Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:07 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday is going to finish reading a new book.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:19 am 
"Could have been any of us." I love how self aware K'Z'K is in comparison to Farahn.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:30 am 
A fatal case of the Dunning-Kruger effect - with respect to her ability to manipulate people.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:45 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Well, that went as well as you could expect.

At this point, I wonder how the first Siphaniana would handle the king. We have been told that it was one of the actual few genuine love relationship of Farhan (very likely the only one, if ever), but it was also based on power play dynamics I am not sure would still exist.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:44 am 
How horribly she played her hand. She didn't consider that Farahn has lived for centuries and can wait for someone else to show up.

Is that four women in Farahn's clutches now? So tragic.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:20 am 
I wonder what the significance of the material used to bind the women is. Kira is bound in chains whereas siphy was bound in paper and Edda was bound in.... Not sure, also paper?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:25 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
Is that four women in Farahn's clutches now? So tragic.

Three as of the in-universe time of today's strip, but yeah, four if you count Gwynn in the present.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:44 am 
Now Poopy Pants and the King of All Mankind (who seems to have a bit of difficulty with the 'womankind', and probably has no idea to deal with the non-binary) have to start over. Looking at the time line Gwynn is up next.

For some reason reading today's page got me thinking of Pete's method for adding text to the art. Does he hand draw each letter? Or is this a typeface of some kind? Some letters are plain, some italic, some bold, some have extra serifs -- and all get kind of automatically translated in my head with differing emphasis and flourishes.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:47 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
"Could have been any of us." I love how self aware K'Z'K is in comparison to Farahn.

Illustrates the difference between a functioning sociopath and a malignant narcissist. The Bug can't help it, though, he really is an anthropomorphic (insectomorphic?) manifestation of a pillar of the universe that embodies the end of all things. Farahan is just a failed person.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:52 pm 
Biscuit wrote:
For some reason reading today's page got me thinking of Pete's method for adding text to the art. Does he hand draw each letter? Or is this a typeface of some kind? Some letters are plain, some italic, some bold, some have extra serifs -- and all get kind of automatically translated in my head with differing emphasis and flourishes.

I don't remember if it was Pete or someone else who said years ago they have a font based on their handwriting. May have been Pete, or maybe not. Or that could be a standard comics font... hard for me to guess intuitively, since I've definitely seen it a lot anyway given how much I've read this comic. Actually, my best guess right now is "standard comic font." Anyhow, the letters are definitely too regular and identical to be individually drawn. And the Bug's special font doesn't even look like handwriting at all. It's a different font, anyway.

I'd say this strip contains 1) the usual font plain, bold, italics and bold italics, 2) the Bug's fancy font, 3) hand-drawn sound effects and signature.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:32 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Typically Pete just uses comic sans I think. Which HAS generated controversy in the past...
but for Special occasions he changes it up, but I have no idea how he goes about that.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:35 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
At least Kira and Farahn are enjoying themselves.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:34 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
tube_rat wrote:
I wonder what the significance of the material used to bind the women is. Kira is bound in chains whereas siphy was bound in paper and Edda was bound in.... Not sure, also paper?

That might be just for the pun on "change".

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions