Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:41 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Pete doesn't do Mondays all that often. Feels kinda weird...

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote even though it is weird.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:17 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
What did he do to her. Now she is all hideous. But at least she still has a great personality.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:31 am 
We are finally up to Gwynn possessing the book! And the book possessing her.

Looking at the links, this is such a long history. I will have to go back and read it again later.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:22 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
It's interresting that it look like for most of the time the book was sticking with :gwynn: it was only the will of Farhan and no one else.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:57 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Revenge against the brokenhearted? Isn't it the brokenhearted who is supposed to seek revenge on the heartbreaker?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:14 pm 
Dimmit! i know what I meant! But you're right, it was supposed to be "Revenge OF the Brokenhearted."

I'll go fix it.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:46 pm 
I am always amazed at how well Pete ties the plots from so long ago into the current story lines. :gwynn: :kzk:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:39 am 
I really like the line Poopy Pants has about 'Riff or Berk or whoever'.

Even when executing his Plan B to get free to destroy this spark he is so self-centered he could care less about any aspect of his tool's life that doesn't involve HIM.

So on character for him - textbook malignant narcissist (https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662).

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Things worth noting, the Book of Uglhëë contained four spells:
1. to take a demon into the book the spell is written in
2. to take a demon out of the book the spell is written in (basically 1. spelled backward, it is also established as being disguised as a "Where'd I put my keys" spell)
3. to take a demon from a person and put it into the book the spell is written in
4. to take a demon out of the book the spell is written in and forces it into a person (basically 3. spelled backward, it is also established as being disguised as a "Revenge of the Brokenhearted" spell)

Now, the question is, why didn't K'Z'K simply put in the book of E-Ville the spell to "take a demon out of the book" and instead went with the "takes a demon out of the book and forces it into a person"? All it does is add an unnecessary extra step. Maybe an oversight from his part? It wouldn't be the first time. Maybe he was too eager to see Siphy II actually doing his bidding to realise spell 2. might have been better than spell 4. ? Or maybe Farhan failed to follow K'Z'K's actual instructions and tasked Siphy II with the wrong spell?

Last thing to note, it looks like Torg badly botched the incantation of the spell "to take a demon out of a person to put it into a book", when he freed Gwynn, even though that spell itself wasn't present in that book itself but it make sense he was able to (badly) improvise it, as the correct spell, as we have established, is just the one Gwynn used, but backward.

Which might indicate that Torg actual plan was simply to put K'Z'K back into the book, but also that Torg and Riff winged everything till the last moment, which, you know, not really a surprise, there.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:15 pm 
Oh, that's brilliant!

My favorite thing about KZK's plan here is that for all its steps it's actually rather simple, and the only reason it took so long is that he kept facing setbacks.

His last con here also a great explanation for why Gwynn didn't find out about Farahn being a problem until she was already badly linked with the book.

Although, didn't Gwynn know it was a demon summoning spell originally? She just thought it was spell to summon a demon that would only target Riff, rather than... well... everyone and everything.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:09 am 
CodeBlack wrote:

Although, didn't Gwynn know it was a demon summoning spell originally? She just thought it was spell to summon a demon that would only target Riff, rather than... well... everyone and everything.

I think Gwynn understood the book enough to know there was something wrong with it at least at the subconscious level. K'Z'K just messed enough with her head to make her believe bad stuffs would happen if she didn't complete the spell.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:47 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Last thing to note, it looks like Torg badly botched the incantation of the spell

I find that especially amusing now, given his final pun in that casting panel.

"Now watch me spell correctly!" Alas, no, but points for trying. :torg:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions