Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:58 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
For anyone who wishes to discuss the additions / rearranging Pete made to the strips for Feb 16 to Mar 4:

Here's a link to the original strips before they were modified. Which may help to see what was changed.

I'll keep this pinned for a week.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:50 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
With this, we are basically getting 3 updates, this week. This could even be considered to be more, actually.

Somehow, this extra content instead of looking like afterward addition, look like it streamline the story more and make it more coherent instead of cluttering it, so, even if this was the point of it, kudos for a job well done.

About the content itself I like how it establish the book has a 3rd "will", the last wish of dying Quint. Could it be considered the true essence of the book?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:55 am 
Zillatain wrote:
For anyone who wishes to discuss the additions Pete made to the strips for Feb 16 to Mar 4:

Thanks Zill ... but I was late for work yesterday because I sat in front of my laptop manually hunting the archives to see what could be learned. Which is always full of distractions!

I think someone needs to build 'murder board' with pictures, push pins, and yarn to lay out all the competing/co-operating factions involved here!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:59 am 
Let the adorableness commence!

:kiki: Hi, I'm Kiki! Will you be my friend? <3

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:34 am 
Was the "guest appearance" in frame 5 there all along, or was it retconned? I don't remember it, but it's small enough that I could have missed it.

Not a retcon question, but how did burning Siphy's book-mummy form re-establish the bloodline ??

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:29 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
garyfritz wrote:
Was the "guest appearance" in frame 5 there all along, or was it retconned? I don't remember it, but it's small enough that I could have missed it.

(...)

viewtopic.php?p=327328#p327328

Quote:
Not a retcon question, but how did burning Siphy's book-mummy form re-establish the bloodline ??

My guess is, Ozzid could detect her presence once she was out of the book. As long as she is alive (or some part of her is), then he is bound to her.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:47 am 
Everything felt connected before, but now those connections are smoother. I think the retcon was worth it. Thanks Pete!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:48 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Quote:

My guess is, Ozzid could detect her presence once she was out of the book. As long as she is alive (or some part of her is), then he is bound to her.

But... that would say Ozzid should detect her as soon as the Book burped up the baby book and she popped out. It looked to me like Ozzid didn't detect the bloodline until she was burned and GONE.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:03 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
But... that would say Ozzid should detect her as soon as the Book burped up the baby book and she popped out. (...)

I think that's more or less what happened, but it just took a little while for Ozzid to "wake up" and rematerialise. Take into account Siphy II was burned almost right after she was expelled out of the Book of E-Ville.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:32 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I added to the top post a link to the original strips. So it should make it easier to see exactly how things were changed.

I was going to add it sooner, but some other things got in the way. Also it's an Imgur link, which I hope is not a problem for viewing.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions