

Are you guys expecting Ozzid to eat Kiki or something?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:59 pm 
Well, he is a demon. But as for the vaguer "don't do anything bad to Kiki," there are hints in this dialogue that suggest Kiki may be in danger of hypothermia.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:18 pm 
Well, Ozzid has probably finally found a creature with low enough willpower for him to possess successfully...

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:53 pm 
Ozzid seems compassionate in the last panel. I think he has identifying with poor Kiki, left alone, cold and hungry. It seems they've bonded a bit, off screen, so to speak.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:59 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Ozzid seems compassionate in the last panel. I think he has identifying with poor Kiki, left alone, cold and hungry. It seems they've bonded a bit, off screen, so to speak.

I thought this was extremely obvious, lol. But then again, demons gotta eat, yo.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:32 pm 
Do they?

Silverwalker wrote:
Farahn can be faulted for not being aware he repeats himself, when it happens with a couple of thousands of years in between.

And when he's had a domination spell turning his brain into hummus. It wasn't that good to start with.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:34 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:

As noted elsewhere, I was really glad to see Kiki again back on March 24th (https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=73#2022-03-24)

It had seemed like Kiki must have been alone for a long, long time! (The 'ref' link in the above strip was from January 25, 2021, so it was almost exactly 14 months in 'our' time)

Now we know that it was either minutes, or maybe hours - depending on how long it actually took Ozzid to wake up when Paper Siphy was 'activated'(?).

At least she wasn't lonely for long, although, apparently it was long enough to be hungry (but isn't she almost always hungry?) and cold (but it is a 'pit' and the flames have died down, so it could become cold very quickly.)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions