Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:46 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
The last Tuesday of the year is here. How will you celebrate its end?

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:07 am 
Impressive that Pete brings these old strips into it. They were more light-hearted about the book of E-Ville. So, who was the demon who ended up in traffic? Anyone we should know?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:02 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Juxtaposing old and new strips like this makes it really visible how much Pete's art has improved over the years.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:04 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Quite a walk in the past. I guess K'Z'K used it as an opportunity to get rid of some lesser demons that were walking over his "end of the world" territory, like Captain Botanical.

About the box, the start of Roomies made me think we were seeing it from a pre-alteration point of view (seeing it started with no Gwynn-mind-ghost bug),but the box can only exist after K'Z'K has interfered with his own past. Then again, maybe the para-pox the bug went through also accounted for that modification. Time travel make continuity quite an iffy businesses, after all.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:50 am 
AAAAND we come full circle. Early Riff finding the Book and playing with it because he's bored, essentially. And a little thirsty.

I'm a little surprised neither Farahan or Poopy Pants recognized their old pal the God of Power hanging out around Riff, doing a little Freelance Slugging.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:23 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Biscuit wrote:
I'm a little surprised neither Farahan or Poopy Pants recognized their old pal the God of Power hanging out around Riff, doing a little Freelance Slugging.

I think previous comic has indicated their perception of the outside is rather limited up until they find someone to really entrust their power to.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:47 am 
Merry late Christmas, Pete and sluggy gang!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:27 pm 
Biscuit wrote:
AAAAND we come full circle. Early Riff finding the Book and playing with it because he's bored, essentially. And a little thirsty.

‘Full circle’ was my thought, too.
Did anyone else wonder if ‘years pass’ (twice) and ‘over a decade’ (it’s been over two for us since that strip appeared) were purposefully ironic self-references from Pete?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:41 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Juxtaposing old and new strips like this makes it really visible how much Pete's art has improved over the years.

IIRC, Pete has explained that his art ability was much better than that even at the time of the old strips, but he was just doing quick sketchy artwork back then. I think it's mostly that he spends more time drawing the comic now and possibly that he's improved on the speed with which he can draw art of the quality of the newer strips.

Biscuit wrote:

I'm not sure how much familiarity K'Z'K had with Sluggy and Farahn seems to either have less interest or less ability to look outside the book than K'Z'K - possibly both.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:07 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:

IIRC, Pete has explained that his art ability was much better than that even at the time of the old strips, but he was just doing quick sketchy artwork back then. I think it's mostly that he spends more time drawing the comic now and possibly that he's improved on the speed with which he can draw art of the quality of the newer strips.

Biscuit wrote:

I'm not sure how much familiarity K'Z'K had with Sluggy and Farahn seems to either have less interest or less ability to look outside the book than K'Z'K - possibly both.

Without doing an archive dive, I can’t recall if Bun Bun and Kzk ever were in the same scene.
If not, I could picture Kzk being too full of himself to bother to get to know what other ‘powers’ are nearby, but not directly impacted ting his plans.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:17 pm 
superhunnybear wrote:
Without doing an archive dive, I can’t recall if Bun Bun and Kzk ever were in the same scene.
If not, I could picture Kzk being too full of himself to bother to get to know what other ‘powers’ are nearby, but not directly impacted ting his plans.

Bunbun meat K'Z'K when he was possessing Gwynn, but he broke her glasses before she could truly look at him.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:14 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
superhunnybear wrote:

Bunbun meat K'Z'K when he was possessing Gwynn, but he broke her glasses before she could truly look at him.

I think the next closest thing was Gwynn showing K'Z'K the Bunbun card at the end of The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2001-03-18

Also, even in his myopic state, K'Z'K was able to tell Bunbun was a "cute little mini-lop."

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 1999-02-15

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:06 pm 
sycasey wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
superhunnybear wrote:

I think the next closest thing was Gwynn showing K'Z'K the Bunbun card at the end of The Bug, the Witch, and the Robot.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2001-03-18

Also, even in his myopic state, K'Z'K was able to tell Bunbun was a "cute little mini-lop."

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 1999-02-15

However, these events both occur after today's flashback. The only time I can think of that we know K'Z'K met Bun-Bun as Sluggy was at the end of the sixth spark when the whole group of deities came together to imprison him in the Never. That may not have been enough for him to instantly recognize Bun-Bun as the same deity millennia later from a vision of what was going on outside the book.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions